Rise of the Planet of the Apes ... srsly [official trailer out]

Ye, I'm not seeing the racism angle? Please elaborate on the last one with specific examples.....

Ye, I'm not seeing the racism angle? Please elaborate on the last one with specific examples.....

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I'm not sure if an "origin" story for this franchise is such a good idea. The final act of the film should be interesting though. An all out war that leaves the apes taking over the U.S.? I'd download.

Pretty much.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I'm not sure if an "origin" story for this franchise is such a good idea. The final act of the film should be interesting though. An all out war that leaves the apes taking over the U.S.? I'd download.

Pretty much.

Looking forward to this. The ape at 1:04 I believe looked exactly like King Kong though
laugh.gif

It's pretty obvious most who have commented haven't seen the entire original series. This concept is pretty well-devised considering how botched some of the later movies were. And the dude who directed The Escapist is behind this. It will be good, or at the very least it will be better than that hack Burton's remake. 

It's pretty obvious most who have commented haven't seen the entire original series. This concept is pretty well-devised considering how botched some of the later movies were. And the dude who directed The Escapist is behind this. It will be good, or at the very least it will be better than that hack Burton's remake. 

I dont get it tho. I thought Planet of the Apes took place on another planet. hence why its called Planet of the Apes??
laugh.gif

I dont get it tho. I thought Planet of the Apes took place on another planet. hence why its called Planet of the Apes??
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Wonder if this one will be as racist as the last.

Please tell me how the last one was racist? because Michael Clark Duncan a black man dressed up as an ape? What about the other actors who did the same thing?  Ya'll are trying toooo hard and I'm always calling out racist stuff.  These type of comments make it hard to get people to listen when you actually have a valid point.

i also would like to know what made it so racist.  maybe i was too young when the 2001 version came out to actually pick up on it, but can someone please explain?

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Wonder if this one will be as racist as the last.

Please tell me how the last one was racist? because Michael Clark Duncan a black man dressed up as an ape? What about the other actors who did the same thing?  Ya'll are trying toooo hard and I'm always calling out racist stuff.  These type of comments make it hard to get people to listen when you actually have a valid point.

i also would like to know what made it so racist.  maybe i was too young when the 2001 version came out to actually pick up on it, but can someone please explain?

Back
Top Bottom