RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

It's a petty debate but Cali is by far better than NY right now.

Kendrick, Soul, Jay Rock, School Boy, Nipsey YG, Mozzy. It ain't close.

It's a petty debate but Cali is by far better than NY right now.

Kendrick, Soul, Jay Rock, School Boy, Nipsey YG, Mozzy. It ain't close.

Everyone you just named other then Kendrick, doesn’t pop on the east coast. I’ve been living in Florida for years now after college, and I can tell you right now, nobody in the south is listening to any of those names other then Kendrick.

A Boogie, Cardi B, Dave East (the females), 69, French, and A$AP is bigger around the country then any of those names. Once again, minus Kendrick.

Everyone you just named other then Kendrick, doesn’t pop on the east coast. I’ve been living in Florida for years now after college, and I can tell you right now, nobody in the south is listening to any of those names other then Kendrick.

A Boogie, Cardi B, Dave East (the females), 69, French, and A$AP is bigger around the country then any of those names. Once again, minus Kendrick.

It's honestly the same for y'all artist over here as well. Minus Cardi.

Lol eto
Benny
Conway
Westside gunn
Action bronson
Roc marciano
Meyhem Lauren
Etc.
So na. NY > Cali as far as new rap

11C6F500-7F33-4EBB-B8EE-B26327B0B04B.gif

Everyone you just named other then Kendrick, doesn’t pop on the east coast. I’ve been living in Florida for years now after college, and I can tell you right now, nobody in the south is listening to any of those names other then Kendrick. A Boogie, Cardi B, Dave East (the females), 69, French, and A$AP is bigger around the country then any of those names. Once again, minus Kendrick.
YG and School Boy don't get played on the east? That's false, I'm on the East coast. Dave East ain't making much noise outside of NY yet and **** with him, hope he does but he hasn't.

And you can't say minus Kendrick when you're talking about popularity. Kendrick is reaching legendary status. So whether it's popularity or quality Cali has NY beat.

french pop everywhere stop it.

French pops because of who he has on the song. :lol: That ***** is the epitome of a feature artist.

The only reason he's relevant is because of that andhis ability to smash these celebrity chicks.

Last edited:
French pops because of who he has on the song. :lol: That ***** is the epitome of a feature artist.

that's a lie. All da way up was a hit arguably cuz of his feature.

Chinx Drugz coke boy popped cuz of French, etc.

The only reason he's relevant is because of that andhis ability to smash these celebrity chicks.

In This era are we REALLY gonna be handing out "stipulations" That's how a good 80% of these ****** pop off now, A bunch of ****** doing stupid **** on social media, & getting a hundred features & somehow French is the only one who gets blame for it.

French has bigger Hits, And makes better projects than A LOT of ****** right now.

In This era are we REALLY gonna be handing out "stipulations" That's how a good 80% of these *****s pop off now, A bunch of *****s doing stupid **** on social media, & getting a hundred features & somehow French is the only one who gets blame for it.

French has bigger Hits, And makes better projects than A LOT of *****s right now.

I didn't say French does stupid ****. I just said he's a feature artist. His hits are with other ****** always being on it and usually with him being outshined.

Bronson cool with me though :lol:. I just hate when ***** idea of “good” NYC rap are boring imitations of 90s golden era guys.

A Boogie>

All those guys aren't just "imitating" 90's rap tho, they are making a sound of music that is needed. Every ***** can't be in the booth making records guided towards teens, they help provide a balance for cats who wanna hear thatrap ( And i'm not a huge fan of none of those ******) but that's an integral part of NY culture & someone gotta continue that.

I didn't say French does stupid ****. I just said he's a feature artist. His hits are with other ****** always being on it and usually with him being outshined.

Point is that many of the relevant artist today, are relevant due to affiliation, features & antics outside of rap. So for french to constantly get called out for it is nuts.

Point is that many of the relevant artist today, are relevant due to affiliation, features & antics outside of rap. So for french to constantly get called out for it is nuts.

That's cool and all but French was brought up. Whoever else it applies to, it applies to

Back
Top Bottom