Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

:smh:
smh.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

I'd rather watch Vandy then watch Jon chavis continue to sit back in zone while DJ Hall carves dudes up for 12 catches and 180 yards.... @#%$ is sickening!

OMG Vandy QB just got Lit UP!!!!! :wow:
eek.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

I just realized that Boy Kellen Lewis just hit PSU up with a 60 yard scramble for a TD. That's ridiculous right there
I AIN'T EVEN WIT IT

Was there even an ND/USC post?

The team is pathetic, it's tough to sit through 4 quarters of that garbage, no excuse for Notre Dame to be like this, none

HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Yo, I was just about to come in here and post that pimp.....

Real talk....I mad.....Heated even....Even though X was @#%$ up last game...He still gives us our best chance to win.....He has not been given a fair shake.....Drew was allowed to play for 1 1/2 seasons before X got to play......I think Bobby made this decision rather than Jimbo....I think the big man influenced Jimbo to do it....I for one hope that X transfers and goes off next year....@#%$ is ridiculous...Dude is like a freshman back there at QB with the amount of experience that he has on the college level...... :smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Anyone wana tell me exactly how good this incoming ND class is?

I see the same top rated QB, TE, LB type slow @#%$ lookin, non athlete players as always

yet it's ranked #1

HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Quote:
Yes, you should...

:rofl:
roll.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Quote:
Anyone wana tell me exactly how good this incoming ND class is?
ing and doing the damn thing)

Jabba @#%$ himself by not recruiting the defensive side of the ball his first 2 classes. It is showing now and will next year also. Plus, he hasn't shown that he can take this raw talent on O and make it work rght away. He is too proud to say that this team needs some time and I think your program is too proud to say that he is not doing his damn thing yet. Clausen has more talent than Quinn did and I was expecting alot more. The Line has blown but from what I have heard Jabba has those kids heads spinning from all the schemes he throws at them.

I am sure next year will be better but still gonna be a fight to get 6 wins.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

Taking an early look at bowl eligibility, this could get ugly. We could have a bunch of 6-6 teams this year.

The SEC could have as many as 11 bowl eligible teams.

South Carolina, Kentucky, LSU, Alabama are already there.

Florida, Georgia, and Auburn need one more win.

If nothing else, UF will beat Florida Atlantic and Auburn will beat Tennessee Tech. Georgia has a brutal SEC schedule left (Florida, Auburn, Kentucky) but has winnable games against Troy and Georgia Tech.

Needing two wins: Tennessee, Vandy, Arkansas, and Mississippi State.

Tennessee will beat UL-Lafayette then has to beat one of SC, Vandy, Kentucky or Arkansas.
Vandy should beat Miami (OH) then needs to pull an upset over Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, or Wake Forest.
Arkansas will beat FIU, then has to beat one of SC, Miss. State, Tennessee, or LSU.
Miss. St. should beat Ole Miss, and needs to beat one of Kentucky, Alabama, or Arkansas.

9 teams seems likely, 11 would be a stretch. But with the upsets we've already seen this year...

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the Big 10, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Penn State are already in. Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern, and Illinois need one more win. That would make 9.

Indiana should get a win over Ball State.
Illinois should also beat Ball State.
Michigan State should beat Iowa.
Northwestern just needs to beat one of Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, or Iowa.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We could also have 10 teams out of the Big XII.

Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, TAMU, Texas Tech, and Texas are already there.

Oklahoma State needs one win. (Should beat Baylor.)
Kansas State needs two. (Baylor, Fresno State, and Iowa State left.)
Colorado needs two. (Nebraska, Iowa State, Texas Tech left.)
Nebraska could potentially make it, too. But they'd need two of Texas, Kansas, K-State and Colorado. Not likely for that team.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't looked at the other conferences in depth yet...but you're probably looking at at least 7 from the ACC, 5 from the Big East, and 6 from the Pac-10.

LOL the Big East admitted to making mistakes in two games.
USF/Rutgers and UCONN/Louisville

to put it short, the Fair catch should have been called and it should have been a penalty

and in USF/Rutgers the review for the forward lateral was incorrect and shouldnt not have been called.

Now if we can get the SEC to coem out and admit they gave LSU that game vs Auburn
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Well, you know, if they're letting in players as partial qualifiers, they ain't got the smartest referees over there either.

Quote:
LOL the Big East admitted to making mistakes in two games.
USF/Rutgers and UCONN/Louisville

to put it short, the Fair catch should have been called and it should have been a penalty

and in USF/Rutgers the review for the forward lateral was incorrect and shouldnt not have been called.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
October 23, 2007

Pete Sampson
IrishIllustrated.com

Related Links:
Video: Gray turns the corner

Talk about it in The Fort
On Monday night Jonas Gray made it official. The four-star running back called the Nebraska coaching staff to inform the Cornhuskers that he won't be coming to Lincoln next year. Instead Gray, who took an official visit to Notre Dame last weekend, will reevaluate his options with the Irish fresh on his mind.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Notre Dame is back in the running for Gray.
Notre Dame defensive coordinator Corwin Brown will try to make another strong impression when he visits the Detroit Country Day star later this week. It's Brown who helped the Irish get back in with the 5-foot-10, 213-pound prospect after Notre Dame appeared to move in a different direction early in the process.

"Me and coach Brown have always had a good relationship and have always been friends," Gray said. "Throughout the recruiting process we still talked and when this all happened with Nebraska he talked about me coming up for a game and taking an official visit.

"It's funny because (Notre Dame) is always a place I wanted to be at in the beginning."

Notre Dame led for Gray's services early and the Rivals100 back made a handful of trips to South Bend. But when an offer never came, Gray moved in a different direction. That scenario could have soured Gray's perspective on the Irish, but Brown's work kept the running back's vision clear.

An offer from Charlie Weis came on Sunday.

"I wasn't really put off," Gray said. "I understand that it's a business with Notre Dame. They have to make a business decision. I didn't think anything bad because they have to do what's best for them and I had to do what's best for me, which was committing to Nebraska.

"But it means a lot to get an offer from Notre Dame. It really means a lot."

Gray felt the same way about Nebraska earlier in the process, committing to the Cornhuskers in early August. Since then head coach Bill Callahan's job security has come into question after a series of embarrassing losses. Earlier this month Nebraska parted ways with athletics director Steve Pederson, who hired Callahan almost four years ago.

That instability has given many of Nebraska's commitments pause. Gray said he believes that recruiting class might start to fracture.

"My guess is that guys start de-committing," Gray said. "That's going to change everything. I want to do what's best for me and I know some guys where Nebraska isn't the best spot for them. You've got to face reality."

The truth at Notre Dame is Gray could join a recruiting class already ranked No. 1 on Rivals.com, a fact not lost on the high school back.

"When it's a good class with good quality people coming in you sense security with a good offensive line, good quarterback and good defense," Gray said. "People want to play with good players because that makes your level go up that much higher."

Freshmen Jimmy Clausen and Mike Ragone hosted Gray on his Notre Dame visit, which included time spent with recent commitment Michael Floyd.

Gray picked out the Irish for Floyd before the four-star receiver broke the news.

"I said to him that I've been to Notre Dame a lot and I can tell automatically how someone is feeling about a school just by talking to them," Gray said. "I saw Mike with that Irish hat and the adidas jacket and told him that he was going to commit."

Gray also spent time with the other prospects on campus, plus freshmen Armando Allen, Andrew Nuss and Matt Romine.

"I knew all the players before," Gray said. "I clicked with them from the beginning."

Turns out Gray might click with them in the end too.
falling apart. Gray probably feels like an idiot after his comments to Demens at his announcement press conference. Hopefully we can snag either Robinson or Givens (if he decides to de-commit)
Team Wolverine
Arrington-Manningham-Matthews-Clemons-Hemingway-Savoy-Middleton-Conover

I like our shots at both Givens and Robinson. I can't see either sticking at NU. Too much is up in the air. I would prefer Robinson and hopefully he looks at where these 3 teams (NU, ND and Mich) are going and realizes that Michigan is going to stay at an elite level whereas the other 2 are struggling.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

Can't wait until Thursday night. First time hitting up Blacksburg and wanna see how loud Lane Stadium can get.
Team Wolverines​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"You don't call ******ed people ******s. Bad taste. You call your friends ******s."​

Quote:
October 23, 2007

Pete Sampson
IrishIllustrated.com Editor

Related Links:
Video: Gray highlightsVideo: More Gray highlights

Talk about it in The Four Horsemen Lounge
Charlie Weis hates to lose.

But the Notre Dame head coach knows how to frame defeat when it comes to recruiting if the past week has proven anything.

The day after the Irish were blasted 38-0 by archrival Southern California, Weis pulled a commitment from four-star wide receiver Michael Floyd. A day later Weis and his recruiting staff were at it again, this time landing four-star running back Jonas Gray.

The 5-foot-10, 213-pound athlete from Detroit Country Day made his decision on Monday night, giving a pledge to defensive coordinator Corwin Brown over the phone. It was Brown that maintained ties with Gray even after the Rivals100 prospect committed to Nebraska in early August. And it was Brown that convinced Gray to officially visit South Bend for the USC game. Now Brown will visit Gray later this week.

"Yeah, I committed," Gray said.

Gray becomes the 21st verbal commitment in Notre Dame's recruiting class, a group already ranked No. 1 by Rivals.com before the running back's addition.

"Jonas is a tough, durable back that's got the ability to carry the ball 15, 20 times a game," said Rivals.com analyst Jeremy Crabtree. "He also can surprise you with his home run ability. He's a lot faster than you might think. He's also a great leader that players look up to."

The Irish could sign a full complement of 25 prospects next February with top targets such as Trevor Robinson, Kenneth Page, Jonathan Baldwin, Deion Walker and Gerell Robinson remaining on the board.

Barring a rash of unexpected reversals, Weis' third full class will rank as his best. The hauls signed in 2006 and 2007 each ranked eighth nationally according to Rivals.com.

Notre Dame won't challenge for a national championship this season at 1-7 heading into its bye weekend, but off the field Weis has helped return the Irish to elite status. Commitments from Floyd and Gray this week will only help Notre Dame stay there.
Team Wolverine
Arrington-Manningham-Matthews-Clemons-Hemingway-Savoy-Middleton-Conover

Jonas is a greedy SOB. Plus, he is barely a Top 10 talent in the state's senior class. Perry, Smith, Boubacar, ONeill, Demens, Ingram, Burrell are all better than this kid. He is Grady-lite with more speed but A LOT less production aganst inferior competition. He was begging and begging and begging and begging for an offer to Michigan only to bounce to NU. Michigan had McGuffie as option 1,2 and 3. Then his buddy Kenny Demens gets his offer and jumps on it. Smart man. Jonas is an attention hog. ND has a very impressive class but once again gets a guy that is right in the mix with all the other backs just like him. NON GAMEBREAKERS.

Jonas is the 5th best back in Michigan regardless of class. Caper, Baker, Jackson and Ingram are all better than him.

ND fans, this is not a flame, but Jonas is just not a Top 100 player. But be happy that you added another good option for Jabba to try and get production out of. Things could get alot better for you guys with these type of players.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

This N' Fat Phil trying to steal one of our commits.....Terrance Parks, dude played with EB last year..
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES

Back
Top Bottom