REAL TALK, What is so bad about GM cars, or rather American cars??

American cars went through a terrible period during the 1980s and 1990s and reputations are slow to change. Things are changing though. German cars used to be built like tanks and now they're having all kinds of problems, particularly with their electronics. Look at what's happened to Toyota, which used to be the benchmark in terms of reliability. Things are evening out these days...

Originally Posted by CaddyLac

I currently own 2 Cadillacs.. 94 Eldorado and a 05 STS. Have they been perfect little angels? No. But then again there's nothing for me to go cry about. My boss bought a brand new A8 and it's left him stranded 2 times already, 2 people I know with BMW's one blew a head gasket and the other had tons of electrical BS. Anyone ever read about the asian claim to fame GTR?.. 80K car and tons of people who bought one blew their $30K transmission within the first few months and got their warranty denied. 
eyes.gif

I will always drive a Cadillac as long as I can help it and would never ever buy any Hyundai, Honda or Lexus. For people to say that American cars have no style while touting some asian import is just
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 .. it doesn't get any more cookie cutter than those companies. One of the big things that attracted me to Cadillac in the first place was the body style and sharp lines. People used to leave notes on my 94 with their number with questions about the car.. some people would try to flag me down in traffic, got to the point my girl would was always giving me the
indifferent.gif
 face. Now I drive the 05 daily and get non stop looks from the people in the Lexus, BMW, Audi's etc.  So yea, i'll stick to my "boring" American cars.
2qs8674.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 why are you posting a picture of a CTS? where are the pics of your said, super stylish 05 STS? 
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

dont get me wrong, i give Caddy props for their new CTS sedan/coupes.. 
pimp.gif

but this:

312110.1-lg.jpg

over a Lexus, BMW, or Audi?... nah fam. im afraid youre all alone on that one. 

I currently own 2 Cadillacs.. 94 Eldorado and a 05 STS. Have they been perfect little angels? No. But then again there's nothing for me to go cry about. My boss bought a brand new A8 and it's left him stranded 2 times already, 2 people I know with BMW's one blew a head gasket and the other had tons of electrical BS. Anyone ever read about the asian claim to fame GTR?.. 80K car and tons of people who bought one blew their $30K transmission within the first few months and got their warranty denied. 
eyes.gif

I will always drive a Cadillac as long as I can help it and would never ever buy any Hyundai, Honda or Lexus. For people to say that American cars have no style while touting some asian import is just
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 .. it doesn't get any more cookie cutter than those companies. One of the big things that attracted me to Cadillac in the first place was the body style and sharp lines. People used to leave notes on my 94 with their number with questions about the car.. some people would try to flag me down in traffic, got to the point my girl would was always giving me the
indifferent.gif
 face. Now I drive the 05 daily and get non stop looks from the people in the Lexus, BMW, Audi's etc.  So yea, i'll stick to my "boring" American cars.
2qs8674.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 why are you posting a picture of a CTS? where are the pics of your said, super stylish 05 STS? 
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

pimp.gif

but this:

312110.1-lg.jpg

Originally Posted by AC4Three

American cars went through a terrible period during the 1980s and 1990s and reputations are slow to change. Things are changing though. German cars used to be built like tanks and now they're having all kinds of problems, particularly with their electronics. Look at what's happened to Toyota, which used to be the benchmark in terms of reliability. Things are evening out these days...

those recalled Toyos were built in America. 

I always said my next whip was gonna be German but I saw this and it immediately jumped to the top of the list
glasses.gif

raptorintro.jpg

I always said my next whip was gonna be German but I saw this and it immediately jumped to the top of the list
glasses.gif

raptorintro.jpg

Originally Posted by proper english

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
2qs8674.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

pimp.gif

but this:

312110.1-lg.jpg

Well Im a Cadillac guy too. Ive owned a 92 Seville, 03 CTS and now I own a 06 STS.

I could have bought any other car in its class but didnt.  I bought it certified preowned and havent put a dime into the car aside from the standard stuff  ( brakes,oil,tires)

I too get tons on compliments about the car.  As long as Cadillac is around Im driving one.

2mdnvc1.jpg

f4pkdz.jpg

292of85.jpg

Dont have those rims anymore.

Got the stockrims painted the same color as the car
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
2qs8674.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

pimp.gif

but this:

312110.1-lg.jpg

Well Im a Cadillac guy too. Ive owned a 92 Seville, 03 CTS and now I own a 06 STS.

I could have bought any other car in its class but didnt.  I bought it certified preowned and havent put a dime into the car aside from the standard stuff  ( brakes,oil,tires)

I too get tons on compliments about the car.  As long as Cadillac is around Im driving one.

2mdnvc1.jpg

f4pkdz.jpg

292of85.jpg

Dont have those rims anymore.

Got the stockrims painted the same color as the car
pimp.gif

That is irrelevant in terms of a debate regarding the reliability of American car manufacturers vs. foreign car manufacturers. Outsourcing is common in today's global economy; a Toyota built in the United States is still a reflection of Toyota.

That is irrelevant in terms of a debate regarding the reliability of American car manufacturers vs. foreign car manufacturers. Outsourcing is common in today's global economy; a Toyota built in the United States is still a reflection of Toyota.

BAM! Now thats some RealTalk!

BAM! Now thats some RealTalk!

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by FDUB

Originally Posted by ABC

I'm pretty sure it all started with the 70s gas crisis -- American car makers got complacent and too confident when they realized they had a hold on the American market. Japanese cars were cheaper, more reliable and had better gas mileage, forcing American companies to create horrible abomination cars like the Pinto that blew up upon certain collisions. 
WIKI:

As in Western Europe, U.S. automakers were significantly impacted by the 1973 oil embargo and energy crisis. Before the energy crisis, large, heavy, and powerful cars were the standard in the U.S. 

After the energy crisis, however, gasoline cost more and reduced the demand for large cars.[sup][33][/sup] The Toyota Corona, the Toyota Corolla, the Datsun B210, the Datsun 510, theHonda Civic, the Mitsubishi Galant (a captive import from Chrysler sold as the Dodge Colt), the Subaru DL, and later the Honda Accord all had four cylinder engines that were more fuel efficient in comparison to the typical V8 and six cylinder engines found in North American vehicles. From Europe, the Volkswagen Beetle, the Volkswagen Fastback, theRenault 8, the Renault LeCar, and the Fiat Brava were also offered. As buyers began exchanging large cars for the smaller imported ones, Detroit responded with the Ford Pinto, theFord Maverick, the Chevrolet Vega, the Chevrolet Nova, the Plymouth Valliant, and the Plymouth Volaré.
I don't think consumers ever looked at American carmakers the same since that era. The stereotype (and partial truth) that Honda and Toyota make better cars has carried on... shoot, my dad tells me that all the time.
Wow.. Good info... I also want to know why they use Drastically cheap interiors designs and materials too now a days in some of their cars.. Anyone knew why?
demographic they cater their cars to don't care about em....it'll be someone pushing a 2.7 liter charger complaining about da interior
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
a SRT8 buyer can give 2 craps he just

wants his hemi.

Truth.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by FDUB

Originally Posted by ABC

I'm pretty sure it all started with the 70s gas crisis -- American car makers got complacent and too confident when they realized they had a hold on the American market. Japanese cars were cheaper, more reliable and had better gas mileage, forcing American companies to create horrible abomination cars like the Pinto that blew up upon certain collisions. 
WIKI:

As in Western Europe, U.S. automakers were significantly impacted by the 1973 oil embargo and energy crisis. Before the energy crisis, large, heavy, and powerful cars were the standard in the U.S. 

After the energy crisis, however, gasoline cost more and reduced the demand for large cars.[sup][33][/sup] The Toyota Corona, the Toyota Corolla, the Datsun B210, the Datsun 510, theHonda Civic, the Mitsubishi Galant (a captive import from Chrysler sold as the Dodge Colt), the Subaru DL, and later the Honda Accord all had four cylinder engines that were more fuel efficient in comparison to the typical V8 and six cylinder engines found in North American vehicles. From Europe, the Volkswagen Beetle, the Volkswagen Fastback, theRenault 8, the Renault LeCar, and the Fiat Brava were also offered. As buyers began exchanging large cars for the smaller imported ones, Detroit responded with the Ford Pinto, theFord Maverick, the Chevrolet Vega, the Chevrolet Nova, the Plymouth Valliant, and the Plymouth Volaré.
I don't think consumers ever looked at American carmakers the same since that era. The stereotype (and partial truth) that Honda and Toyota make better cars has carried on... shoot, my dad tells me that all the time.
Wow.. Good info... I also want to know why they use Drastically cheap interiors designs and materials too now a days in some of their cars.. Anyone knew why?
demographic they cater their cars to don't care about em....it'll be someone pushing a 2.7 liter charger complaining about da interior
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
a SRT8 buyer can give 2 craps he just

wants his hemi.

Truth.

I wouldn't mind an impala, but the only American car I really like over the foreign version is any american truck, and in particular the F-150.

I wouldn't mind an impala, but the only American car I really like over the foreign version is any american truck, and in particular the F-150.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

I would definitely suggest investing your money in an Impala..a very nice car..powerful..and stylish at the same time..great on gas as well..

I would definitely suggest investing your money in an Impala..a very nice car..powerful..and stylish at the same time..great on gas as well..

Originally Posted by dmxgod

agreed

ca1124_lowriders_BW_1_11-24-07_6V7V914.jpg

1005_lrmp_02_o%2B1963_chevrolet_impala_convertible%2Bpassenger_side.jpg

we're talking about these Impalas, right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxgod

agreed

ca1124_lowriders_BW_1_11-24-07_6V7V914.jpg

1005_lrmp_02_o%2B1963_chevrolet_impala_convertible%2Bpassenger_side.jpg

we're talking about these Impalas, right?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom