Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This raises an interesting point. Is someone like Idris Elba considered black excellent with his prominence in Hollywood despite not having the American black experience? Are Carribean immigrants like Rihanna held under the same light as well?

There's definitely a clear distinction between those who have been here for generations.

Black excellent is simply a catch phrase. Being black american is your lineage. Marcus Garvey wasn't black american either and to this day black americans praise him.

What is even more hilarious to me in this whole thing is that Drake actually admitted that the Sicko Mode verse was directed at Kanye... the #contentkings strike again :lol: :lol:

Mans is on verses talking about pulling imaginary drive by's in Calabases and doing physical harm to Kanye of all people.... and then wants to play victim mode and "the bigger man" role when it comes to Push

you see it

dude a whole woman

some of them verses hit though

E56FC48D-AAEB-4224-B56C-E3C2C111AB99.png

This raises an interesting point. Is someone like Idris Elba considered black excellent with his prominence in Hollywood despite not having the American black experience? Are Carribean immigrants like Rihanna held under the same light as well?

There's definitely a clear distinction between those who have been here for generations.

a few things with this. The first being "black excellence" is subjective as **** and is something thrown around whenever one black person has an affinity towards another.

I think someone like Rihanna or Idris will get that embrace easier because west indian culture is still very prominent in black american culture in itself & they they aren't racially ambiguous.

Drake on the other hand has made it known he's half jewish and in certain spots seems like he's somewhat of an outsider who fell in love with the culture rather then being raised in it.

:lol:

No. He just takes from them, everything from bars/lines to dance moves and "catch phrases". He took " the 6" from a yute from here.

These yutes are warring with each other here and killing each other (obviously not on the scale of cities lile chicago/bmore/detroit etc) but regardless people are dying and he doesnt speak on it. Hes a goof, always has been and always will be if you ask me. He alligned himself with certain blocks for protection so he could move around without worrying about his chain getting yapped like it did so.many years ago.

I remember when one of them Somalian ****** he co-signed got hit up and dude made this sentimental speech about "lights being extinguished early" in the city and the typical "let's do better" talk...then on his album...he talking about how his "malis pop ******" :lol: :smh:

A bunch of you all really better off saying that you flat out hate the ***** rather than using the things stated in an interview to justify why you don’t rock with him. You’re already speaking from a biased perspective.

you can tell ****** didn’t watch the interview and don’t care too just going to run with the clips and bias. Actually the best interview he’s ever done and more in depth on each topic than I thought he would.

Aint nobody real gave that lame no 2 f’n hours.

5 mins of GLARING sucka s*** is more than enough to confirm what we already knew.

i just had to click when the headline was in reference to his blackness or in this case, lack there of.

KNEW he’d tell on himself somehow. Sometimes the best thing you can do is just let people talk.

Last edited:
To me, growing up with the convo being Jay or Nas.... two extremely authentic rappers, it’s just odd to see people saying Drake is even in the top 5 convo when he doesn’t write his own raps, he is as fake as they come, he’s cotton ball soft, he only raps half the time, yet this is who the new generation wants to crown?

The same people who crown him are the same people who say “Pusha took it too far”

ummm , hello, have you ever heard of “Hit Em Up” by 2pac?

Didnt watch the interview, dont care to.

We from the same city, i know what this dudes all about. The facade/front he puts up might fool people that arent from here but if you from here you know whats up

I mean had a man tell me back in like 09 young tony aka hush writes for aubrey...

What is even more hilarious to me in this whole thing is that Drake actually admitted that the Sicko Mode verse was directed at Kanye... the #contentkings strike again :lol: :lol:

Mans is on verses talking about pulling imaginary drive by's in Calabases and doing physical harm to Kanye of all people.... and then wants to play victim mode and "the bigger man" role when it comes to Push
Hurt my heart to see Ye on Twitter petrified b/c of Drake of all ppl.

Also, if we are going to talk sales, Eminem still sells, but nobody on NT (or almost nobody) is still listening to Eminem in 2019. Sales do not equal quality.

Hurt my heart to see Ye on Twitter petrified b/c of Drake of all ppl.

:lol: :lol: Like Ye my dude but sitting here being worried about Drake threats is wild... like ***** you ain't QM ain't no ***** in their right mind gonna run up on you in Calabasses

That's nother reason why i've always **** with Ye, if it's one thing he never tried to be or wanted for was the image of appearing tough/gangster... which considering the Era he blew up in & the type of cats he had on his record label is kind of commendable.

Let Drake have been running around with ties to a bunch of wild Philly ****** & Chicago cats & see how greay he would be talking on & off record.

"I'm not beefing with Beans man..... that ***** don't give a **** man" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"I'm not gangsta, i'm not gay either... don't disrespect me as a ****in man" :rofl:

you can tell ****** didn’t watch the interview and don’t care too just going to run with the clips and bias. Actually the best interview he’s ever done and more in depth on each topic than I thought he would.

And being biased in the other direction is....

Some of y’all for real hate watched a 2 hour interview. That’s what’s being lost in all this

:lol:

So should we watch or just comment from clips? I'm confused at your point.

:lol: :lol: Like Ye my dude but sitting here being worried about Drake threats is wild... like ***** you ain't QM ain't no ***** in their right mind gonna run up on you in Calabasses

That's nother reason why i've always **** with Ye, if it's one thing he never tried to be or wanted for was the image of appearing tough/gangster... which considering the Era he blew up in & the type of cats he had on his record label is kind of commendable.

Let Drake have been running around with ties to a bunch of wild Philly *****s & Chicago cats & see how greay he would be talking on & off record.

"I'm not beefing with Beans man..... that ***** don't give a **** man" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"I'm not gangsta, i'm not gay either... don't disrespect me as a ****in man" :rofl:

Real talk, having a family changes people. You get extra noid and super protective. So a young man with no one to live for but himself will be bold enough to tell you to **** off but that same man with a family? He's going to take calculated risks. Some may still wild out, but best believe they are extra aware of what's going on around them.

My thing is how can Drake say early in the interview that he doesn't listen to Pusha anymore cause he doesn't "believe him and isn't authentic" then later on in the interview say that Ross is his OG, mentor, and one of his favorite artists ever.

That's one helluva contradiction and this is coming from a big Ross fan lol

Let Drake have been running around with ties to a bunch of wild Philly *****s & Chicago cats & see how greay he would be talking on & off record.

:lol: I watched so many times when I younger and I thought of this when he was Twitter being a chickensh*t. He went from respectfully standing his ground against Beans when was the “Broad St Bully” to twitter ranting about being scared for his life b/c of Drake’s demon emoji’s.

Man if he don’t smack the sh*t outta Drake :smh::rofl:.

My thing is how can Drake say early in the interview that he doesn't listen to Pusha anymore cause he doesn't "believe him and isn't authentic" then later on in the interview say that Ross is his OG, mentor, and one of his favorite artists ever.

That's one helluva contradiction and this is coming from a big Ross fan lol
Somebody take the bait. I’m tryna laugh.
1577390237090.gif

Back
Top Bottom