Monster
Beast Mode
56 Nights
Ds2
Purple Reign
Future
HNDRXX
Suprer Slimey

Over the last few years?..... Different sounds, different production, on EACH project and all hitting. He don’t get the credit that he deserve. Other than Cole and Kendrick...Future been my favorite rapper post 2010’s. And his catalog right up there with both of them...and more consistent too.

Yo! Future >>>> Your favorite rapper right now

F77B4A0D-9E79-4D51-9E53-98EB6D1444FE.jpeg

We not bout to do this today

We know who the goat is

Honestly tho, I think this is more about what hiphop "media" has become moreso than Kendrick getting attention. Like dudes had a top 20 album for a YEAR, just released another Album he's all over that's been top 5 for a few weeks, Attached to one of the biggest films ever. Headlining World Tours, Festivals, Killing Award Shows. It's clear as day that in the past year & change he's gotten the most attention of any rapper out in the real world.

However what i've noticed is that With hiphop in the past few years we focus on one small & specific demo & treat it like it's the majority. This new forn of hiphop "media" gives an excessive amount of credit & attention to a specific portion of rap. That is relatively small in numbers & accolades but has so much visibility due to how that demographic uses social media & Viral moments.

Throughout the years we've seen the Names Like Thug, Yachty, Lil Pump, Tekashi & the list goes on & On.... These are guys who no doubt have a few Hot songs & a fanbase but people constantly make the mistake of giving them bigger status as "stars" because those guys & their fanbases dominate so much of the talk online.

However when you check the tangible things & look at other pockets of rap consumers, you quickly realize that These dudes aren't nearly as "impactful" as you think.

that’s a good point. I chalk most of that up to the times we’re in. Artists with antics get more attention than artists deserving of accolades because a lot of people are amused by the shenanigans. So the new hip hop media caters to that, capitalizing on the nonsense people want (ie akademiks) and giving minimal amount of acknowledgement to the cats really moving the genre forward.

Sidebar: let’s not ignore the fact that the homie Ty just said “Tekashi... no doubt has a few hot songs.” :lol:

What rapper has put out better projects than:

Monster
Beast Mode
56 Nights
Ds2
Purple Reign
Future
HNDRXX
Suprer Slimey

Over the last few years?..... Different sounds, different production, on EACH project and all hitting. He don’t get the credit that he deserve. Other than Cole and Kendrick...Future been my favorite rapper post 2010’s. And his catalog right up there with both of them...and more consistent too.

Kendrick, Kanye, Schoolboy Q, Cole over the Past 5 years... Also While I still Give A lot of those Future Projects burn until this day, It ain't like he's reinventing himself Every Project, Or Really changing much of his subject matter.

Also in this I forgot to Add Pusha T which has been on a 5 year murdering spree.

Last edited:
that’s a good point. I chalk most of that up to the times we’re in. Artists with antics get more attention than artists deserving of accolades because a lot of people are amused by the shenanigans. So the new hip hop media caters to that, capitalizing on the nonsense people want (ie akademiks) and giving minimal amount of acknowledgement to the cats really moving the genre forward.

Sidebar: let’s not ignore the fact that the homie Ty just said “Tekashi... no doubt has a few hot songs.” :lol:

Let's nip this **** in the bud RIGHT NOW :lol:. When I say Hot i mean by public perception. Only Songs i've heard from dude that i honestly spin is KeKe & On god that's For Fetty & A-Boogie.

SMFH I must admit I Do Like Rondo & it's ultra cringe worthy because it Includes another guy by the Name of Jeffery "SEX" Thug. This thread is deteriorating me slowly.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

This the same reaction we ALL had to Hit Em Up the first time we heard it. His reaction to "my 44 make sure all your kids don't grow" at 5:54...man I almost fell out my chair. :lol

:rofl:

Anyone denying that Drake got a helping hand from Future in 2015 is just delusional at this point.

If anything, it's the other way around. Drake just hopped on the hype train and took full advantage. People who listened to Future already know if they like Drake or not. Folks who listen to Drake may have came out wanting to check him out. Especially since he had all those other projects.

Since 2014 Krit, Kendrick and Nipsey have been the best rappers to me.

Future and Dolph been the best trap rappers.

I get that he's authentic, but as far as music goes, I will never understand the hype for his music. It seems like the perception took a 180 since he sold his tape for $100 and Jay Z bought 1000 of them.

Future ain’t just a “trap rapper”. He’s the best in the game. However you want it...he got it.

Street ****
Club ****
Deep ****
R&B ****

And that’s without a feature all from one man :lol. ***** have a really hard time just admitting that dude has consistently put out the best music recently. From aclaim, to sales, to billboards to “Hood luv”....he checks all the boxes nationwide.

Perception of him will never put him in that “category” (they’d rather put Big Sean or Logic there because of image)....but your favorite rappers including Kendrick and Drake been doing Future impersonations, remixes, tours and features with him.

He’s “the guy”.

“Hi Mr. Future,

Can I please hop on your AOTY as the only feature on “WYA” at the verylast minute in 2015....and ride your wave to a duet mixtape where I get washed by you, leading to a tour around the world while you put out better music than me....Please?

78E11B9D-6011-422C-80BA-3BB42E5D8BBD.jpeg

8B782CA5-2D34-48C2-80ED-5627CAE0F89D.jpeg

"Aubrey...err I mean Drake....err 6 God whatever they call you...thank you for taking me on the highest selling tour of my career. Thank you for my first platinum album...thank you for some of my most popular hits...thanks for giving me jump man even though you washed me on it. Thanks for carrying me on im the plug too (sometimes I blank out and iust repeat the same words over and over). Without you my career would have never catapulted into what it is today. Your'e such a charitable person"

01e95bfaed297b4ac000588f57fa711f.jpg

"you get a platnium album...you get a platinum album...everybody gets a platinum album!!!"

Let's nip this **** in the bud RIGHT NOW :lol:. When I say Hot i mean by public perception. Only Songs i've heard from dude that i honestly spin is KeKe & On god that's For Fetty & A-Boogie.

SMFH I must admit I Do Like Rondo & it's ultra cringe worthy because it Includes another guy by the Name of Jeffery "SEX" Thug. This thread is deteriorating me slowly.
giphy.gif

Gonna be bumping Kooda any day now. Lean into the skid bro :lol:

Back
Top Bottom