RoboCop (Movie Thread) FEB 7, 2014 - Trailer pg 5

Looks cool.  Will see it opening day or at midnight.  Nothing will ever be better than the original though.  

They better release an unrated directors cut on bluray with blood and gore.

To people who play MGS, does this remind you of Raiden/Gray Fox type madness...
Probably just wait until its on redbox...
And I guess Sam Jackson is head of OCP

I really wanna like this movie, so I'll give it a chance... but I just don't know... it might end up being a big, bloody mess! 
laugh.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed! 

i-d-buy-that-for-a-dollar-o.gif

My dude Samuel L. Jackson has never received a script/story he didn't like...:lol:

I aint mad though, get that money brotha man...:lol:

So from the pics and trailer...I'm assuming he gets a suit similar to OG movie, and then they upgrade him? Still doesn't feel the same for me. But if it's like Dredd remake and not total recall remake, I'm on board.

just looked at the trailer, man his car gets blown up and thats how they use him to be robocop? I like the original story better murphy getting shot by clareance boddicker and his crew haha

So from the pics and trailer...I'm assuming he gets a suit similar to OG movie, and then they upgrade him? Still doesn't feel the same for me. But if it's like Dredd remake and not total recall remake, I'm on board.

Yeah. I liked Dredd with Karl Urban. I need to buy the Blu-ray.

It looks like a PG-13 reboot, but I still have hope. I just want to see a new RoboCop with better effects and modern costume design.

Sadly it reminds me of the Total Recall remake. Taking a campy 80's/early 90's movie and making it more serious while simultaneously changing key points of the story

one thing I just thought about while watching the trailer.  They're in the year 2028, no one thought about using a mini-EMP?  That's all it takes to shut him down.

The cast is solid. Not sure if it's worth theater money though. Definitely looks like a PG-13 re-boot.

Changing the origin story to a weak car bomb? :smh: :x

I'm willing to bet a dollr that the car bomb was planted by OCP..

Wen I first saw the trailer, I honestly thought it was a fan made trailer

Should have just stole various plot points from the first 2 movies that are still extremely relevant today:

- Keep the origin story to what it was.. Then have the issues of he regaining his memories (so the family stuff.. And also the key aspect of his partner)

- blatantly corrupt company and politicians.. Then you have the city going bankrupt and OCP stepping in

- then they can go with the demolition man route, where you have people committing crimes out of desperation/necessity.. So not all the criminals are really criminals and the saviors aren't that clean

Yo is that my dude HOLDER!? :wow:
Crazy to see him get a look like this after The Killing.

That alone makes me wanna watch, dude is pure lulz.

I dont know why you guys complain so much. The movie looks entertaining. Who cares of some plot points are off, and this looks off and that looks off.
It looks entertaining. Thats all a movie like this should be.

You guys really expect Oscar Winning story telling in a ROBOCOP film? cmon man.
Grab some pop corn and enjoy. I will be watching :smokin

People are complaining because it feels a lot like Total Recall which was not entertaining and inferior to the original in every way. Part of what made these movies what they were, was the over the top nature.

People are complaining because it feels a lot like Total Recall which was not entertaining and inferior to the original in every way. Part of what made these movies what they were, was the over the top nature.

Yeah but the difference is Total Recall the remake looked like straight trash from the start. No part of that trailer made me wanna see it. Not even Jessica Biel made it appealing.

This actually looks like an entertaining movie.
Not a movie that will win screenplay awards. But an entertaining one.

I understand Hollywood has been over doing the reboots and remakes, I agree with that. They have lose their creativity and are relyin on nostalgia for sales. I don't dispute that, I think it's stupid too.

But at the same time, if they've made the movie, and its right there at my local theater to be seen, and it looks entertaining....why not? Me protesting reboots and not going isn't going to change anything. Might as well enjoy 2 hours of entertainment with a movie that looks like will have a lot of action and a lot of lulz.

That's all I'm saying.
It doesn't look like a 95% RT rated movie. Just looks like a guilty pleasure type of flick.
Definitely looks a lot more promising than Total Recall the remake did.

mane that Total Recall sucked, had to go back and watch the OG after that bs...Hope Robo Cop doesn't stray too far from the original movie

Ya want the OG, GO WATCH THE OG!...love my dude Robocop as a kid...one of my favorites, of only they had kept his death the same I'd be content...but whatever is a fresh new movie and a new Robocop...the cast is solid, off that alone I think it'll do great...Keaton playing bad guy?...intradesting

The action scenes in the Total Recall trailers made it look interesting and I couldn't tell they were sucking the humor out of the movie.

This looks similar but at least the cast is better. I don't mind reboots but don't change critical parts of the story for the worse

And I'm not saying the movie will suck just don't know if it's theater worthy

So does he have a Robodick or is his wife getting ****olded?

I hope that's addressed at some point in the movie.

Last edited:
i don't really enjoy the origin story. the original robocop's origin is what made me dive into the movie

Back
Top Bottom