RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

^I'd opt for either the vivoactive or vivoactive HR instead, as you can track a variety of other activities.

I just purchased the F3HR from Amazon (from GPS City) for $400 shipped. Now, I prefer a non-touchscreen running watch because I'm definitely less likely to end my runs prematurely. Also, it won't "accidentally" swipe to a random data screen.

Amazon product ASIN B01A5HIQ7Q

I'm trying to track my HR and calories burned when I'm at the gym. So I just bought a polar a300. Come to find out that it has one of those heart rate monitors that you strap around your chest, and it just sends info to the watch via Bluetooth. I don't need anything fancy just HR and calories

Can anyone recommend a watch with a built in HRM? Or are they all like that?

This is the best place to post this. Dudes in the workout thread would be no help :lol:

Last edited:
For Garmin, watches with the HRM built in are the vivoactive HR, forerunner225 and 235 and the fenix 3HR. I think the vivosmart has what you need as well.

Last edited:
Tonight's run...

Returned my ULTD Flyknit Streaks for these... I need that forefoot Zoom!

Flyknit Racer - Hot Cheeto
by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

I'm trying to set my 2017 lineup already :lol:

Some shoe-ins
- FKR: Acai
- FKR: Hot Cheeto
- Peg33: ULTD
- D3: GSW
- D4: Grinch
- LR3: Grey/Orange

Last edited:
What does D3 and D4 refer to?

My 2017 lineup is shaping up to be:

Peg 33 UTLDs

Peg 33 Shields

Lunarepic lows MC

Peg 33 IDs (just ordered a pair, very excited to see how these turn out)

Vomero 11 Black and Volt

Peg 33s Gradient Blue and Black

I haven't planned too far ahead for 2017, but so far:

Peg  33 ULTD

LunarTempo 1 Volt

Saucony ISO 2

I just pick things up on a whim at discounts, haha.

Last edited:
Mav: Newton Distance 3 and 4

Kev: you just reminded me to bargain hunt for the ISO2s! Lol

Last edited:
Mav: Newton Distance 3 and 4

Kev: you just reminded me to bargain hunt for the ISO2s! Lol
I picked up the Boston Marathon edition at the outlet for $80 on Black Friday.  I was going to just keep them casual, but I think I'll actually run them.

521/500mi (on these Racers) 4 miler to clinch my 11th consecutive 100mi month of the year :smokin

I think it's time to retire these. :frown:

I wish I didn't have a severe supinating footstrike for my left foot... :smh: I think these would've lasted even longer if it was efficient as my right...

Last edited:
I have a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks and I bought a pair of Hoka this past weekend. If I put in about 10-15 miles before the half marathon in 2 weeks, do you think that's enough break in period?

I have a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks and I bought a pair of Hoka this past weekend. If I put in about 10-15 miles before the half marathon in 2 weeks, do you think that's enough break in period?
It's enough to break in the shoe - a lot of them don't need much break-in time these days.

The only concern is if your stride changes, or your feet react differently to the strike, depending on what the shoe you've trained in is.  It may be nothing, or it may be very noticeable.

It's enough to break in the shoe - a lot of them don't need much break-in time these days.

The only concern is if your stride changes, or your feet react differently to the strike, depending on what the shoe you've trained in is.  It may be nothing, or it may be very noticeable.
I agree, especially if the new shoes are significantly different than what you've been wearing.  Hokas especially have quite a different sole experience than traditional running shoes, so if you don't have a pair of Hokas you've already been using, or something at least vaguely similar, you may be better off going with a more trusted trainer for a half marathon.

On the other hand, you may be just fine.  The "rocker" design of Hokas can be pretty forgiving even if you're new to them.  If those 10-15 miles you've had on them have been nothing but good, you'll probably be good.

Good luck either way!

Last edited:
I can't go a run without getting a really sore/discomfort achilles tendon later on in the day. I thought it was because I started running in the my new lunarglides, so I went back to a familiar pair of mizunos and it's the same.

I went this whole year without getting injured during my marathon training. I took a month break and now I'm getting this after every 3-5 mile run :smh:. Just wish I could run and improve without worrying about getting injured :lol:

Last edited:
I can't go a run without getting a really sore/discomfort achilles tendon later on in the day. I thought it was because I started running in the my new lunarglides, so I went back to a familiar pair of mizunos and it's the same.

I went this whole year without getting injured during my marathon training. I took a month break and now I'm getting this after every 3-5 mile run :smh:. Just wish I could run and improve without worrying about getting injured :lol:

I had achilles tendinitis for a cool minute. I thought my **** was gonna snap at any moment.

I started wrapping my lower calf down as far as I could to cover the achilles and felt some relief. Then I found this brace called the Achillotrain Pro. It's designed to protect the achilles and give it warmth. There's silicon padding. This area gets very little blood flow otherwise which makes it difficult to heal. I've been good ever since. Worth every penny!

8807294369822.jpg

Someone told me my Achilles pain was actually the by-product of a developing case of plantar fasciitis, and some of those remedies have helped me ease the pain.  It isn't gone, but I haven't rested more than 4-5 days to really test that theory.

If that's the case, put your big toe against the corner of a wall and lean into it and hold for at least 30 seconds per side. I do 3 sets of this each morning. It will help. Good luck

Been M.I.A. I feel like lately I've been blaming it on the weather, daylight savings time, the holidays, etc. Also trying to convince myself that I'm somewhat injured from the Marathon in the beginning of the month.

I'm trying not to be lazy and not make excuses, so the focus during the next few weeks is consistency! 2-3 runs every week is ideal. Or should I just buy some new shoes so I force myself to run? :smile:

Been M.I.A. I feel like lately I've been blaming it on the weather, daylight savings time, the holidays, etc. Also trying to convince myself that I'm somewhat injured from the Marathon in the beginning of the month.

I'm trying not to be lazy and not make excuses, so the focus during the next few weeks is consistency! 2-3 runs every week is ideal. Or should I just buy some new shoes so I force myself to run?
smile.gif
I fall into this from time to time, especially when I don't have a specific race to train for.  Just remember that it's supposed to be fun!  So, if only 2-3 runs a week keeps it fun, then do that, and then you'll want to get out there more.

Back
Top Bottom