Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

She wanna be freeeeeee

Jim Jones was really going in with his Jay-Z and Max B clones during that period :lol: I do mess with some Sen City stuff though

Me never hearing Youngboy tracks in years
IMG_2258.gif

Here comes a new generation of Lupe Jrs with super extended metaphors :lol:

We are going to have to accept the role AI will play in music. I’m not too mad at this tool. At least with this an artist can’t rely solely on prompts. They still have to input their ideas/bars and piece together a verse based on what the outputs are.

This was a cool *** video to start but I ain’t realize through halfway thru they were talking about building some type of AI rap lyric creation app. Definitely interesting times and interesting Lupe is the one to co sign it

One of the things regarding Utopia I’ve been hearing seeing over and over is “people are afraid of AI rappers when we already have Travis Scott” lol

For the record Gunna still had Turbo and a few other solid producers on his album. All credit due for no features but he was still plugged in on production just not the usual suspects like metro, wheezy and Atl Jacob.

I guess the youngins rock with NBA the way I used to rock with new Wayne mixtapes dropping every month circa 05-08.

Drama gets all the love but Southern Smoke was the mixtapes to plug you into what was poppin in the south if you didn’t live in GA, LA, TX, TN or FL at that time.

Man Envy gonna have to cop a plea and snitch on his man's.

25 to 100 million is definitely enough for people to be after you for years. They were bugging.

I guess the youngins rock with NBA the way I used to rock with new Wayne mixtapes dropping every month circa 05-08.

Drama gets all the love but Southern Smoke was the mixtapes to plug you into what was poppin in the south if you didn’t live in GA, LA, TX, TN or FL at that time.

evil empire trapaholics southern smoke

That whole 06-2010/2011 ish mixtape culture needs a documentary. I saw Paramount doing a movie on mixtapes that’s finna drop. But specifically we need one on southern mixtape culture like those states you named. To me it seems like that started the weekly appetite for new mixtapes fans have to this day. Someone in here did a great breakdown a week or so ago on how that era killed ****** like Beans off lol

Back
Top Bottom