Rumor: New iPhone in the wild | Update PG7

Originally Posted by CWrite78

and then jobs has the nerve to call Adobe lazy. 3 years, same design and minor spec bumps and idiots eat it all up.
Well, this is a prototype, not the final or official. Like most companies, they use previous devices to test out new specs and features, it throws off these "insiders".

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Capricorn1229 wrote:

CWrite78 wrote:

and then jobs has the nerve to call Adobe lazy. 3 years, same design and minor spec bumps and idiots eat it all up.
he did that?
grin.gif
No sir.

Uhhh yes sir. Jobs recently got on Google for trying to compete with the iPhone. and he called Adobe lazy as well.

exactly, just go on engadget or gizmodo, or whatever steve jobs/apple d-riding "tech" blog there is right now and (if you can get through all the iPad stories) you'll find it.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Well, this is a prototype, not the final or official. Like most companies, they use previous devices to test out new specs and features, it throws off these "insiders".

lol right. apple is not moving away from the candy bar full touch screen "let me release 1 or 2 STANDARD functions that other phones have" business model. hopefully one day the consumer will open their eyes to apple's iBullcrap

What improvements would you guys add to the actual, physical part of the phone? I'm happy with mine but I would love better, louder, more durable speakers.

Unless Apple makes an Iphone which can give BJs, they're still making gadgets with Jurassic technology.

Unless that is a front facing camera, I don't get why I should care.

Even if it is, I only care if I can use it to broadcast video straight to a computer, not just another phone.

Regarding the minor spec bumps, where is anyone getting anything else? Windows Mobile?
laugh.gif
Android?
laugh.gif

As far as the design goes, what else would you want that would work with the OS?

CWrite pretty much summed up what I was gonna say.

Dudes add a few specs, sell it for $300 and people eat it all up.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Unless that is a front facing camera, I don't get why I should care.

Even if it is, I only care if I can use it to broadcast video straight to a computer, not just another phone.

Regarding the minor spec bumps, where is anyone getting anything else? Windows Mobile?
laugh.gif
Android?
laugh.gif

As far as the design goes, what else would you want that would work with the OS?

what do you mean where is anyone getting anything else?

Well, where is anyone getting anything more than incremental changes in their OS? Where is anyone getting more than incremental changes in their hardware?

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Well, where is anyone getting anything more than incremental changes in their OS? Where is anyone getting more than incremental changes in their hardware?

um, WM and Android? 1GHz processors, on different hardware made by different companies that make different UIs. they dont just release one or 2 so called features and add another letter to the name. i know this is apple and they're very closed off to the rest of the tech world.. but at least switch up your UI to make it useable since multitasking is obviously too advanced for their phones

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

lol right. apple is not moving away from the candy bar full touch screen "let me release 1 or 2 STANDARD functions that other phones have" business model. hopefully one day the consumer will open their eyes to apple's iBullcrap

be0250defee4c43e067a3b9fcd1c3449037d38f.pjpg

I had 2 brosinki lol, ily

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

CWrite78 wrote:

IHeartBoost wrote:

CWrite78 wrote:

be0250defee4c43e067a3b9fcd1c3449037d38f.pjpg

I had 2 brosinki lol, ily

it is what it is

Capricorn1229 wrote:

CWrite78 wrote:

he did that?
grin.gif
No sir.
Uhhh yes sir. Jobs recently got on Google for trying to compete with the iPhone. and he called Adobe lazy as well.

exactly, just go on engadget or gizmodo, or whatever steve jobs/apple d-riding "tech" blog there is right now and (if you can get through all the iPad stories) you'll find it.
He said these things at the Apple Town Hall Meeting during his Keynote to the employees.  To an extent, Adobe Flash hasn't really expanded their software to be compatible to Apple. The argument can go both ways since Steve Jobs, I believe had a falling out with Adobe a couple of years back.  Either way, new iPhone or not, there is still a Mac thread.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Capricorn1229 wrote:

CWrite78 wrote:

he did that?
grin.gif
No sir.

He said these things at the Apple Town Hall Meeting during his Keynote to the employees.  To an extent, Adobe Flash hasn't really expanded their software to be compatible to Apple. The argument can go both ways since Steve Jobs, I believe had a falling out with Adobe a couple of years back.  Either way, new iPhone or not, there is still a Mac thread.
wink.gif

Thank you for going in depth.
smile.gif
Since I am a mac supporter I will go to that thread to read up.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

he did that?
grin.gif
No sir.

Let's review,
OG iPhone: no MMS, no 3G, no video recording
iPhone 3G: no MMS, 3G, no video recording
iPhone 3GS, no MMS (iono if it has MMS now, though), 3G, video recording
Seriously, Apple?
indifferent.gif

Don't even bring up jailbreaking into the discussion, because if you need to jailbreak a phone to get MMS and video recoding, that's just sad.

um, WM and Android? 1GHz processors, on different hardware made by different companies that make different UIs. they dont just release one or 2 so called features and add another letter to the name. i know this is apple and they're very closed off to the rest of the tech world.. but at least switch up your UI to make it useable since multitasking is obviously too advanced for their phones

1GHz processors just came out and they're necessary upgrades because 600, sometimes 800, wasn't cutting it. That doesn't seem to be the case for the iPhone.

By the way, how long were you using slower processors before getting to 1GHz? How long have 1GHz processors been in use in cell phones? Why does the iPhone need a 1Ghz processor? To have a flashy number to point to? What are you doing faster on a Nexus One or Touch HD2 than you're doing on an iPhone 3G S?

What other fast paced changes to the hardware are you looking for?

Different UI's? What does Apple need a different UI for? Ease of use
laugh.gif
Right, that's exactly where Apple's OS is lacking compared to Windows Mobile and Android
laugh.gif
On top of that, the most attractive UIs aren't made by Google or Microsoft, they're made by HTC.

What other software changes are you looking for?

What type of multitasking is necessary on the iPhone that helps in everyday life?

Why should Apple be doing more what they're doing, or what their competition is "doing", if they're selling better than their competition?
" ", if they have better customer satisfaction ratings than their competition?

I prefer Windows Mobile as my OS, but it seems to me that many people prefer the iPhone's.

Holden, do you post on Engadget? I saw someone on there post with your name...not sure if its you though.....

LimitedRetroOG wrote:
Let's review,
iPhone 3G: no MMS, 3G, video recording
iPhone 3GS, no MMS, 3G, no video recording

Fixed.

My bad, I typed that out in a rush. Let me re-fix it. And no, the 3G doesn't have MMS unless you jailbreak it.

the iPhone is behind in specs compared to other phones, but the app store is what makes the difference to some people. unlocked iPhone is a beast of a phone.. if only the battery lasted longer..

this coming from a BB user

Still sold better than other devices.
Video recording on other devices was horrible anyway, so not including that feature wasn't a big deal.
3G would've killed at&t.  Including it may have done worse damage to Apple's rep than not including it.  I also believe I remember that Apple chose to go with better battery life and depending on the ubiquity of wifi.  Again, it sold like hot cakes.

iPhone 3G: no MMS, 3G, video recording
Still sold better than other devices.
You forgot to add GPS and one more megapixel on the camera.
Those were significant upgrades.

They've since added MMS.

Didn't at&t have problems with their network (and continue to have problems?) because of the amount of users browsing the web on their iPhones?  Even with whatever profits they were raking in (any?) due to the iPhone, they still weren't able to prepare their network for how many users they had.  That's an at&t problem, not Apple.

Do you remember if at&t had any problems due to the amount of users on Windows Mobile? 
laugh.gif

iPhone 3GS, no MMS (iono if it has MMS now, though), 3G, no video recording
Yes, it has MMS, but it took 4 (?) months to get it in the US because of at&t, not Apple.
Yes, it has video recording and editing out of the box.
Again, they added a megapixel to the camera.  They also added a compass, 8GB of storage, voice control software, and a faster processor.

Again, all significant upgrades.

Again, they sold like hot cakes.

Again, at&t's network had a hard time when iPhone users around the country began using their new feature (MMS).

Were Windows Mobile users getting a lot more when they were going from an Apache (PPC6700) to a Mogul (PPC 6800) to a Vogue (PPC6900) to a Raphael (Touch Pro) to a Rhodium (Touch Pro 2)?

Holden, do you post on Engadget? I saw someone on there post with your name...not sure if its you though.....

Like, in the comments? I'm sure I've posted there once or twice.

Back
Top Bottom