RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Thanks, Sir!

I'm interested in adding any of the following...

- Adizero Prime Boosts
- Adios 3 Boosts
- Energy Boost 2s
- Saucony Triumph Iso 2s

I haven't planned too far ahead for 2017, but so far:

Peg  33 ULTD
LunarTempo 1 Volt
Saucony ISO 2

I just pick things up on a whim at discounts, haha.

Kev: How'd you go about sizing with the Triumphs Iso2s? I'm not sure if I should go +1/2 or true...

Kev: How'd you go about sizing with the Triumphs Iso2s? I'm not sure if I should go +1/2 or true...
I went with a 10 - with the Pegs and LunarTempos, I wear a 10.5.  I actually did some Saucony wear-testing earlier this year and tried 9.5, 10, and 10.5 and found the 10s to work best for me.

Tonight's run at NRC season finale...

Vomero 12s are starting to appear - releasing in January, and looks to be 0.3 oz more than the 11s.  I've found the 10s to be a bit weighty, but I really don't notice on my long runs.

Vomero 12s are starting to appear - releasing in January, and looks to be 0.3 oz more than the 11s.  I've found the 10s to be a bit weighty, but I really don't notice on my long runs.
I wish they somehow brought out the orange flywire-like straps a little more. I think thats definitely a Vomero highlight. It just adds a little more contrast to the shoe. Just like how the Elites always have their signature swoosh on the toe.

Running off a 3-day hiatus... I felt rusty for the first 4 miles :smh:

Just purchased these...

Hopefully, they all fit right. If not, I'm glad they all have free return shipping :smokin

I'm also on the lookout for cheap FKRs :nerd:

via IG

Last edited:
Same here.

I just ordered these 2:

I also just scored a sweet deal on the Volt Flash Jacket in my size for $117 shipped. I've been looking for that jacket for years and refused to pay retail. I'll post pics when it arrives. #teambroke !

lol damn that's a lot of running shoes. I have 2 that I rotate at the most!

I just finished a 1/2 marathon this weekend, which should be the last run for me this year. I hit a pretty hard wall after 14k and had to walk about 2k before finishing the rest running. Having some energy gels saved my ***! 

How long do you guys normally rest up after a big race? I'm thinking about taking about a week off from any running.

I go through 12 pairs every one year, so it's a "new" shoe every month :smokin

I usually take one week off after a big race...

Just received a pair of Adios 3s, and, they fit SMALL! I need to go up one whole size, and I don't even have wide feet :smh:

I'm almost certain that I'll be doubling up on the Solar Red UB2s. If I do, I'll put one pair in the running rotation :smokin

Last edited:
You make me feel like a slacker, Ray makes me feel really slow...

But I love this group for reasons like that.

That's just awesome, 2,000 in a year!

What's everyone's goals for 2017 running?

My goal is to run the NYC marathon, not really sure on a time. Finishing Berlin in 3:40 makes me hungry to do it in under 3:30 of course, though! I also WILL run with a group and try it out, I have yet to run with someone else in my almost 2 years of running "regularly". Nike/local stores make it easy to join in and I just need to try it out, maybe meet some new people to inspire it

Last edited:
Congrats on 2,000mi, Tim! :smokin

Kev: You're way ahead of me in mileage for the year! :smokin

My goals for 2017...

- Log at least 1,200mi
- Average at least one month with a sub7 min. pace
- Run a race

Where are those NIKE+ recap vids at though? It's almost that time. :nerd:

Last edited:
Awesome stuff guys.

My goals for next year

Run my first half marathon

Run my first marathon. I won the lottery and gained entry into the Chicago marathon next October.

Consistently run 5 km in under 1/2 hour and 10 km in under an hour.

Get to 2017 km for the year

My goal will be set in the next two days - I find out by Saturday at the latest if I have a waiver for Boston this year.  If so, I'm going for 2500 km.

If not, it may be a sign to rest up during the winter months, and start up in March and go for 2017km.

my biggest running accomplishment for the year, hoping to add a lot more in 2017

For 2017, I might go for mileage again, since it has really become a lifestyle, keeping it up like I have. But does anyone have any suggestions for how to turn it into a fundraiser for a charity?

Other goal - possibly an ultra, but my wife is against it for now. Already signed up for the Redding marathon in January, and will try to go for 3:25.

The frame is ~$10 at Walmart, the back is some kind of felt over a cardboard so you can pin stuff on it.

For 2017, I might go for mileage again, since it has really become a lifestyle, keeping it up like I have. But does anyone have any suggestions for how to turn it into a fundraiser for a charity?

I tried it this year, but it didn't get the traction I had hoped.

I got people to pledge per kilometer, and then submit a guess for the year's total.  I made it a contest as to whoever was closest without going over, they got to pick the charity where all the money went.  I should have about $1800 by the end of the year (well, end of next week, haha).

Back
Top Bottom