Rumor: New iPhone in the wild | Update PG7

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by I CANT PASS

holdenmichael wrote:

I prefer Windows Mobile as my OS, but it seems to me that many people prefer the iPhone's.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

IMO

iPhone OS > Android (android is a close 2nd, but there are bugs) >>> blackberry >>>>>> WinMo

I honestly think android > iPhone OS. sure there are bugs but overall its more complex and you can do a lot more things. Things that need apps from the appstore are often built into the android OS (I mean, I have to download an app to see my battery usage on an iphone?).

Besides that little blip I agree with the rest
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rodster831

Originally Posted by JUS3

just saw a video of the n900 running mac os x 10.3
eek.gif
laugh.gif

BEAST of a phone.

I took him an hour and a half just to get to the "about" mac screen.Is it really all that impressive
It's a phone running an OS meant for a desktop. the lag is ridiculous, but it's just for %+#$+ and giggles. This just shows how powerful the n900 is, being able to multitask with EASE. Swiping through screens with 10 apps running, and hardly noticing any lag... $

Originally Posted by rodster831

just saw a video of the n900 running mac os x 10.3
eek.gif
laugh.gif

BEAST of a phone.

I took him an hour and a half just to get to the "about" mac screen.Is it really all that impressive
It's a phone running an OS meant for a desktop. the lag is ridiculous, but it's just for %+#$+ and giggles. This just shows how powerful the n900 is, being able to multitask with EASE. Swiping through screens with 10 apps running, and hardly noticing any lag... $
considering how the iphone Os is a modded version of the Leopard Os... im sure the iphone can do the same thing... since it was built for a verison of leopard.
and just because the 3gs doesnt have multitasking, that doesnt mean it cant do it if they put it on there.

Originally Posted by rossh123

i prefer my iphone 2g

i prefer the iphone 2g body. if the new one had the OG casing/body id buy in a heartbeat

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

No keyboard = no care.

I have my 3GS in hand right now...great phone but I need tactile response and all those apps in the app store are a joke. Like 5% of them are useful.

A 1GHz Android or next generation Maemo device is looking real good right about now.

Apple is slacking.
whaaaa

iphone apps (and interface of course) are what make the phone

bb/droid don't come close.

at least this is my impression.....but i'm a little out of my element when it comes to phones/electronics

please explain

Y'all are really comparing a Nikia to a 2007 iPhone with minor upgrades...we really haven't seen what the iPhone can truly do

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Y'all are really comparing a Nikia to a 2007 iPhone with minor upgrades...we really haven't seen what the iPhone can truly do
3f92562eab96b2ae4f0d7e6905f63a7e2b80a6e.gif

Are we suppose to wait for Apple to release something really revolutionary before we compare it to what is new right now from HTC, Nokia, Motorola, and etc.? Business reason aside, no one is stopping Apple from just releasing "minor" annual upgrades. And lets say some new revolutionary iPhone does come out in June, can detractors just say "Well, you are comparing the newest iPhone to a Nokia from last year... We haven't really seen what Nokia can do." 
tongue.gif

The only thing wrong with the iphone hardware wise is its miniscule resolution. If they change that and screen size this summer then they've taken care of pretty much everything hardware wise.

Software side is a mixed bag. I don't need 'multitasking' since I don't really see a point to having apps run in the background that I'm not using but everyone else on the planet does.
But changing of the background would be nice.

Everything will get better once the 7.2 back-haul is finished.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by CWrite78

and then jobs has the nerve to call Adobe lazy. 3 years, same design and minor spec bumps and idiots eat it all up.
he did that?
grin.gif
No sir.

Let's review,

OG iPhone: no MMS, no 3G, no video recording

iPhone 3G: no MMS, 3G, no video recording

iPhone 3GS, no MMS (iono if it has MMS now, though), 3G, video recording

Seriously, Apple?
indifferent.gif

Don't even bring up jailbreaking into the discussion, because if you need to jailbreak a phone to get MMS and video recoding, that's just sad.

The 3g has video recording and edit now someone made an app for it and it doesn't need to be jailbroken

Originally Posted by CWrite78

and then jobs has the nerve to call Adobe lazy. 3 years, same design and minor spec bumps and idiots eat it all up.

If it aint broke dont fix it. 

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

multitask this and multitask that
eyes.gif

not to mention all the useless apps and STILL NO FLASH!!!!

its a toy for grown ups... face it...

windows mobile is crazy... u have no idea... id like to see u login and control ur pc from ur precious iphone

i love my iphone, its just everything in one. ive had blackberries before but have never cared to put music in it because its interface is just meh.

cant wait to hear what service provider apple is going to go with, if any specifically. tmob aint cuttin it in austin

Via iclarified.com

iPhone 4G Parts Reveal That New Model is Taller?
iPhone repair site iResQ claims to have obtained parts for the fourth generation iPhone. Its unclear if these are authentic parts; however, you can find the pictures and their observations below.

1) The LCD appears to be factory glued to the digitizer which is more similar to the first generation iPhones than the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The digitizer can be separated from the LCD on the 3G and 3GS models, which should be interesting to all, but for the repair folks like us–this means that the 4G screen repair price will be higher since both parts will have to be replaced at once.

2) The iPhone 4G front panel seems to be about 1/4″ longer than its predecessors.

3) There is an interesting reflective, mirror-like surface directly above the speaker. This is likely a spot for the proximity sensor. If that’s what is is, it’s in a different location than previous models.
26903-500.jpg

26904-500.jpg

26905-500.jpg

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

multitask this and multitask that
eyes.gif

not to mention all the useless apps and STILL NO FLASH!!!!

its a toy for grown ups... face it...

windows mobile is crazy... u have no idea... id like to see u login and control ur pc from ur precious iphone
You can, now @%%% outta this thread with all that Window Mobile garbage.

laugh.gif

Windows Mobile isn't that bad.

I guess I should've clarified that while I like Windows Mobile, I'm probably only using it because it's the best I can get on my plan with Sprint.

Still, I've got access to a 2G iPhone and a 3G S and I'm still not able to do everything I want or can do on them. One example, I can't search for e-mails and then delete them. Another is my ability to play most any type of movie w/o having to convert it first. Finally, I appreciate being able to sync to a cloud for free.

Nevertheless, I'm not going to hold one OS above another because I can do everything I need to do on any device and most of what I want to do on any device.

Regarding the next iPhone, like someone else stated, a slightly larger screen with higher resolution would be nice, but I have to think that they'd have to do a lot more than that to get people to upgrade or leave their current service. I look forward to seeing what they do.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

laugh.gif

I guess I should've clarified that while I like Windows Mobile, I'm probably only using it because it's the best I can get on my plan with Sprint.

Still, I've got access to a 2G iPhone and a 3G S and I'm still not able to do everything I want or can do on them. One example, I can't search for e-mails and then delete them. Another is my ability to play most any type of movie w/o having to convert it first. Finally, I appreciate being able to sync to a cloud for free.

Nevertheless, I'm not going to hold one OS above another because I can do everything I need to do on any device and most of what I want to do on any device.

Regarding the next iPhone, like someone else stated, a slightly larger screen with higher resolution would be nice, but I have to think that they'd have to do a lot more than that to get people to upgrade or leave their current service. I look forward to seeing what they do.
what are you talking about. winmo isn't the best you can do with sprint. try out android, the gui is pretty smooth.

what are you talking about. winmo isn't the best you can do with sprint. try out android, the gui is pretty smooth.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

laugh.gif

huh? you can search for emails and delete them...

and if you dont mind jailbreaking, you can play any video type as well

I just searched for an e-mail. I'm unable to swipe it to get the delete button to appear and the trash can icon is grayed out when I select the e-mail to view it. How else am I supposed to delete it?

There's a lot that can be done with an iPhone after jailbreaking, but I'm referring to less invasive (downloading a program doesn't void the warranty) methods of using a device.

Back
Top Bottom