Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

yeah not the story he has told before
also not the story the actual model told
i actually used to follow her on ig
she like austrailian
and u can tell has some asian in her

The Maybach Music Girl aka Jessica Gomes Talks Recording Her Famous Drop
January 16, 2012 - 6:07 pm by VIBE Staff

Last Week, Complex identified the voice behind Maybach Music Group's famous drop as supermodel Jessica Gomes. The Australian beauty has now opened up about how her angelic voice became Rick Ross' signature drop. (via UHTN)

Global Grind: The first time people heard it was on “Maybach Music” with Jay-Z.

Gomez: Right, Jay-Z and Rick Ross. It was at the beginning of the track. It was another girl talking and then she says, 'What is this?’ and I say 'It’s Maybach music' and then we both say 'I like this Maybach music.' And we both go 'Sweet.'

How did that come about?

We were just hanging out with friends in the studio and then it just happened. We got behind the mic, started talking and that was it, really. They decided to put it in their song and nothing came about.

But now everyone’s using my part where I say “Maybach Music.” Even A-Trak, who’s a friend of mine, the DJ, asked 'Have you heard this song?' And I said 'No.'

I haven’t been living in New York for the past year and a half. I’ve been living back in Australia, but now I’m living in L.A. It evolved into something really big. I didn’t expect it to be like this. It was having fun and mucking around, really.

It’s amazing that it’s just getting out now that you’re the Maybach Music girl. Did you identify yourself?

No, I have no idea. The only time it was brought up was a couple of months ago when me and a friend of mind were chatting. I asked: 'Is this the Rick Ross, Jay-Z song?' And he was like 'No, it’s a different one.'

So how does one find herself in Rick Ross’ studio?

(Laughs). Well, we were just all friends. I was friends of friends with Jay. We were all hanging out and they were just like, 'Wow, we love your accent. We love your voice. Why don’t you say something and we’ll record it.' That was seriously it.

Read the full interview at GlobalGrind

jessica-gomez-hot-spicy-bikini-716x975.jpg

Yeah this pretty much the exact same story he told in the book lol, maybe I worded something wrong in my quote lol

Over a lot of weed and trying to fly it across state lines. :smh:

“Davis was arrested last Sunday in the cargo hold of a plane that agents say had over 440 pounds of marijuana inside.”

Him and his codefendants can’t divvy up the charges??

Nah. More than one person admitting knowledge of the weed makes it a conspiracy, so everyone involved in the conspiracy would get the same sentence.

Florida ****** and Cali ****** never stopped wearing em.

All they did was slim them ****s up a lil. All this fashion **** come full circle. Jerseys, dickies, certain brands

Af1 is timeless tho, you know this.

Kinda yes, and kinda no. There was a time in my city around ‘05-11 where you’d be clowned for rocking forces. And not just the black ones. But all of them. Went from the slick ***** shoe, to dusty ***** shoe, and now back to the slick ***** shoe again. Cyclical. Kinda the Same with timbs here during that era when it was Nike Boots or Rockports. Kanye made timbs with slimmer jeans look cool again when the shift happened. A$AP & them re-energized forces around ‘11-12.

Kinda yes, and kinda no. There was a time in my city around ‘05-11 where you’d be clowned for rocking forces. And not just the black ones. But all of them. Went from the slick ***** shoe, to dusty ***** shoe, and now back to the slick ***** shoe again. Cyclical. Kinda the Same with timbs here during that era when it was Nike Boots or Rockports. Kanye made timbs with slimmer jeans look cool again when the shift happened. A$AP & them re-energized forces around ‘11-12.

Always found that wild when you mention that considering bmore was so influential in the popularity of af1

I guess for me it's cuz af1 was the shoe that started this whole sneaker thing for me.

Florida *****s and Cali *****s never stopped wearing em.

All they did was slim them ****s up a lil. All this fashion **** come full circle. Jerseys, dickies, certain brands
Still throw on a pair khakis and a pro club. It’s a lifestyle out here in Cali not a trend

Back
Top Bottom