Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The funniest part about this whole "beef" is how casually & unbothered Pusha T reacts to it everytime it's brought up.

No anger, no passive aggressive shots... just pure laughter everytime it's brought up & i think that plays a major part in how it's portrayed.

its arguably the biggest look he’s gotten, he went to sit with Joe for 3 hours to talk about it

its arguably the biggest look he’s gotten, he went to sit with Joe for 3 hours to talk about it

Biggest look in terms of what... I would think being half of one of the greatest groups ever, Countless songs with Pharrell, Countless songs with Kanye, collabs with almost every hiphop legend around would account for something :lol:

It might be the biggest look he's gotten from kids who post Owl's under comment sections.... but something tells me Pusha doesn't give two ****s about it. :lol:

Meanwhile it's been damn near two years and dude is so frustrated about the bars that he "claims" he wanted physical harm done to Pusha... Imagine feeling like that about someone and this dude is snickering about your death in battle on Joe's pod & opening Ramen bars in his spare time

Shoutout Nigo for causing all this calamity though.

1577398271996.png

1577398284261.png

1577398345344.png

Last edited:
Biggest look in terms of what... I would think being half of one of the greatest groups ever, Countless songs with Pharrell, Countless songs with Kanye, collabs with almost every hiphop legend around would account for something :lol:

It might be the biggest look he's gotten from kids who post Owl's under comment sections.... but something tells me Pusha doesn't give two ****s about it. :lol:

Meanwhile it's been damn near two years and dude is so frustrated about the bars that he "claims" he wanted physical harm done to Pusha... Imagine feeling like that about someone and this dude is snickering about your death in battle on Joe's pod & opening Ramen bars in his spare time

i dont keep up with him so maybe you know more, but i havent seen him so active and interviewing at so many outlets (in terms of his own music/career), until this beef, he’s way more known now and he’s been around for quite a while. Attached to the biggest artist in the game before Drake came (Kanye) and beefed with the other biggest artist in the game before Drake (wayne)

This full Cam interview good so far. Never heard him talk about his father before. Crazy he posts pics of his dad just to piss his mom off. Hahahahaha

Cam said he’s still uncomfortable looking at the Confessions of Fire cover, said that’s what they wanted him to do.

I picked up a ride once, shorty was telling me shes an RMT and aubs used to go to the place she worked at. She told me how all the young chicks would lose their mind, but when she spoke to him while giving the massage she realized how much of a dweeb he is. Told me after bout the 2nd or 3rd session she stopped talking :lol:

This full Cam interview good so far. Never heard him talk about his father before. Crazy he posts pics of his dad just to piss his mom off. Hahahahaha

Cam said he’s still uncomfortable looking at the Confessions of Fire cover, said that’s what they wanted him to do.
wheres the interview???
link me
:nerd:

wheres the interview???
link me
:nerd:

***** said they gonna blow it, super no homo pause. Hahahahaha

Cam said that Un was in his here like yo your man trying to charge 30K for the video. That’s coming out of your money.

He finally talks a little more about what happened with him and Mase. So Mase got 2 mil for that Harlem World album and label, he gave everyone 10K. Cam thought that was weak and stopped ****in with him.

Confessions was 98, Harlem World group album was early 99. Kinda interesting what he’s saying.

Cam getting drunk and listening to Shook Ones and getting hype and smashing a bottle over someone head and then getting kicked out of school for it. Hahahahaha

Last edited:

***** said they gonna blow it, super no homo pause. Hahahahaha

Cam said that Un was in his here like yo your man trying to charge 30K for the video. That’s coming out of your money.

Cam lives like five min from me in Lodi,NJ. Nice house in a regular neighborhood with his Audi R8 outside. He’s basically a celebrity who acts like a regular dude.

Also.....*****s in here LOVE to hate Drake :lol:. Keep it a buck. It is what it is. And it’s multi faceted. Some warranted, some unwarranted. But their are def sides...and people rush to em and form opinions without getting the full context.

I listened to Drakes segment where he discussed essentially, not feeling fully embraced by black culture....and his response had some truth to it. I appreciate he could recognize and interject part of the reason why this is....because he doesn’t really tackle real black issues in his music. And some other ****. Cole and Drake come from the same racial dynamic...but are viewed differently on the surface in black culture for varying reasons. Drake fighting the soft, child actor, suburban, halftime singer label from Canada from the get go. While Cole got to come in as a Jay Z protege with Nas-esque sensibilities and humble beginnings persona.

On the converse....Drake benefits from his racial ambiguity with middle easterners, Latin, southeast Asian and other worldly cultures (with is true to his background in Toronto and the diversity there now that I think about it). Part of it is he doesn’t lean into Black issues, and is safe.

Really would make for a good discussion. That won’t happen here tho :lol:.

Also.....*****s in here LOVE to hate Drake :lol:. Keep it a buck. It is what it is. And it’s multi faceted. Some warranted, some unwarranted. But their are def sides...and people rush to em and form opinions without getting the full context.

I listened to Drakes segment where he discussed essentially, not feeling fully embraced by black culture....and his response had some truth to it. I appreciate he could recognize and interject part of the reason why this is....because he doesn’t really tackle real black issues in his music. And some other ****. Cole and Drake come from the same racial dynamic...but are viewed differently on the surface in black culture for varying reasons. Drake fighting the soft, child actor, suburban, halftime singer label from Canada from the get go. While Cole got to come in as a Jay Z protege with Nas-esque sensibilities and humble beginnings persona.

On the converse....Drake benefits from his racial ambiguity with middle easterners, Latin, southeast Asian and other worldly cultures (with is true to his background in Toronto and the diversity there now that I think about it). Part of it is he doesn’t lean into Black issues, and is safe.

Really would make for a good discussion. That won’t happen here tho :lol:.
yeeeeah but that ***** still black
he got music i like
some i dont
its whatever though

Crazy thinking about Un Rivera. He played a big role in Junior Mafia and Lil Kim’s first albums with Atlantic, his team was Undeas. Then got his own deal with Epic later which was Untertainment and that was Cam and Charli Baltimore debut albums. Who else was on Un or did they shut it down just off those two albums?

I picked up a ride once, shorty was telling me shes an RMT and aubs used to go to the place she worked at. She told me how all the young chicks would lose their mind, but when she spoke to him while giving the massage she realized how much of a dweeb he is. Told me after bout the 2nd or 3rd session she stopped talking :lol:

yea becoming rich/famous most times just amplifies who you already were so thats understandable

some people just seem way too invested in his (or many artists’) character, social media has opened that up for us

Crazy thinking about Un Rivera. He played a big role in Junior Mafia and Lil Kim’s first albums with Atlantic, his team was Undeas. Then got his own deal with Epic later which was Untertainment and that was Cam and Charli Baltimore debut albums. Who else was on Un or did they shut it down just off those two albums?
Was hilarious when cam clowned Jay for stabbing Un over Charlie Baltimore

This is pretty much it. He looks like an Arabian Pro Wrestler ever since he got that beard and the Dr. Miami stimulus package and because of that (and even up until that point in like 2016) all those racial groups you named loved him because they sorta saw themselves in him/lived vicariously thru him. Drake is the first rapper that they can subconsciously relate to like that, even if it's only off appearance; along with all the other **** Drake made okay lol.

If he was super pro black and always speaking on black issues, that dynamic is changed. He has to pick who he's really talking to.

On the flip side when you put it into perspective, he's probably the first since Bad-era Michael to have that worldwide and almost 'race-less' reach. But the flipside of that is not really being looked at as a "black" artist, which Michael didn't have to deal with because no matter how wild he began to look, a large portion of black people had memories of him as a kid with the afro and bell pepper nose up til Thriller era; he had 15-20 years of being ingrained in "our" culture.

Where's the girl from What Means the World to You, where she at? I don't know

What's up with 40 Cal? I don't know, I haven't spoken to him. Hope he's good.

Yo 40 was nice, 40 and JR had bars.

Back
Top Bottom