Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Hov really won

Honestly, about once a month, I think how amazing it is Jay didn't slap the taste out of Solange in that elevator. Not saying he would have been right to do so...or that it would have been defendable. Just the opposite in fact...if he does that his run ends right there.

But to have had thet self control? Man...and yeah, I know...one of the first lessons a man is taught is dont hit a woman. Hearing lessons is one thing, applying them is another. Fight or flight is a real human reaction. And he didn't flight in that situation.

It was good enough to be posted again.

I ain't gonna lie...the deadness while Anita was playing vs how hips got to swaying with the mix kicked in was eye opening, dope and sad all at once. Them chicks was happy to hear some base and a drum kit.
Read the caption. That's the part 2.

Meek still got talent, but his antics over the past few years have overshadowed what he can do musically.

Crazy, but that’s the same thing that happened to Wale (who has gone radio silent and hasn’t released a project since 2021 iirc).

Crazy to think where MMG was 10 or 12 years ago and where MMG is now.

Larry June - The Great Escape
Roc Marciano - Elephant Man’s Bones
Killer Mike - Michael

All were cohesive, well put together. Tastes may vary of course.

Honorable mention to Kaytranada and Aminé, I enjoyed that album way more than I expected when listening on a whim.

I'm just ready for someone to make a nice, cohesive, versatile project with some replay value. Something is definitely missing in hip hop right now. All I do is take good songs from each project and make my own playlist 😕
They got some good projects out lately but none of them been “big names” …Babyface Ray, Veeze, Don Tolliver, Hit Boy, CEO Trayle etc

But yea mainstream ain’t it right now but but that’s the beauty of streaming, can find whatever you want with a couple taps/clicks

Back
Top Bottom