RIP Nipsey Hussle

Thread has really made me more aware how much Nip will be missed. Why? Simply put, because he was still in the streets and people in the streets don't really wanna hear **** from you if you're not IN the streets. When people in the thread say "You have to make better choices" the response is "are you black" "where you from" "it's different here". Nip could say it because he is black, he's from there, he was trying to SHOW it could be different by sitting down with a enemy. Implementing programs for people to have choices in their lives. Thread and various comments have made me acknowledge the loss that's occurred. Not for nothing I'd rather believe there was a conspiracy than he was murdered for trying to make peace with an enemy by his own..

Do not let these devils come in and force a refocus upon what is not important. See yourselves as what you are, Black. You are here when the world was created, and you will be here long after the enemies are gone. Time is up for them, and the earth is rising up. Nip knew what time it was, if he didn't he would have gone Hollywood. Hollywood is a facade, and if you don't be careful, you'll get swallowed into a false sense of being, like you are protected. You see the foolishness and buffoonery of many people who try and serve two masters, but Nip decided to go the other route. Yeah, he is gone, but the table is set. The next cat can take it further. After the smoke clears, do not lose focus. Black people are under attack, and complacency is dangerous. See the enemy and all of his tools and the main tool is deception. Trump is not your friend, nor is the government. Stay on top of your game, and see the forest through the trees.

Last edited:
Do not let these devils come in and force a refocus upon what is not important. See yourselves as what you are, Black. You are here when the world was created, and you will be here long after the enemies are gone. Time is up for them, and the earth is rising up. Nip knew what time it was, if he didn't he would have gone Hollywood. Hollywood is a facade, and if you don't be careful, you'll get swallowed into a false sense of being, like you are protected. You see the foolishness and buffoonery of many people who try and serve two masters, but Nip decided to go the other route. Yeah, he is gone, but the table is set. The next cat can take i further. After the smoke clears, do not lose focus. Black people are under attack, and complacency is dangerous. See the enemy and all of his tools and the main tool is deception. Trump is not your friend, nor is the government. Stay on top of your game, and see the forest through the trees.

hmm...

Hussle’s entrepreneurial vision extended even beyond South L.A. Gross said he had set his sights on creating a private equity real estate fund using Opportunity Zone tax incentives, created as part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 to encourage long-term investment in low-income urban areas

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-nipsey-hussle-south-la-20190402-story.html

RIP Nip.

54732432_2213692655557619_6771521135787262223_n.jpg

Nipsey Hussle’s brother found him dying. These are his final moments

BBVDh7Q.img

The caller on the other end of Samiel Asghedom’s phone was panicked but clear. His younger brother — known to the world as rapper Nipsey Hussle, but to Samiel as just Nips — had been shot.

It was Sunday afternoon — hours before hundreds of mourners would descend on South Los Angeles to remember a man known as much for his boastful music as for his humble contributions to his community. And days before a man named Eric Holder would be charged with murder.

Samiel jumped into his car parked outside of his grandmother’s house. He ignored the red lights as he raced down Slauson Avenue — the South Los Angeles street that he and Nips were working to uplift. He arrived at the Marathon Clothing store precious minutes after a gunman fired multiple rounds into Nips, but before the paramedics pulled up. The time when life can precariously slip into death.

BBVDh7D.img

Blood stained the front of his brother’s shirt and a hole marked where a bullet entered his leg.

There’s no reason for him to still be breathing,
Samiel thought.

But Nips was. Air rushed in and out of his nose — strong and loud.

Growing up in turf claimed by the Rollin’ 60s Crips gang, Samiel had seen death up close. Bullets, when they hit their target in the chest like the ones that hit Nips, were cruel and quick.

He’s meant to be alive, Samiel thought.

On Wednesday, Samiel recounted his brother’s final moments to The Times. He says he is haunted most by the way the shooting happened.

They were best friends. He was by Nipsey’s side when he was selling T-shirts and CDs from his car as a teenager, there when he opened a clothing store in the strip mall where they use to hang in the parking lot, and there when he signed a record deal with a major label. Last Sunday was no exception.

Police say Nips, born Ermias Asghedom, was gunned down by Holder, a 29-year-old aspiring rapper. Video from a nearby security camera captured the brazen attack, which occurred in broad daylight. Footage has been circulating on social media. What it doesn’t show is Holder talking to Nips a few minutes earlier.

Holder was a familiar face in South L.A. Pictures on social media show him wearing the Crips-blue bandannas, but in recent years, he seems to have vanished.

He re-emerged at the Marathon Clothing store on Sunday. The two men talked, shook hands and Holder left.

Nips would pop up in and out of his store without notice, his brother and others said. Samiel worried about his safety, and urged him to stop hanging in the parking lot and come inside. Nips had a bodyguard, but he moved freely through his neighborhood and those of rival gangs without worry.

“Nip is sporadic,” Samiel said. “Nip gonna pull up and hop up out of the Jordan Downs projects, Nickerson Gardens, in any ‘hood in L.A., Compton, Watts — solo with $150,000 of jewelry on his neck and [an] $80,000 Rolex with no security. That’s why the people loved him.”

He straddled many worlds with ease. His cool demeanor and regular appearances at the store made him relatable.

Nips built his reputation in the street, saying in a 2014 interview with the YouTube channel Vlad TV that he had joined the Rollin’ 60s as a teenager. But over the years, he grew his street hustle into legitimate businesses, connecting with the larger community of Los Angeles and the world, including some cops and politicians His music echoed his environment, but it also spread his message of entrepreneurship and the importance of planning for long-term success.

Samiel hushed the crowd that had formed around his brother. Nips laid on his back with his head tilted to the side.

The 911 operator told him what to do. Samiel found the hard, flat spot on his brother’s chest, clasped his hands together and pushed forcibly down, hard, to keep Nips breathing.

“1, 2, 3, 4.”

When the 911 operator reached 20, the wail of an ambulance’s siren filled the air around the strip mall — a place the brothers said they had been arrested many times before after the sound of different sirens.

Paramedics inserted a tube down Nipsey’s throat, stuck an IV in his arm and then lifted him off the pavement onto a waiting stretcher.

A chilling scream erupted from somewhere in the crowd of those who had gathered to watch. A bullet pierced the back of Nipsey’s head.

For the first time, Samiel saw the gunshot wound on the back of his brother’s head. He started praying.

:::

The strip mall was the place where Nips and Samiel got their hair cut and ate burgers. It was where both brothers said cops regularly held raids.

Los Angeles police still patrol the area often and treat people suspiciously, Samiel said.

The Marathon Clothing store hired mostly felons because they often have a hard time finding work with a criminal record. Felons also are prohibited from carrying guns.

“Because of that, the man was able to shoot my brother, start running, realize nobody out there had a gun, stop, turn back around, walk up, shoot my brother two more times, start to run, realize nobody had a gun, nobody was responding, ran back up and shot my brother three more times, shoot him in the head and kicked him in the head and then ran off,” Samiel dissected.

“If somebody would’ve been there — if I would’ve been there — I would’ve shot back,” he said. “I just wish I would’ve been there.”

:::

The ambulance arrived at the hospital before Samiel got there. The doctor seemed to be avoiding him.

Samiel walked toward the ambulance and approached a paramedic.

“I know who he is,” the man said. “I’m a fan. I respect what he was doing in the community.”

“We tried our hardest,” Samiel recalls him saying.

Since then, Samiel has been trying to come to terms with what happened, but it’s hard to know who to trust. His brother’s death feels like an “execution.”

He wonders if the attack was a hit job or if Holder was simply jealous.

“It doesn’t make sense that somebody from the area, that just snuck up, and just talked to him and shook his hand minutes before,” Samiel said. “It’s mind-boggling.”

Samiel said he’s focused on preserving his brother’s legacy.

“He made something work in an area that was run-down, that people were scared to come to, and he turned it into a landmark,” he said. “All races. Different states. Many countries. They all come to Crenshaw and Slauson. He was truly the people’s champ.”

Last edited:
Didn’t hit reply but responding to a few comments.

Yea something like 100k Eritrean and Ethiopians in DMV. Can spot them as soon as you get off the plane at Regan or Dulles. Most in the USA. Other heavily populated Eritrean resident cities include the whole Bay Area, ATL, LA, Dallas, Seattle, Philly, Vegas, Chi, Houston, Portland. Lots in Europe. Went skiing in Utah in Feb, chatted with a lady at Salt Lake City Airport working a Dunkin’ Donuts. We are everywhere. You’ll see more Ethiopians in all these cities. They deep.

And yes our chicks are bad. Married one.

Pops passed 2 yrs ago last Saturday and was heavily involved in community fighting for our freedom. So much so when he passed, I received 2 personal calls from the Eritrean embassy sending condolences. There were 1500+ at his funerals from all over the world. Our weddings are big also. Had about 800 peeps at mine. Y’all boys have no idea. The culture is full tilt on everything. Cry big party big. No middle ground. It is just really pure and of full love. We are friendly as hell.

Nip meet our president last in Asmara our capital. He also was headline guest at annual Eritrean festival in DC. Kids loved it. Lots of YouTube flicks on his voyage. I imagine his funeral would be huge just from Eri and Ethi communities alone.

Back back story won’t share. Will say it would only enhance his greatness. Africans!

Last edited:
Didn’t hit reply but responding to a few comments.

Yea something like 100k Eritrean and Ethiopians in DMV. Can spot them as soon as you get off the plane at Regan or Dulles. Most in the USA. Other heavily populated Eritrean resident cities include the whole Bay Area, LA, Dallas, Seattle, Philly, Vegas, Chi, Houston, Portland. Lots in Europe. Went skiing in Utah in Feb, chatted with a lady at Salt Lake City Airport working a Dunkin’ Donuts. We are everywhere. You’ll see more Ethiopians in all these cities. They deep.

And yes our chicks are bad. Married one.

Pops passed 2 yrs ago last Saturday and was heavily involved in community fighting for our freedom. So much so when he passed, I received 2 personal calls from the Eritrean embassy sending condolences. There were 1500+ at his funerals from all over the world. Our weddings are big also. Had about 800 peeps at mine. Y’all boys have no idea. The culture is full tilt on everything. Cry big party big. No middle ground. Culture is just really pure full love. We are friendly as hell.

Nip meet our president last in Asmara our capital. He also was headline guest at annual Eritrean festival in DC. Kids loved it. Lots of YouTube flicks on his voyage. I imagine his funeral would be huge just from Eri and Ethi communities alone.

Back back story won’t share. Will say it would only enhance his greatness.
Thats amazing. I live in Portland now recently in the last few months, from the Bay Area. His candle light was here at the Eritrean Community Center. Im not as plugged in here as I was back home, so I didn't even know about it til it was over. But wifey wants to pass by and pay condolences and drop a candle/flowers off. She didn't listen to Nip as much but she knew I ****** with his music and message heavy.

This is how it should be though. My culture (Filipino) has a big internal divide. We love and hate to see our own win, its a weird scale. Growing up, I lived and roamed my block so I relate more to that than my culture which is a shame, but that's just how it is sometimes. Have really got back in tune with it recently too.

Eritrean festival you say? May have to slide and find me a wife.

Used to hit when we were single just for that. Party til 9 am 3 straight days. Ethiopian festival is even bigger. They also both have yearly soccer festivals that are in different us cities every yr like the Olympics does, they put bids together. They do basketball tourneys and concerts at the festivals.

There is no such thing as "basically" when it comes to race. Either you're a particular race or you're not. Dude's argument is that the countries are right next to each other :rofl: That's like telling a Russian they're basically Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom