RoboCop (Movie Thread) FEB 7, 2014 - Trailer pg 5

Someone post differences in versions. I seen the OG and it was violent enough what did the uncut consist of?

the first time I watched Robocop I was like 9 years old and the Murphy death scene literally had me so light headed that my grandparents had to come pick me up from my friend's house because I threw up

I remember it like yesterday; they thought I was coming down with something because I didn't want to tell them I was watching Robocop :lol:

the first time I watched Robocop I was like 9 years old and the Murphy death scene literally had me so light headed that my grandparents had to come pick me up from my friend's house because I threw up
I remember it like yesterday; they thought I was coming down with something because I didn't want to tell them I was watching Robocop :lol:
:lol: i remember being a young'n and seeing it too. I can't recall which movie but i remember seeing some acid scene. I was hella shook from it probably why I remember robocop till this day for its violence

I remember it like yesterday; they thought I was coming down with something because I didn't want to tell them I was watching Robocop
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i remember being a young'n and seeing it too. I can't recall which movie but i remember seeing some acid scene. I was hella shook from it probably why I remember robocop till this day for its violence
Yeah, same for me.  It didn't make me sick to my stomach or anything, but that "go give the man a hand, bahahaha" scene definitely left it's mark, especially when you're a kid. 

Incidentally, that "toxic waste/acid" scene didn't make me that sick... I guess cuz it was just so bizarre!

But anyway, the director's cut extends the "Murphy death" scene. We get to see him shot-up a lot more and in more detail.  Of course, there were other extended-violent-scenes as well. 

"I'd buy that for a dollar" :lol: repped Classic

The new one will probably concentrate more on a drama/action adventure tip rather than the pure violent, kill em all, more guns per scene tip typical of movies in the 80s n 90s

Last edited:

To this day I avoid watching that movie.
I remember I was a kid and being mortified. I cant even imagine the directors cut...

Son... Murphy's screaming led me to believe that this wasnt scripted and some sick experiment.
:lol:

Brb about to look for it

Someone post differences in versions. I seen the OG and it was violent enough what did the uncut consist of?

If I remember right the difference is REALLY subtle, here's a list of the differences according to IMDB

[quote name="IMDB"]The most extensively cut sequences involves the murder of Peter Weller's character, Murphy. The director's cut is almost a full minute longer. It shows Murphy's arm being shot off (cut completely from the R-rated version), more elaborate shots of Murphy writhing in pain as the thugs shoot him, and includes an elaborate tracking shot that shows the back of his head exploding into the camera when he is finally shot by Clarence Boddicker. This shot is especially missed because it made use of a fully-mechanical prosthetic Murphy built by make-up special effect artist Rob Bottin. The unrated director's cut also includes a longer shot of Murphy's hand being shot off and the camera lingering on his reaction and his stump.

The unrated Director's Cut has an alternate shot of Boddicker's reaction to Robocop stabbing him in the throat, before he falls down into the water. The new shot is taken more up-close and shows the blood more prominently spraying from his wound.

One difference between the R-rated and unrated versions occurs when Lewis and Murphy chase Clarence's gang in the van. In the R-rated version, when Murphy shoots Bobby in the leg, you witness it as though you were looking through Murphy's eyes. However, in the unrated version, the camera zooms in on the area of of Bobby's leg being shot and graphically details the impact of each bullet.

The first cuts appear in the scene where ED-209 goes beserk during the business meeting and shoots one of the young executives. The director's cut last several seconds longer. After the third close-up of ED shooting, there is a quick shot of more blood spilling out of the man and holes being riddled in him just before he is blown onto the model. There is then a couple seconds of footage showing a worker trying to rip the circuit out of the switchboard. The guy is then showed graphically being riddled with even more holes on top of the model. The scene played out in this manner achieves almost ludicrous comic effect.[/quote]

the first time I watched Robocop I was like 9 years old and the Murphy death scene literally had me so light headed that my grandparents had to come pick me up from my friend's house because I threw up.

:rofl: That scene was definitely brutal as hell.

:pimp: It made the revenge that much sweeter for me though.

I imagine it will be in Detroit as well, crazy that Detroit is in even worst shape than it was when the original was filmed.

I'm the only one who remembers this...

I remember TBS running the hell out of robocop2 commercials that summer, I had a tape of Tron and King Kong that they aired that summer with the robocop 2 ad about 6 times over 4 hours.

YO, how did I miss this thread?!
All last year I was saying how dope it
would be if they remade Robocop in a
dark, gritty fashion along all these new
remakes. Glad somebody was listening.

Wish the suit was silver, but Im on board.

YO, how did I miss this thread?!
All last year I was saying how dope it
would be if they remade Robocop in a
dark, gritty fashion along all these new
remakes. Glad somebody was listening.

Wish the suit was silver, but Im on board.

I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as dark and gritty as the original.

Back
Top Bottom