RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Cats Like East & Don Q start Chasing "new Freezer" instead of keep building on what got them here & they lose all momentum,

can't be afraid to hit one out da park.

look at 69...he's lapped everyone not named Cardi.

da trick is you need a "wanksta" before you get a "in da club" to lock it in.

and it ain't really bout sales per say...when you rockin you command a bigger bag when u do shows and poppin up at these events...ish matter.

69 Won't be here By The end of Summer beloved. You Develop a solid fan base You ALWAYS sell out Shows. Therefore You can always go on tour & Your always Guaranteed a bag.

Curren$y living life better than most rappers & dude ain't been played in a club since Young Money. I rather 20 K a show for years, than 50K a show for a few months.

69 Won't be here By The end of Summer beloved.

stop being facetious....that project he got fire front to back.

his haters can only hope be burns himself out like fetty wap, but even then, fetty was around for a year plus strong.

69 Won't be here By The end of Summer beloved. You Develop a solid fan base You ALWAYS sell out Shows. Therefore You can always go on tour & Your always Guaranteed a bag.

Curren$y living life better than most rappers & dude ain't been played in a club since Young Money. I rather 20 K a show for years, than 50K a show for a few months.

Nah 69 gon be here past the year. I know it's cool to hate him here but the fact is that his joints are making numbers and people are feeling em.

can't be afraid to hit one out da park.

look at 69...he's lapped everyone not named Cardi.

da trick is you need a "wanksta" before you get a "in da club" to lock it in.

and it ain't really bout sales per say...when you rockin you command a bigger bag when u do shows and poppin up at these events...ish matter.

There's a ton of variables as to why Hernandez has lapped everyone and one of those is being a clear cut plant :lol:

Nah. Gunmo hit hard and folks just wanna be in denial about it. People loved that **** when it came out . Then the antics started.

There's a ton of variables as to why Hernandez has lapped everyone and one of those is being a clear cut plant :lol:

plant? ehh...u gotta have a strong money team & status leveraging behind da scenes for you being a plant...remember, 69 popped overseas first with those weirdo records, and caught fire on da states later...by then da gummo record was just undeniable.

cardi b doing nothing less than 100k..thats what hit records do for your resume.

JA Rule can probably command 50k just off his track record.

Ja Rule was Once the Top Selling Rapper in an Era With Jay, DMX, Nelly etc etc.
Cardi B had a legit #1 Record In the Country for weeks

That's not anything Like a new Freezer, or a Gunmo, Or like any of the other numerous songs that have popped for a few months at a time. Fetty is a perfect example actually Dude had Legit HITS, meaning it touched top 40 radio, infiltrated all of pop culture. a lil over a year it's quiet for him because he never built a real fanbase to move with him.

dudes like East & Don Q are still putting in the ground work before they go out trying to reach for hit records. Establish yourself first, perfect your sound, & then build up from that point on.

The problem with this Tekashi Analogy is that We've seen this movie 100 times, he Doesn't have "hits" he has hot songs & No real fanbase. Just a bunch of people following him for the antics & trolling. That formula works for but so long because that's the most fickle fanbase you can possibly have.

East did try to go searching for hits. At least twice from my recollection. Those songs with Bhris and Uzi. It just isn't working.

The problem with this Tekashi Analogy is that We've seen this movie 100 times, he Doesn't have "hits"

gummo a certified hit b...its on constant rotation at all hours of da radio.

69 got a strong year in front of him for sure.

East did try to go searching for hits. At least twice from my recollection. Those songs with Bhris and Uzi. It just isn't working.

That's about 2 Songs out of like 4-5 Projects he's dropped.... And one literally dropped as a loose song with no push, that he publically downplayed. His last Project P2 catered to his sound & his fans & kept excitement going.

When i say searching for hits i mean directing your entire sound/image to something your core ain't ask for, which he hasn't done & it's worked for him.

plant? ehh...u gotta have a strong money team & status leveraging behind da scenes for you being a plant...remember, 69 popped overseas first with those weirdo records, and caught fire on da states later...by then da gummo record was just undeniable.
Nah. Gunmo hit hard and folks just wanna be in denial about it. People loved that **** when it came out . Then the antics started.

He ain’t any different than Lil Yachty to me. Latin Yachty with a red bandana

Elliott Grainge

:lol: @ thinking 69 don't have big money backing him. He's the poster child for ignorance and dumb **** right now. Of course he's being pushed.

And because of that I can see him lasting over the summer, he'll probably be around for a year and some change because of the dumb **** and people seem to like his music.

It kinda seem like the label didn’t really seem worried about him like that until Gummo. I don’t think they saw him blowing up like this in the US and they had Trippie Redd who was blowing up already, working w the hottest producers and in the studio w Drake and **** :lol:

Tekashi was doing the Eastern European fanbase thing. The channel that is/was hosting his videos is based there. Those kids absolutely LOVE underground rap over there too. It’s crazy. Dudes like Night Lovell selling out whole tour runs in Eastern Europe

It's Crazy How if you say something enough times the media will let you get way with it, This dude has gotten this 5 "hits" on the billboard charts thing going & as of today there's two songs on the Hot 100 & Those are under 50. You would think hes putting up Drake numbers the way he's talking

It's Crazy How if you say something enough times the media will let you get way with it, This dude has gotten this 5 "hits" on the billboard charts thing going & as of today there's two songs on the Hot 100 & Those are under 50. You would think hes putting up Drake numbers the way he's talking

Tecnichally, he does have 5 entries on the top 100 though.

Back
Top Bottom