Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Who's the new/modern Suge Knight, Top Dawg or Wack100?

TDE is the dominant west coast label now like Death Row was. Both are bloods, both are big and black.

I think you don't see it is because Suge was on magazine covers and on the Source Awards etc. Most ppl don't even know how Top Dawg looks like while everyone knew Suge was that big dude in the big red suit

You're 12 my G?

Man just think how big that load had to be to offset the cost of the private jet and still make a profit big enough to make that type of move worth it.

Suge was very rich and powerful during his peak, not talking about current day 50 year old Suge. Suge was an imposing 6'3 and 330 lbs in the 90s, Top Dawg is 6'1 with a bulky build as well. He's built TDE into the top label on the west coast, maybe the most self sufficient label besides Strange Music and ICP's infrastructure. He has the top west coast hip hop artist under him in Kendrick just like Suge had in Pac

Who the hell wants to be Suge Knight? :lol:

Suge was very rich and powerful during his peak, not talking about current day 50 year old Suge. Suge was an imposing 6'3 and 330 lbs in the 90s, Top Dawg is 6'1 with a bulky build as well. He's built TDE into the top label on the west coast, maybe the most self sufficient label besides Strange Music and ICP's infrastructure. He has the top west coast hip hop artist under him in Kendrick just like Suge had in Pac

As you said, he was those things, so my question stands. I don’t believe any successful boss at the helm of a hip hop powerhouse is using Suge as a reference point on how they ought to make their moves. There’s a lot more money to be made in the music industry today than there was 20 years ago. Most cats aren’t playing that rah rah **** that Suge was on.

You got it backwards man, Death Row is bigger than what any of these new dudes have done. This new era doesnt even have any hip hop moguls besides Top Dawg really. Not any without a Jewish Daddy anyways, Suge was an independent powerful black mogul that went against Jimmy Iovine, had Iovine so afraid he was riding in double armored Navigators with a whole security detail etc. The Jewish powers had to make sure Suge was out just like the other powerful black moguls that didn't want to have a Jewish Daddy. That's why currently the 3 about to become billionaires all have their own Jewish Daddies, you can't seperate Dre from Jimmy Iovine, Jayz from Lyor Cohen, Puff's jewish daddy is Clive Davis. The Suges and Dames that didn't want to submit ti these old jewish men were left out

As you said, he was those things, so my question stands. I don’t believe any successful boss at the helm of a hip hop powerhouse is using Suge as a reference point on how they ought to make their moves. There’s a lot more money to be made in the music industry today than there was 20 years ago. Most cats aren’t playing that rah rah **** that Suge was on.

New Cole, Kanye, Cudi and Drake....

32EFEEAD-D786-4C00-B26C-1084FA3BF3F0.gif

Wake me up when Future, Youngboy or Lil Baby drop :pimp:

No moguls besides Top? :wow:

I take it you haven’t kept an eye on the moves the P and Coach K have been making.

And this is the era where artists are on that independence wave. Suge was raping Pac’s and Snoop’s pockets. There is so little use for a lable today as they existed in 1994.

The point remains that Suge isn’t being used as a benchmark of what a hip hop mogul ought to be. All those fear tactics not necessary anymore because these rappers and their teams are moving considerably smarter than their predecessors.

Yea is the goat. He finessed his fans to fill up an auditorium and wait two hours just for him to show a 5 minute video

Back
Top Bottom