Rumor: New iPhone in the wild | Update PG7

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

nokia n900 people....

get a real device, not a toy

do you know how much an n900 costs? to do the same damn thing?
the only thing that can do better is play flash from the browser, and has an sd slot.

not worth the extra $400-$500

iPhone > the mobile phone market.

haters gon' hate, but do you. if you are happy with your phones, then keep using them. but obviously if the iphone satisfies this many people, theres nothing wrong with it

JUS3 wrote:
the iPhone is behind in specs compared to other phones, but the app store is what makes the difference to some people. unlocked iPhone is a beast of a phone.. if only the battery lasted longer..

this coming from a BB user

my only beef...battery i absolutely ridiculous

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

My bad, I typed that out in a rush. Let me re-fix it. And no, the 3G doesn't have MMS unless you jailbreak it.

Fixed again. You only have to have the firmware update to 3.1.2 and you will have MMS. No jailbreaking required.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

if this thing has ichat......GAME OVER!!!!

ichat mobile, a true skype mobile app, oovoo mobile, and facebook will probably make a video mobile chat app...

people dont understand how much of a grip Apple has on the phone market right now. they can drop a phone every year and it will sell like hotcakes.
the app store is just like itunes was when it first came out with the 1st gen ipods. Apple damn near has a monopoly on the mobile phone/mobile entertainment market.

I know people with iphones that can replace batteries.

they are technicians at cellbrite tho, they get phones before the FCC does.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

hook that up please

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

yeah but if a regular consumer tries that, and fails, its a wrap.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

nokia n900 people....

the only thing that can do better is play flash from the browser, and has an sd slot.

haters gon' hate, but do you. if you are happy with your phones, then keep using them. but obviously if the iphone satisfies this many people, theres nothing wrong with it

You forget the N900 can multitask and has a 16 gig memory card right out of the box.

nokia n900 people....

You forget the N900 can multitask and has a 16 gig memory card right out of the box.
yes, but if you spend THAT much time on your phone that you need to multitask, you need to buy a laptop.
like, the things i need multitasking on my laptop for (editing video, webdesigning, graphic designing, chopping audio, etc etc due to my college major) you cannot do these things on ANY phone.

people act like they NEED multitasking on their mobile phone. most people don't even use their phones to their full potential. people but smartphones to text, call, and listen to music and watch videos.

and the iphone can have a 32 gig hdd out of the box (we all know that, and the new one may have more space. we never know)

i guess what my point is, a lot of people just want higher specs to brag about it. because there's nothing you can do on your phone with multitasking that you really need to do on a mobile phone. if you can give me 5 things you NEED multitasking on your phone for, i will dub the n900 better than the iphone.

like, dont get me wrong, there are a ton of great phones out there, but from the standpoint of a consumer who has other tools to multitask, edit, etc etc with (ie. my laptop/desktop)
i dont NEED a phone that can possibly replace my laptop... i need a phone that can play my music, run some games, play some movies, send email, and text. also, obviously i need it to call.

some people get too caught up in specs, and never use them.

nokia n900 people....

yes, but if you spend THAT much time on your phone that you need to multitask, you need to buy a laptop.
like, the things i need multitasking on my laptop for (editing video, webdesigning, graphic designing, chopping audio, etc etc due to my college major) you cannot do these things on ANY phone.

people act like they NEED multitasking on their mobile phone. most people don't even use their phones to their full potential. people but smartphones to text, call, and listen to music and watch videos.

and the iphone can have a 32 gig hdd out of the box (we all know that, and the new one may have more space. we never know)

i guess what my point is, a lot of people just want higher specs to brag about it. because there's nothing you can do on your phone with multitasking that you really need to do on a mobile phone. if you can give me 5 things you NEED multitasking on your phone for, i will dub the n900 better than the iphone.

Laptops aren't exactly compact, though. That's where the multitasking on a cell phone comes in. People can't just carry around their laptops everywhere they go.

Oh yes, as for the 16 gig memory card, it comes with the 32 gig internal memory, equaling 48 gigs. But you mentioned no need for higher specs, so that's not the point.

nokia n900 people....

an unsubsidized iphone cost just as much as a n900 or maybe even more considering you have to purchase a mandatory data plan. I find it ridiculous how the iphone will eventually cost over 2gs for over 2 years of use. Not worth it imo.

and dont forget n900 has xvid and divx support, multitask, free open source apps including emulators, thats right EMULATORS.. and possibly within a month, free gps navigation with no data plan required. the only thing the iphone really has are looks and multitouch, other than that its a toy.

the problem is people these days are too uneducated to know what they even want. they have no idea what they are missing out on. they need their lord and savior steve jobs to tell them what they want and its just sad.

and dont forget n900 has xvid and divx support, multitask, free opensource apps including emulators, thats right EMULATORS.. and possiblywithin a month, free gps navigation with no data plan required. theonly thing the iphone really has are looks and multitouch, other thanthat its a toy.
Oh word? Let me look into this phone.
nerd.gif

nokia n900 people....

haters gon' hate, but do you. if you are happy with your phones, then keep using them. but obviously if the iphone satisfies this many people, theres nothing wrong with i
and dont forget n900 has xvid and divx support, multitask, free open source apps including emulators, thats right EMULATORS.. and possibly within a month, free gps navigation with no data plan required. the only thing the iphone really has are looks and multitouch, other than that its a toy.

and thats all it really needs, doesnt matter all that extra gibberish the nokia can do, it may look better on paper but you cant beat the simple-ness of the iphone once its in your hand

do you think general america really cares that it can play xvid and support source codes and play emulators
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

and dont forget n900 has xvid and divx support, multitask, free open
source apps including emulators, thats right EMULATORS.. and possibly
within a month, free gps navigation with no data plan required. the
only thing the iphone really has are looks and multitouch, other than
that its a toy.
Oh word? Let me look into this phone.
nerd.gif

If you really wanna pay $600 for it.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

is it just me or are iphones getting more played out with each post about an iphone?
For-@+$@$+@-real. I don't even want one anymore....(but I'll probably get it anyway)

because "there are somethings meant for the common man to understand and there are somethings they will never grasp"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i remember this......funniest posts in the history of nt

nokia n900 people....

an unsubsidized iphone cost just as much as a n900 or maybe even more considering you have to purchase a mandatory data plan. I find it ridiculous how the iphone will eventually cost over 2gs for over 2 years of use. Not worth it imo.

the problem is people these days are too uneducated to know what they even want. they have no idea what they are missing out on. they need their lord and savior steve jobs to tell them what they want and its just sad.
a no contract iphone straight from apple costs around $500-$600, so you are right.
but at the same time, an iphone with a plan = $200-$300 + the plan for 2 years still equals cheaper than a n900 with a plan for 2 years.
the only way they cost the same is if you buy the iphone with no contract, then put a contract on it. but who does that? besides tmobile customers...

and since i dont want to bring jailbreaking into the convo, yes the iphone doesn't run xvid, but.. come on... anyone who knows what xvid is also knows how to convert videos to mpeg.
but if i were to bring jailbreaking into the equation, iphone + vlc = running any video.

and you are right, people these days dont know what they want or really need. i can get the n900 and use it to its max, but i dont want to, because i know i dont want to do all of that on my phone. i barely use my phone for anything now. i LIVE on my laptop. my phone is used for music, videos, and text/calling. the occasional game here and there, and GPS for when im not in my car or riding with a friend.

i used to be the type to buy a phone with high specs and use everything it could do, but then i found myself spending less time on my phone.
i get bored with phones fast. ive had many phones alongside of this iphone i have now, and i always come back to it. i have had tons of phones in the past, and to be honest, the flame only lasts a couple months. 

if the iphone began to multitask, sure it would be great, but i probably wouldn't even care much because like i said before, i dont spend that much dedicated time on my phone anyway.

Laptops aren't exactly compact, though. That's where the multitasking on a cell phone comes in. People can't just carry around their laptops everywhere they go.

Oh yes, as for the 16 gig memory card, it comes with the 32 gig internal memory, equaling 48 gigs. But you mentioned no need for higher specs, so that's not the point.
yeah that is true, a lot of people dont carry their computers, but i guess since im a tech head i cant escape taking my laptop with me places (not everywhere, but if i know im going to have idle time sitting near tables etc etc. ill take it. i wont take my laptop to the doctor or dentist
laugh.gif
)

and 48 gigs is a lot of space for a phone, i actually wish the iphone had that much space. but hopefully this new one will have a 64 gb hdd like the ipod touch.
rumors are, there's a 128 gb iphone releasing. so we will have to see.

I guess i am on the other side of the fence with you guys because i  am the type to do real multitasking and processing on my laptop. not on a mobile phone, because other than running GPS in the background, i dont see what a mobile phone needs multi tasking for...

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

because "there are somethings meant for the common man to understand and there are somethings they will never grasp"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i remember this......funniest posts in the history of nt

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah i had to bring the sig out of retirement
pimp.gif

xvid! divx support! Freakin' EMULATORS!?! Holy @$@%!

I can't imagine how many more iPhones Apple could sell if they supported more video formats and emulators
laugh.gif
Eight? 15? 200?

Seriously, what are you getting out of your phone through multitasking and its various feature that millions of other people are missing out on w/o even knowing it (subconsciously?)?

My life seems fine w/ my Touch Pro 2, but now I'm having doubts. Unfortunately, I'm too uneducated to know what I even want.

Shoot...my life has just changed...I need a beer...or a Sega Genesis game for my Touch Pro 2...

n900 is $530 now on newegg.com with financing available (newegg preferred account no interest for 6 months for orders over $500)

its only going to get better with updates

Back
Top Bottom