• NikeTalk will be offline for a system update tonight, beginning at 4 AM ET. We'll return at approximately 6 AM ET with a performance upgrade and some additional features. Thank you for your patience!

Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I **** with Future hard but as far as rapping I still don't look at him as a rapper. He makes harmonize trap and trap/R&B. Super talented but I'm not listening to him for bars and **** like that. That ain't his lane.

I get that he's authentic, but as far as music goes, I will never understand the hype for his music. It seems like the perception took a 180 since he sold his tape for $100 and Jay Z bought 1000 of them.
Probably just ain't for you. Nipsey makes motivational hustler music. A lot of substance and game and his ear for beats is great.

**** crazy how Joey B4Daa$$ been around for 7 years now. Remember bumping him omw to class in my whip on memorial drive to tuner field, thinking shorty was gon be the goat

:lol:. Damn. Good times. I’m washed :smh:

young thug came thru with one of the wackiest verses on Rondo...."I wear 12 different colors like a sissy" :smh:
Don't understand how this Mfer keep getting all these passes like this. I would beat my son *** if I caught him listening to this dude music

Only thing I didn't care about Joeys first tape is the fact that he had his squad on every track. Kinda ruined the flow for me :lol:

yea Kendrick did that remix no justice, was tryna ride the wave

to be honest Mask Off wasn't even the best song on the project, so many more joints on there that shoulda taken off

Bruh you cannot hate Future then say Rich has talent... Explain. :lol:

I only disliked Future when he made ignorant songs like “S***” and tried to mumble, instead of being lyrical. I listen to some of his stuff now.

Oh, and when he downplayed the fact that he didn’t need a stylist. Other than that, he cool. I might’ve under estimated him, before

Mask Off was a wave on the scene last Spring and Summer. Sure there were better tracks off that first album, but I can never slander it. It was “the one” to go and it did its job. And speaking of that album, it never got its just due. Joint still has replay value to this day.

Anticipating this new project tho :smokin

Both projects were good, it just got overshadowed by the Mask Off hype, some people ain’t even know Future had 2 albums out, good ones too.

Good to see he’s learned to do music videos while the iron is still hot rather than months later when the project has been forgotten about. Son dropped a video to Jugg King like 6 months after the tape dropped. Completely missed the song’s momentum during the summer. :lol:

Mask Off was a wave on the scene last Spring and Summer. Sure there were better tracks off that first album, but I can never slander it. It was “the one” to go and it did its job. And speaking of that album, it never got its just due. Joint still has replay value to this day.

Anticipating this new project tho :smokin

“I was selling crack when Snoop dropped Juice & Jin
Run a one room shack with a million in the Den, FACTS”

Video of the year too. Dummy dropped a movie!

“The homie tried to plead insanity
Pray to God, take this energy
Turn around to positivity
When you servin' for an activity
Better learn about the history
I was touchin' work in elementary
Started cookin' work and skippin' chemistry
Then I started speakin' poetry
I just wish my dawg didn't ignore me
Told ya”

:pimp:

Future's raps be getting stale to me. For every line where he's showing he's "rapping" he drowns it out with tons of ridiculous lines that are really basic, simplistic. Not that it matters though, because to me his strength is making great rap records, not necessarily proving that he raps.

You wouldn't say that Super is getting busy with the raps on rent money (A personal favorite from Future), but to me this record is incredible.

I rock with Future and the sheer volume of great rap songs he has puts him in that first tier IMO with Kendrick, Drake, Cole but he doesn't come close to those guys as a rapper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom