Rivals NFL 2008 1st/2nd Round Mock Draft

Long to the Raiders
smokin.gif

I hope he doesn't end up like Robert Gallery. Ugh

I am liking the second mock draft better. my lions are not going to get another QB(although woodson would be a decent pick here) and another RB. O-line and CBonly!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dfresh244

*that's not my extreme hate for U of A talking, he just is not a top flight corner and the combine will tell us that
wink.gif
I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not but how would the combine show that he isn't a top flight corner? Because he may run a 4.45 instead of a 4.3? I would think that maybe his play on the field and winning the Thorpe award as the nation's best DB may have shown otherwise...

Now, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but a Thorpe award is nothing but a college award, it is no indication of a player'spro/drafting standing... And he's not cracking a 4.45, more like a 4.6.

Dfresh checking in on my boys computer...

who wants to make a friendly wager cason runs better a 4.55?

2. New England (from San Francisco (3-10)) The Pick: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas*
The Buzz: Patriots strike it rich and get the premier feature back and best player in this class.

OH HELL NAW
mad.gif

And there is no way in hell the Bengals take another running back or wide out this year.We need to solve our o-line problems and the defense
tired.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

Because he may run a 4.45
more like 4.55-4.6

Its not like he is just kinda slow he is Daymieon Hughes slow
laugh.gif
Cover 2 here he comes

This dude
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm almost 99% sure that you've probably seen Cason play 3...4 times most...and one of those times was DEFINITELY the Oregon game...and you saw theman put in WORK
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll take a bet with ANYONE on this board for ANY amount that he runs a sub 4.55 at the combine, no question.....some of you guys are just
sick.gif
idiotic

EDIT - I know why you guys think this, cause u saw Gunna say that Cason was slow in his first mock draft post
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

i don't know if the pats will keep a high pick like that....if nobody can stop their pass offence this year....then why would they need to run the ball?they haven't needed it yet this year... and may never need it. i think they trade down, pick some defensive guys since their D is getting old, save moneyfor resigning moss and assante....

Hey now . . . that first mock is crazy. Slaton is something like 50 spots ahead of Felix Jones and Stewart
laugh.gif
Mendenhall looks a little overrated there too ..

what's more funny is.."With the 2nd pick of the 2008 NFL Draft..the New England Patriots select..."

laugh.gif
frown.gif

Whoever wrote the first draft obviously doesn't know anything about the Broncos team.

Early Doucet and some CB? Those are probably some of the Broncos strong points.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

i don't know if the pats will keep a high pick like that....if nobody can stop their pass offence this year....then why would they need to run the ball? they haven't needed it yet this year... and may never need it. i think they trade down, pick some defensive guys since their D is getting old, save money for resigning moss and assante....
God i hope you're right. I need the Raiders to get McFadden. Seriously.

McFadden would look great as a Raider. Fargas is good but anytime u can add someone like that u gotta do it. If that happens =
eek.gif

but whoever NE trades that pick to, i'm sure they're highly likely to be using it on him-but not necessarily of course

jake long to the raiders is a good draft choice.

mcfadden is not going to a be a raider because teams are stupid if they let him slip to 4th pick. to add on, fargas isn't even that bad of a back. he getsthe job done at least. the only thing i'm in favor for is jake long going to the raiders. best o-line player in the draft. it just so happens the raidersneed a better o-line.

EDIT - I know why you guys think this, cause u saw Gunna say that Cason was slow in his first mock draft post
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

I actually base what I say off of what I see believe it or not. I havent watched him play as much as I want to but I still dont think he is fast.

If he runs under a 4.5 I would be suprised. Not saying it cant happen but we will see.

He can definetly play and so could Hughes. I aint knocking his playmaking ability.

^ then what are you talking about "what you see believe it or not" ?

When have you seen Cason on the field lookin like he's running slower than any other db? It's all about that football speed... The man makes plays andis just
sick.gif
toooooo nice, if someone gets him late 1st/early 2nd then itsan absolute STEAL....if the Pats trade down look for them to go aftrer him
eek.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

^ then what are you talking about "what you see believe it or not" ?

When have you seen Cason on the field lookin like he's running slower than any other db? It's all about that football speed... The man makes plays and is just
sick.gif
toooooo nice, if someone gets him late 1st/early 2nd then its an absolute STEAL....if the Pats trade down look for them to go aftrer him
eek.gif
nerd.gif
Dude is a great football player, Never said he wasnt. but when it comes to speed thats not his thing. Ive seen him looking plenty slow. Its hardto see a top ten pick for a CB who just isnt playing super fast. thats the nature of the beast. there are plenty of great non 4.4 CBs, u just dont see themdrafted that high in the 1st round. Pats trade down to get a CB? nahhh

some of you guys are just
sick.gif
idiotic
Yep... because I don't agree with you... I'm idiotic. Makes sense to me
ohwell.gif

I've watched plenty of football, and living in AZ unfortunately I've had to watch plenty of your team. I do think Cason is good and he has anincredible knack for the ball, i just stated that his lack of ridiculous speed will hurt his draft position... as it does to every player who doesn't runwell in the 40.

Don't compare Tonie Cason to Daymeion Hughes....Dude didn't even register on the vertical leap test....
laugh.gif

Watch Cason shock the world and bust a 4.49

He might have a Leon Hall type Workout....but anyway

B. Flowers > Cason

Kenny Phillips to the panthers would be a good look....

If the pats get either Long or McFadden....
sick.gif

Aye Gunna, what's the chances of your boy staying in NE....I think thats a good look for him, b/c of the system they play and how he seems to play....Butonly if the money is right....

Don't compare Tonie Cason to Daymeion Hughes....Dude didn't even register on the vertical leap test....
laugh.gif

Son I feel outta my chair when that happened. Dude tried to act like he was hurt I would to.

Nah I know he isnt Hughes status Hughes ran in the mid 4.6 im calling 4.5's for Cason. If shocking the world is running a 4.49 you know your*$%* aint fast
laugh.gif
. Calvin Johnson running a 4.35 was shocking the world. The comparisonholds weight when you factor in playmaking ability with less than elite speed. No knock on Cason he just aint a burner and burners make that money on draftday.

Aye Gunna, what's the chances of your boy staying in NE....I think thats a good look for him, b/c of the system they play and how he seems to play....But only if the money is right....
$$$$$$

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Aye Gunna, what's the chances of your boy staying in NE....I think thats a good look for him, b/c of the system they play and how he seems to play....But only if the money is right....
$$$$$$

We'll I guess he will be elsewhere next season....

Back
Top Bottom