RIP George Floyd

was at three portland protests this past week. two of them i was at got out of hand cause the cops as usual instigated with their tear gas and violent tactics. they've been extremely abusive all week long though. heavily militarized with LRADs and i don't even know what else. supposedly been going around town questioning protesters at their homes, doing retina scans, etc

i don't really know too many people here having moved here in late feb, but it was really affirming to experience so much unity and support to this cause in this (new) city. people get live out here for real

I am so angry, I would love wrap my hands around one of these racists neck, then choke the life out of him. I’ve been raised understanding the true history of this country. My Grandmother kept the Jet Magazine which featured the story of Emmitt Till, open casket shots, with Emmitt’s mother wanting the whole world to see what these racist devils had done. My own family is in the Library of Congress, as one of the three Black families, that know the country our African ancestors had been stolen from. My family owns the plantation where we were captive now, and I have spent summers there feeling the presence of the pain, the history, of that land. I’ve seen the whipping post. I’ve seen the trees...the land has been in my family’s possession for one hundred years. So here is the deal, I am hoping that this younger generation can do what earlier generations have failed to do, so I do not have to go out, then making my wants come true.

That’s crazy man...

Where are your people from and where were they taken??

8qb5ik0dj6351.png

That’s how it always is. Except for in the south where there are mostly non Union States. Always get a laugh at the brutally honest feedback. Love it.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the youngins took the week off for load management. Now that they have all of their pickups itemized and labled...time to lock back in for round 2.

curfews are over, police comfortable again, back beating on folks with batons and gas grenades like the good ol days.

I wish the peaceful protestors would just leave them alone too. Be peaceful and mind your business. The rioting and looting has its benefits too.

I remember when this happened. Can't find the thread about it but I did find the posts when it was brought up in the political thread from 2017.

Should've been a wake up call to white folks but they deflected like they do when Black people are murdered by cops. That POS cop had "You are f_ed" on his gun.

This “all lives matter” stuff is insane.

Yesterday on a popular Facebook page (50k members) that covers food in my area and makes money by promoting businesses in their network, a poster asked for recommendations for black owned restaurants. Discussion ensued before the page moderator stepped in to make their point...

“I support ALL locally owned businesses.”

Page is “Destination Brevard” if you’re bored.

Back
Top Bottom