Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ross book is dope , lot of stuff I didn’t know . Recent stuff like Jay the one who got the girls to do the “maybach music” drop , he got Kanye to bring pusha in for MBDTF and then eventually sign him , etc.

I really don't get what people take away from dudes like Wallo and Gary Vee, man. They just be saying **** that we all know. You gotta work hard and don't get down on yourself. Got it.:lol:

The show kinda corny to me for real. Liked it at first...soured on it, as it went on.

Shakeim Moore doing a good job playing Raekwon tho.
Maybe it's the fact that he's so recognizable to me, but his performance is killing me.

Like you said, I was in for the first episode...second half of the second episode started feeling amateur to me.

Yeah dude playing RZA grinds my ****ing gears man. If overacting is a thing...he's mastered it.
I dont know if its what the role calls for or if hes just being himself but he comes off as inept as **** in everything Ive ever seen him in. Their was this one HBO film he did where I wanted to strangle him afterwards. That **** during the fire was inexcusable

Ross book is dope , lot of stuff I didn’t know . Recent stuff like Jay the one who got the girls to do the “maybach music” drop , he got Kanye to bring pusha in for MBDTF and then eventually sign him , etc.

I heard it was a good read. It came in the mail yesterday. Will probably start it this evening.

ive heard him tell that maybach music story differently before
and it didnt involve jay z
also the girl told the story in a magazine and was different as well
was completely different than any of those stories
my takeaway
ross be lyin
good rapper
but he be lyin

ive heard him tell that maybach music story differently before
and it didnt involve jay z
also the girl told the story in a magazine and was different as well
was completely different than any of those stories
my takeaway
ross be lyin
good rapper
but he be lyin

In the book he said jay was in a separate studio and the 2 model chicks was there . They were just playing around and did the “what is this maybach music “ and Hov sent it to him

Also Ross definitely still hates 50 cent lol. Finished the book and definitely entertaining

In the book he said jay was in a separate studio and the 2 model chicks was there . They were just playing around and did the “what is this maybach music “ and Hov sent it to him
yeah not the story he has told before
also not the story the actual model told
i actually used to follow her on ig
she like austrailian
and u can tell has some asian in her

The Maybach Music Girl aka Jessica Gomes Talks Recording Her Famous Drop
January 16, 2012 - 6:07 pm by VIBE Staff

Last Week, Complex identified the voice behind Maybach Music Group's famous drop as supermodel Jessica Gomes. The Australian beauty has now opened up about how her angelic voice became Rick Ross' signature drop. (via UHTN)

Global Grind: The first time people heard it was on “Maybach Music” with Jay-Z.

Gomez: Right, Jay-Z and Rick Ross. It was at the beginning of the track. It was another girl talking and then she says, 'What is this?’ and I say 'It’s Maybach music' and then we both say 'I like this Maybach music.' And we both go 'Sweet.'

How did that come about?

We were just hanging out with friends in the studio and then it just happened. We got behind the mic, started talking and that was it, really. They decided to put it in their song and nothing came about.

But now everyone’s using my part where I say “Maybach Music.” Even A-Trak, who’s a friend of mine, the DJ, asked 'Have you heard this song?' And I said 'No.'

I haven’t been living in New York for the past year and a half. I’ve been living back in Australia, but now I’m living in L.A. It evolved into something really big. I didn’t expect it to be like this. It was having fun and mucking around, really.

It’s amazing that it’s just getting out now that you’re the Maybach Music girl. Did you identify yourself?

No, I have no idea. The only time it was brought up was a couple of months ago when me and a friend of mind were chatting. I asked: 'Is this the Rick Ross, Jay-Z song?' And he was like 'No, it’s a different one.'

So how does one find herself in Rick Ross’ studio?

(Laughs). Well, we were just all friends. I was friends of friends with Jay. We were all hanging out and they were just like, 'Wow, we love your accent. We love your voice. Why don’t you say something and we’ll record it.' That was seriously it.

Read the full interview at GlobalGrind

jessica-gomez-hot-spicy-bikini-716x975.jpg

Back
Top Bottom