RoboCop (Movie Thread) FEB 7, 2014 - Trailer pg 5

Maybe to make him more human? His face is still human so this new adaptation might have more parts of him being human (flesh & bone).
I'm also hearing that he will go through different variations of the armor through the film. I guess they are biting a bit off of IronMan to capitalize on it's popularity?

It just looks a little weird. But yeah, I did read somewhere that he'd be suiting up different versions of the armor and might even don the old one as well. I also find it weird that now we're kinda force in using the word armor :smh:

People complaining about remakes should realize Hollywood has been remaking movies FOREVER. Movies from the 30s were re-released in color later in the 50s and 60s, or completely remade with a new cast. 

And it's not as if studios make sequels and remakes/reboots just for kicks.. THEY SELL TICKETS. Don't like it? Don't see them and support independent movies or watch lesser hyped and marketed movies that come out all the time. 

This.

I can't even remember the last time I have been to the movies.

Saw the original robocop when I was a kid and remember nothing about it :lol: Was it really as violent as people are saying in this post?? I must have been like 5 or 6 when I saw it, so my memory is a lil off. Anyways, this new one is probably going to be garbage, looks like a bootleg Batman.

The theater R-rated cut was kinda violent.  The director's cut very violent... Murphy's arm-blowing-off scene and ED-209's malfunction in the boardroom scene in particular.  

The theater R-rated cut was kinda violent.  The director's cut very violent... Murphy's arm-blowing-off scene and ED-209's malfunction in the boardroom scene in particular.  

Are those available on the dvd or are they blu-ray only?

It was bound to happen.

Why is the new suit so irrelevant though? :x

I need a acting career like Sam.

Last edited:
This.
I can't even remember the last time I have been to the movies.
Saw the original robocop when I was a kid and remember nothing about it :lol: Was it really as violent as people are saying in this post?? I must have been like 5 or 6 when I saw it, so my memory is a lil off. Anyways, this new one is probably going to be garbage, looks like a bootleg Batman.

The Criterion version (uncut) would have been NC-17 if it released in theaters. Murphy's murder scene is really tough to watch, honestly.

Here's what we've all benn waiting for:

Link: 

Not sure if video was working.

Last edited:
Everytime I see the picture of his hand visible all I can think is of the scene when they're working on Robocop in the first one and Bob Morton comes in and says

"I thought we agreed on total body prosthesis, now lose the arm okay!"

I made a joke about how the original robocop cannot be re-made, I guess I was wrong. WTH is this? Robocop 1 is one of the best movies ever made, it was raw and very violent. One of my early memories as a kid was my dad walking in on me watching it and telling me to turn it off cause it was so violent:lol:

Personally, I think it looks rather slick especially once they add more red light piping (I'm just assuming). Gun is pretty :smokin though
jmgc7.jpg

GudP6.jpg

if i remember correctly, they promoted that the original 1987 robocop was gonna receive an X rating due to violence
so they trimmed in down considerably to get the R rating

the original relied on good ol shock value

so yes, pg-13 would ruin it

and i think the new robocop looks stupid, why the suit gotta look like muscle definition
dude doesn't need to show off, he's a cyborg

Back
Top Bottom