Rumor: New iPhone in the wild | Update PG7

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

n900 is $530 now on newegg.com with financing available (newegg preferred account no interest for 6 months for orders over $500)

its only going to get better with updates
laugh.gif
if you have to finance a phone, you shouldn't have it in your possession. 

here's my thing, i think the n900 is a sexy phone. i love what it can do, and i respect anyone who has one. point blank, its a baller @!*!#+$ phone and anyone who has it i will be in envy of.
BUT, its something i just don't need. its kind of like xbox and ps3. im satisfied with the console i have, i dont need to buy another console if sony releases a product i enjoy and satisfies me everytime a new one releases.

everyone who doesnt have an iphone calls it a toy, but in reality, all of these phones are "toys". all you need your phone to do is make a phone call and send a txt msg. anything that plays a game is a toy, and all of these phones play games. you claimed it can run emulators (which an iphone can do whether people down jailbreaking or not) and the 3gs does it flawlessly. theres a @!*!#+$ playstation and n64 emulator. name another phone that can do that, and i dont think any of nokias phones can. and nokia makes the highest quality phones imo (although i dont have one because of my lack of need, i can still admit that the nokia n series is the Lamborghini of cellular phones)

n900 is $530 now

smokin.gif

The iphone can have it's looks. I have an ipod touch and a macbook I carry around everywhere. I need my phone to be the best tho.

yeah that is true, a lot of people dont carry their computers, but i guess since im a tech head i cant escape taking my laptop with me places (not everywhere, but if i know im going to have idle time sitting near tables etc etc. ill take it. i wont take my laptop to the doctor or dentist )

and 48 gigs is a lot of space for a phone, i actually wish the iphone had that much space. but hopefully this new one will have a 64 gb hdd like the ipod touch.
rumors are, there's a 128 gb iphone releasing. so we will have to see.

I guess i am on the other side of the fence with you guys because i am the type to do real multitasking and processing on my laptop. not on a mobile phone, because other than running GPS in the background, i dont see what a mobile phone needs multi tasking for...

The same thing you do on your laptop. As said, laptops aren't compact and when they wanna do stuff on their laptop but can't cuz they don't wanna carry their laptop around with them, that's where the cell phone comes in.

Can't they take a better pic?

Its always blurry when something " special " was taken..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

yeah that is true, a lot of people dont carry their computers, but i guess since im a tech head i cant escape taking my laptop with me places (not everywhere, but if i know im going to have idle time sitting near tables etc etc. ill take it. i wont take my laptop to the doctor or dentist )

and 48 gigs is a lot of space for a phone, i actually wish the iphone had that much space. but hopefully this new one will have a 64 gb hdd like the ipod touch.
rumors are, there's a 128 gb iphone releasing. so we will have to see.

I guess i am on the other side of the fence with you guys because i am the type to do real multitasking and processing on my laptop. not on a mobile phone, because other than running GPS in the background, i dont see what a mobile phone needs multi tasking for...

The same thing you do on your laptop. As said, laptops aren't compact and when they wanna do stuff on their laptop but can't cuz they don't wanna carry their laptop around with them, that's where the cell phone comes in.
a mobile phone cant run adobe cs4 suite, 3d studio max, and cinema 4d. these phones CAN'T do what i do on my laptop
laugh.gif

hell, you cant even run a notepad application and code a simple page in html and upload it to the net with a mobile phone.

that is why i dont buy all of these phones that have these high specs anymore. because at the end of the day, they really CANT do what i need
smh.gif

and i dont even want to sound like an apple fanboy. i just know what i need in my pocket, and what i dont need in my pocket. and i dont need an n900 or multitasking.

^^ i love the fact how cingular always boast that the iphone can 'multitask' by calling and using the web browser. WOWWWW. To bad it sucks at multitasking realistically compared to an n900 or even other phones.

just saw a video of the n900 running mac os x 10.3
eek.gif
laugh.gif

BEAST of a phone.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

^^ i love the fact how cingular always boast that the iphone can 'multitask' by calling and using the web browser. WOWWWW. To bad it sucks at multitasking realistically compared to an n900 or even other phones.
laugh.gif
yeah, AT&T is just the middle man... don't listen to the ******ed !%!! they say in their commercials.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

n900 is $530 now on newegg.com with financing available (newegg preferred account no interest for 6 months for orders over $500)

laugh.gif
I paid for my phone upfront but your comment is irrelevant. Its like asking if I have finance a laptop, I shouldnt have it in my possession?
electronic devices are not cheap and these financing terms are than reasonable. I dont see why people shouldnt take advantage of it especially if you have nothing to lose, its no like they are charging you 25%apr, just pay in full before the 6month is over and the monthly minimum payment and you are set. Infact it makes it even cheaper if you factor in the time value of money. Yea your credit score might take a small hit but it also gives you an opportunity to improve it. BTW I got mine from dell during the their blackfriday sale. It cost me 400 bucks.

And dont get me wrong, I have no beef with the iphone. I just hate the fact people always gas this phone up when there are alternatives out there that are just as good if not better. Lets not forget about the poor 3g coverage and the dropped calls. I just dont understand how people can support apple when apple has more than enough capabilities to put these features in the iphone and then praise the phone as one of the greatest inventions of all time. Personaly I enjoy having the freedom to use these features. It might not be practical for most users but people paid good money to have a nice phone.   Its getting clearer now after apple release the ipad that people see their true colors. Steve Jobs is power hungry and he is creating tension between business partners such as qualcomm and intel.
http://www.businessweek.c...-ipad-chip-update2-.html

if you dont see your core i5/i7 macbooks, you have steve jobs to thank.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

laugh.gif
I paid for my phone upfront but your comment is irrelevant. Its like asking if I have finance a laptop, I shouldnt have it in my possession?
electronic devices are not cheap and these financing terms are than reasonable. I dont see why people shouldnt take advantage of it especially if you have nothing to lose, its no like they are charging you 25%apr, just pay in full before the 6month is over and the monthly minimum payment and you are set. Infact it makes it even cheaper if you factor in the time value of money. Yea your credit score might take a small hit but it also gives you an opportunity to improve it. BTW I got mine from dell during the their blackfriday sale. It cost me 400 bucks.

And dont get me wrong, I have no beef with the iphone. I just hate the fact people always gas this phone up when there are alternatives out there that are just as good if not better. Lets not forget about the poor 3g coverage and the dropped calls. I just dont understand how people can support apple when apple has more than enough capabilities to put these features in the iphone and then praise the phone as one of the greatest inventions of all time. Personaly I enjoy having the freedom to use these features. It might not be practical for most users but people paid good money to have a nice phone.   Its getting clearer now after apple release the ipad that people see their true colors. Steve Jobs is power hungry and he is creating tension between business partners such as qualcomm and intel.
http://www.businessweek.c...-ipad-chip-update2-.html

if you dont see your core i5/i7 macbooks, you have steve jobs to thank.
yes i can see your point, but you are already paying a phone bill, why would you pay a phone bill and a bill to pay off the phone?
a computer is different, you can pay a monthly bill to pay off a laptop because there are no other additional bills and engagements you have with paying for it.
because remember, you dont have to have the internet, so you dont have to have any other bills to pay for on a computer.

and not everyone thinks as logically as you. some people will buy the phone knowing damn well it wont be paid off in 6 months 
laugh.gif

and yes, Steve jobs is Dr. Robotnik but I have no problem with leaving from apple if the iphone just completely becomes redundant in the next couple years.
lets say, nokia releases a phone that completely fits my lifestyle, I will buy it. im not a dedicated slave to a brand, i WILL leave if i see something that fits my lifestyle more/better.
but right now, the iphone meets my requirements so im down with apple for now.

and who knows, i may see a n900 in person and fall in love with it. i have nothing against the phone, i just dont feel like i need it. if i were to sit here and say the iphone is better than it technically, i'd be a fool/tool. my point and argument on my side of the fence was that the n900 just doesnt fit what i need and the iphone is everything I need in my pocket. for everything else, I have on my laptop or my desktop. but just because i may fall in love with it, i still may not get it unless it does something that the iphone cant do that already satisfies me. if anything, I just want in browser flash. but im not willing to pay and replace my handset now just for flash.

Im an iphone user, you are an n900 user, no beef. we can sit at the same table and converse about our phones and it would all be fine. as with anyone else with any other phone. my girl has an android and it was hell when she first got it because all she was talking about is how its an "iphone killer"
smh.gif
  but i think your laptop/pc should fit all your needs and your phone should fit your needs considering it will be in your pocket on you all the time and the iphone fits me almost perfectly.

Calling it:

The new iPhone will have hardware that is super tough to jailbreak. Meaning the folks at Cydia or BlackRain will have a hard, long time to figure out how to jailbreak it.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Calling it:

The new iPhone will have hardware that is super tough to jailbreak. Meaning the folks at Cydia or BlackRain will have a hard, long time to figure out how to jailbreak it.
geohot hasnt run into too many problems, and he unlocked the PS3 so anythings possible but truth, its gonna take awhile

Anyone that can do simple math should know that it is cheaper to buy an unlocked N900 and sign up with a T-Mobile Plus plan than to get a $200 iPhone and pay for the more expensive ATT iPhone plan. You can save hundreds in those two years.

Same approach applied to the Google Nexus One. Buy the phone at $530 and sign up with T-Mobile Plus. You save money compared to signing up for the standard 2 year contract and paying $180 for the phone.

Of course, if T-Mobile changes the pricing for T-Mobile Plus then that will suck. But it should only go down with the stiff competition from ATT and Verizon.

Won't be getting the new iPhone, but still excited to see what cool new features it will have.

No keyboard = no care.

I have my 3GS in hand right now...great phone but I need tactile response and all those apps in the app store are a joke. Like 5% of them are useful.

A 1GHz Android or next generation Maemo device is looking real good right about now.

Apple is slacking.

Originally Posted by JUS3

just saw a video of the n900 running mac os x 10.3
eek.gif
laugh.gif

BEAST of a phone.
I just saw the video after seeing this comment.
It's cool and all, but it's slower than molasses which makes it pretty useless and pointless.

Via mobile.engadget.com

720p HD video recording coming to the new iPhone?

n89codename.jpg

The silly little sensor in the latest-gen iPod nano might have you thinking that high-quality video recording isn't anywhere on Apple's radar, but if you look in the smartphone space, HD video is shaping up to be the next gotta-have-it feature among the world's most buzzworthy handsets -- and sure enough, we're getting some hints here that it'll be on board the next iPhone. Remember that mysterious "N89" device in the iPhone OS 3.2 SDK? We've been tipped off that a gander at the MediaValidator.plist file reveals a few telling stats: the maximum video width is up from 768 pixels to 1280, and the maximum number of pixels per frame is up to 921,600, which just happens to work out to 1280 x 720. The device's AVC profile has been bumped from 3.0 to 3.1, too, which adds in support for 720p -- so yeah, all the signs are there, and industry trends pretty much require that we expect it at this point.

On a related note, DigiTimes notes that ASUS spin-off Pegatron has allegedly been picked up as an OEM for the N89 (or whatever the new iPhone's internal code happens to be) -- but it won't be alone. The indication seems to be that Foxconn will continue churning out phones for Cupertino, too, perhaps a sign that these guys are expecting the need for more capacity than the old OEM alone can deliver, or that there could be multiple generations in the retail channel (a la 3G / 3GS) at the same time. Given Apple's typical iPhone cycle, it could be a few months before we know for certain -- so go ahead and take your sweet time speculating on this round.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by CWrite78

and then jobs has the nerve to call Adobe lazy. 3 years, same design and minor spec bumps and idiots eat it all up.
he did that?
grin.gif
No sir.

Let's review,
OG iPhone: no MMS, no 3G, no video recording
iPhone 3G: no MMS, 3G, no video recording
iPhone 3GS, no MMS (iono if it has MMS now, though), 3G, video recording
Seriously, Apple?
indifferent.gif

Don't even bring up jailbreaking into the discussion, because if you need to jailbreak a phone to get MMS and video recoding, that's just sad.
dont state facts if your facts are wrong. i have a 3g, it is NOT jailbroken, i have MMS.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

No keyboard = no care.

Ihave my 3GS in hand right now...great phone but I need tactile responseand all those apps in the app store are a joke. Like 5% of them areuseful.
indifferent.gif

Some of you really amaze me. The quote has a lot of truth to it "if it's not broke, why fix it". This is pertaining to the Iphone. With every new iphone that comes out, there is always a huge buzz about them and people go out no matter how minor the changes are. The fact is people these days are so obsessed with technology, that everyone has to have the newest things at all times. Even if the iphone came out with the same features but in yellow, green, red people would still be running to stores to get them because they are new.

Now talking about Steve Jobs. He is a business man, a smart one at that. Put yourself into his shoes and think what you would do?
If he can make small minor upgrades and release phones as new and make tons of profit then why not?

If he was to make the first iphone with everything included 3gs, mms, video, bla bla then what next? Then he would have to be thinking about the next greatest idea in a short period of time if that makes any sense. He would have to come up with new technologies to make the newer Iphone that much greater.

Instead he releases an xxx number of "new" iphones with very minor changes, buying him time to work on his next whatever project that may be. If he was putting out his first projects with everything included he wouldn't have much items to sell.

From a business perspective what Steve Jobs is doing makes perfect sense. Afterall cars don't come with only the best packages. They make you pay for every single little thing; heated seats, navigation, sunroof, leather, sports packages.. And thats essentially what Steve Jobs is doing, so you can hate it or love it

Originally Posted by I CANT PASS

holdenmichael wrote:

I prefer Windows Mobile as my OS, but it seems to me that many people prefer the iPhone's.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

IMO

iPhone OS > Android (android is a close 2nd, but there are bugs) >>> blackberry >>>>>> WinMo

Back
Top Bottom