RoboCop (Movie Thread) FEB 7, 2014 - Trailer pg 5

Man I love robocop, but ya'll gon act like the **** wasn't ridiculously corny anyways?
It was especially the gang of children, but most 80s movies were and it worked for them. They'll remove the campy spirit of the OG flick like they did Total Recall which happened to be one of the worst movies of the year and up until it released internationally was a box office flop.

It was especially the gang of children, but most 80s movies were and it worked for them. They'll remove the campy spirit of the OG flick like they did Total Recall which happened to be one of the worst movies of the year and up until it released internationally was a box office flop.

They don't understand that the camp makes the movie. oh well. I still have the dvd

body suit kinda lookin like iron mans..helmet looks aite though. need more pics and trailer.

Last edited:
bruh I remember watching Robocop as a kid, and then a few yrs ago re watched the OG and couldnt believe how brutal it was, cant believe my parents let me watch it.

Same here. I re watched maybe several years ago after the Family Guy skit. Good lord I was an adult but it still had me like :wow:

Straight violent. His yelling added to the scene too.

for as long as people have been bashing remakes, theyve been blockbusters at the box office. its a love hate thing. hollywood sees and knows that.

but anyways looking forward to this.

damn sting and robocop??? it was great being a kid those days

yoooo those robotic sound effects as he moved lived with me for yearrrrrsssss.....absolutely loved the OG and RC2....cant believe its gonna be PG13 goes to show how greedy Hollywood is, if this was rated R it would compromise some ticket sales, but it would be sooooooo bad ***.

I hope he still drives a Taurus.

Interesting fact about the Taurus being used in the original...

The 1986 Ford Taurus was used as the police cruiser in the movie, due to its then-futuristic design.
One of the Taurus's competitors at the time, the Pontiac 6000, is parodied in the movie as the "6000 SUX".[citation needed] The 6000 SUX itself was based on a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with extensive bodywork. Commercials advertise the SUX as "an American tradition" with a fuel efficiency of 8.2 miles per gallon. In early production, it was to be powered by jet turbines; the exhaust of the turbine is still visible above the rear license plate of Clarence Boddicker's SUX in chase scenes. The 6000 SUX was designed by Gene Winfield of Winfield Rod & Custom, while Chiodo Brothers Productions fabricated and animated the dinosaur puppet in the 6000 SUX commercial. The dinosaur itself was animated by Don Waller, who also had a cameo in the same sequence, reacting to the rampaging creature in a tight close-up.[15]
The newly released Merkur XR4Ti makes a cameo appearance as an executive vehicle when RoboCop is delivered to the precinct.
As of June 2010, RoboCop's Taurus is on display at the Branson Auto Museum in Branson, Missouri.

PG-13 Robocop is going to suck.

The best part of Robocop was the violence. Imagine that scene breaking into that drug lab and lighting those fools up without showing the blood.

Last edited:
If they kept everything exactly the same, that would only bring more complaints about how unoriginal it is.

If the purpose of a remake or reboot is to reintroduce a character to a new audience, update a movie for modern times, or bring a new spin on an existing character, then making changes is part of the process.

People are assuming this is the final look. They could be adding armor on top of the black suit. I'll wait until the trailer comes out.

You're right. I think this is an official poster and it looks like more color will be added to it.

rvy42w.jpg

would definitely wait for the trailer... but that BTS pic makes the costume look like a cross between AVX Cyclops/Master Chief.

I was just gonna say this movie is going to be trash until I saw who was going to be in the cast :smokin

Back
Top Bottom