Realistically, what has the sweep done to Kobe's legacy?

Honestly, it doesn't do too much. Basketball has ALWAYS been a team game, I hope those Kobe stans now know that you can't judge players and compare different players based on the number of championships they have (Kobe vs. Bron).

Originally Posted by acidicality

Honestly, it doesn't do too much. Basketball has ALWAYS been a team game, I hope those Kobe stans now know that you can't judge players and compare different players based on the number of championships they have (Kobe vs. Bron).

Quoted, bolded, and put in large font for truth.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's a team game.

Kobe didn't knock down Dirk or Barea... he didn't turn Pau Gasol into a little girl... he didn't personally let the Mavs make every one of there 3's

It doesn't help his legacy, but we shouldn't overreact and pretend he's now a fraud or overrated.
Co-signs

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's a team game.

Kobe didn't knock down Dirk or Barea... he didn't turn Pau Gasol into a little girl... he didn't personally let the Mavs make every one of there 3's

It doesn't help his legacy, but we shouldn't overreact and pretend he's now a fraud or overrated.
Co-signs

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

So this is a subtle Bron>Kobe comment. 
roll.gif

roll.gif

I disagree about comparing the number of championships a player has.  Obviously you can't compare right now, but once both their careers are over that should be taken into consideration. You play to win championships, not score 81 or put up a triple-double.

I disagree about comparing the number of championships a player has.  Obviously you can't compare right now, but once both their careers are over that should be taken into consideration. You play to win championships, not score 81 or put up a triple-double.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

roll.gif

Would you rather me say that HIS fault for his sidekick Gasol for playing like trash this series?

roll.gif

Would you rather me say that HIS fault for his sidekick Gasol for playing like trash this series?

And titles are won by teams, as Kobe can attest to today when his running mate pulled a David Blaine in the series.

Phil's legacy probably took the greatest hit today. Maybe not but the Lakers really disrespected him big time down the stretch. Showed no effort and no class.
Phils LAST game as an NBA coach and the players go out like that 
tired.gif

And titles are won by teams, as Kobe can attest to today when his running mate pulled a David Blaine in the series.

Phil's legacy probably took the greatest hit today. Maybe not but the Lakers really disrespected him big time down the stretch. Showed no effort and no class.
Phils LAST game as an NBA coach and the players go out like that 
tired.gif

roll.gif

Nope, just saying that you can't blame Kobe for this sweep, same way you can't blame LeBron for his postseason failures so far.

roll.gif

Nope, just saying that you can't blame Kobe for this sweep, same way you can't blame LeBron for his postseason failures so far.

All you can say is he definitely didn't go 6 for 6 in the Finals now... oh wait... (remembers 2003, 2008)... Nevermind. Carry on. Still second best #2 guard ever.

All you can say is he definitely didn't go 6 for 6 in the Finals now... oh wait... (remembers 2003, 2008)... Nevermind. Carry on. Still second best #2 guard ever.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
I know this board is full of Kobe/Laker hate, but come on. Sheesh.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
I know this board is full of Kobe/Laker hate, but come on. Sheesh.

not a fan of the lakers, but kobe did his thing. not his fault the rest of the team didnt show up and phil got outcoached.

not a fan of the lakers, but kobe did his thing. not his fault the rest of the team didnt show up and phil got outcoached.

Back
Top Bottom