Realistically, what has the sweep done to Kobe's legacy?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

I disagree about comparing the number of championships a player has.  Obviously you can't compare right now, but once both their careers are over that should be taken into consideration. You play to win championships, not score 81 or put up a triple-double. 

And titles are won by teams, as Kobe can attest to today when his running mate pulled a David Blaine in the series.

Guess we ought to do away with the mvp award as well...

I don't understand how you can't judge a player by the number of championships he has given the fact that he will have 12-14 chances to grab a title or 2.

I disagree about comparing the number of championships a player has.  Obviously you can't compare right now, but once both their careers are over that should be taken into consideration. You play to win championships, not score 81 or put up a triple-double. 

And titles are won by teams, as Kobe can attest to today when his running mate pulled a David Blaine in the series.

I don't understand how you can't judge a player by the number of championships he has given the fact that he will have 12-14 chances to grab a title or 2.

Jordan would never of let his team go down like that. Kobe can win 3 more rings and he will never get anywhere close to Jordan.

Jordan would never of let his team go down like that. Kobe can win 3 more rings and he will never get anywhere close to Jordan.

took 27 posts for jordan to be mentioned
eek.gif

expected it to be the first reply

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

C'mon really? 

It's a team game, Kobe played his heart out but his team didn't. Jordan could've did anything different in that same scenario, except maybe yell at his teammates. If Phil couldn't get to them, nobody would've.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

C'mon really? 

It's a team game, Kobe played his heart out but his team didn't. Jordan could've did anything different in that same scenario, except maybe yell at his teammates. If Phil couldn't get to them, nobody would've.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Honestly, it doesn't do too much. Basketball has ALWAYS been a team game, I hope those Kobe stans now know that you can't judge players and compare different players based on the number of championships they have (Kobe vs. Bron).
TRUTH!

It won't really hurt his legacy but real talk, hopefully the Kobe stans will finally realize you can't do it alone.  You can play GREAT, but if your teammates don't do nothing, you ain't winning.  SIMPLE!  Really glad they finally got a taste of it though.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Honestly, it doesn't do too much. Basketball has ALWAYS been a team game, I hope those Kobe stans now know that you can't judge players and compare different players based on the number of championships they have (Kobe vs. Bron).
TRUTH!

It won't really hurt his legacy but real talk, hopefully the Kobe stans will finally realize you can't do it alone.  You can play GREAT, but if your teammates don't do nothing, you ain't winning.  SIMPLE!  Really glad they finally got a taste of it though.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

You shouldn't. Team sport. And only teams win titles, not single players.
Fact is that the sweep is not a reflection of Kobe's play.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

You shouldn't. Team sport. And only teams win titles, not single players.
Fact is that the sweep is not a reflection of Kobe's play.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Phil's legacy probably took the greatest hit today. Maybe not but the Lakers really disrespected him big time down the stretch. Showed no effort and no class.
Phils LAST game as an NBA coach and the players go out like that 
tired.gif
Very classless. I hope this team is blown up and reduced to rubble..
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Phil's legacy probably took the greatest hit today. Maybe not but the Lakers really disrespected him big time down the stretch. Showed no effort and no class.
Phils LAST game as an NBA coach and the players go out like that 
tired.gif
Very classless. I hope this team is blown up and reduced to rubble..
eyes.gif

The sweep is just a reality check for alot of you Kobe lovers out there.  For any and all Kobe lovers, hopefully this just opens your eyes to some of the flaws Kobe has.  Kobe is still a great player and all, but he really is overrated here on the boards.
he'll still be number 2. 

LOL.

It's a team game, Kobe played his heart out but his team didn't.

That means Kobe simply didn't do enough champ. 

The sweep is just a reality check for alot of you Kobe lovers out there.  For any and all Kobe lovers, hopefully this just opens your eyes to some of the flaws Kobe has.  Kobe is still a great player and all, but he really is overrated here on the boards.
he'll still be number 2. 

LOL.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

he'll still be number 2. 

LOL.

Spoken like how a Kobe fan would when talking about other players in the past.  Feels good to see them hit with the same scenario.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom