Rivals NFL 2008 1st/2nd Round Mock Draft

I don't know man.....They Gave Adalius a big contract....

And I know w/ their Safety situation, they don't wanna be stuck w/ Ellis Hobbs and Randall Gay as their starting CB's????

I think they should pony up and pay the kid....I mean, they hardly even throw to his side, and he's usually playing Zone.....

Dude's instincts are unreal sometimes....

I don't know how the Pats value him, but the Boston media really doesn't view him as that big of an impact. At least to them, he can be replaced, andthey don't expect him to be back

The Pats need help at ILB and DB real bad....I dont even want D-Mac...I say trade the pick to the Cowboys for Marion Barber and their first rounder, and grab aLB or DB

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I don't know how the Pats value him, but the Boston media really doesn't view him as that big of an impact. At least to them, he can be replaced, and they don't expect him to be back

Yeah, thats prolly cause they have succeeded w/ plugging in people when others have left....
But I mean really.....They have two suspects Safety's(Coverage-wise)...and old HGH Harrison don't have but so long left....

Ellis Hobbs is OK, But do you really want to have an OK as your #1 corner ???

I dunno, I dont think they should break the bank for any player, but they should make an offer that is respectable to both sides....

However, dude might just bolt anyway...he got his ring (s)

^^^^ Hoooow abooout NO scott ... aint no way we are trading barber ... you have a better chance at just getting our two first rounders ... I would glady giveup our two firsts for mcfadden now that I think about it more and more ... barber and mcfadden would prolly be the best one two punch in the league ... we areapparently banking on the development of this ball character at corner but i dunno

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

^^^^ Hoooow abooout NO scott ... aint no way we are trading barber ... you have a better chance at just getting our two first rounders ... I would glady give up our two firsts for mcfadden now that I think about it more and more ... barber and mcfadden would prolly be the best one two punch in the league ... we are apparently banking on the development of this ball character at corner but i dunno

laugh.gif
Hey if I was a Cowboy fan, I would feel the same way as you...butJerry Jones sweats D-Mac wicked bad. I heard one of the ESPN analyst says that Jones would def. consider making this move...but that it would take somethingelse from our side to get it done. I don't know...I would love seeing Barber rock a NE jersey next season.

But I mean really.....They have two suspects Safety's (Coverage-wise)...and old HGH Harrison don't have but so long left....
You forgetting they got Brandon Meriweather waiting in the wings the Pats are stacked like no tommorow.

Originally Posted by theone2401

But I mean really.....They have two suspects Safety's (Coverage-wise)...and old HGH Harrison don't have but so long left....
You forgetting they got Brandon Meriweather waiting in the wings the Pats are stacked like no tommorow.

I know they have BM but they are playing him at Dime back and ST....BM is NOT gonna make his bread in the league at CB, he's a FS....
Me, I wouldhave been playing BM at FS all year.....He may not have been a starter, but he would have got some valuable time .....

BM should be good and all...but we need some cover corners. We're going to lose Samuel...and Hobbs is getting beat like a mule. Gay is a decent nickelbackat best.

Inside linebacker is another major need for us.

dude is suspect in the limited time i seen him but as stated above hes prolly out of position ...
Hey if I was a Cowboy fan, I would feel the same way as you...but Jerry Jones sweats D-Mac wicked bad. I heard one of the ESPN analyst says that Jones would def. consider making this move...but that it would take something else from our side to get it done. I don't know...I would love seeing Barber rock a NE jersey next season.

Maaaaaaan i dont even know ... I know jerry sees the crowd get hype when barber stiff rapes those defenders and that brings in money ... I dontthink he will do it lol ... i hope he doesnt do it lol ... please dont do it

Hey now . . . that first mock is crazy. Slaton is something like 50 spots ahead of Felix Jones and Stewart Mendenhall looks a little overrated there too . .

Yeah....weird....Stewart is the best RB behind McFadden (or near same level).

And either way you slice it...the Patriots are going to get a really, really good player at #2...Most likely McFadden because the Dolphins have Ronnie Brownalready, making McFadden the likely pick.

I know they have BM but they are playing him at Dime back and ST....BM is NOT gonna make his bread in the league at CB, he's a FS....
Thats why i quoted your statement when you were talking about safeties because if the Pats dont ultimately make him their FS of the future theymight as well have never drafted him.

It is not uncommon for a backup safety to play Dimeback. In fact this is what I expected his role to be his rookie season. Second string saftey>4th or 5thcorner alot of the times.

dude is suspect in the limited time i seen him but as stated above hes prolly out of position ...
He is also a rookie i mean most rookie defensive backs arent world beaters as rookies. Im not saying he is going to be an all pro but as far asthe Patriots roster is concerned he has the most potential in the safety department.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Thats why i quoted your statement when you were talking about safeties because if the Pats dont ultimately make him their FS of the future they might as well have never drafted him.

It is not uncommon for a backup safety to play Dimeback. In fact this is what I expected his role to be his rookie season. Second string saftey>4th or 5th corner alot of the times.

He is also a rookie i mean most rookie defensive backs arent world beaters as rookies. Im not saying he is going to be an all pro but as far as the Patriots roster is concerned he has the most potential in the safety department.

Word....We are on the same plane...Hopefully the boy gets some burn next year

Back
Top Bottom