Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I'm Sure Hernandez "flame" will be over by End Of Summer the latest, unfortunately tho seeing the amount of attention he Got Another Troll Will be geared up & ready

There's J.Cole once again giving other people better beats and verses than he gives himself

Sleeeeeeeeeeeep

Rich got talent. And lowkey, a lot of dudes done bit off him, in some way, shape or fashion...

c'mon son, Rich The Kid and Ralo are in the same boat, dudes with terrible rap voices with appealing IGs. The beats they get would be better used on Young Scooter or something

Lmao 50 is hilarious

Cot damn 50 washed and 69 holding the crown
giphy.gif

Sleeeeeeeeeeeep

Rich got talent. And lowkey, a lot of dudes done bit off him, in some way, shape or fashion...

was he da cappadonna of da migos and just blew? i heard most his old raps, and 2 freezer basically comes together because he mastered da timing of his adlibs.

and what happened why isn't he signed to quality control?

Kendrick Still Got Two albums in the Top 20 & Damn Dropped nearly a year Ago. The Black Panther Been in the top 5 since the release. & More importantly both projects have been completely Fire as whole bodies of Work. This dude is on a heavy winning streak that isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Kendrick Still Got Two albums in the Top 20 & Damn Dropped nearly a year Ago. The Black Panther Been in the top 5 since the release. & More importantly both projects have been completely Fire as whole bodies of Work. This dude is on a heavy winning streak that isn't getting the attention it deserves.

The masses focus on drake and the cats doing dumb **** (ie 69, Rich the kid, etc). Kendrick isn’t out there with the antics, so when he drops, he gets his love and keeps it moving. The stuff it takes to get a tremendous amount of attention probably isn’t worth it to cats like him and the other people putting out quality music. Can’t say I blame him.

I’m really looking forward to see what happens with rap as a genre after all this present day ****.

Like madd kids, god willing, gonna wake up at 31 with face tattoos and possibly kidney problems looking stupid as ****

Last edited:
The masses focus on drake and the cats doing dumb **** (ie 69, Rich the kid, etc). Kendrick isn’t out there with the antics, so when he drops, he gets his love and keeps it moving. The stuff it takes to get a tremendous amount of attention probably isn’t worth it to cats like him and the other people putting out quality music. Can’t say I blame him.

I’m really looking forward to see what happens with rap as a genre after all this present day ****.

Like madd kids, god willing, gonna wake up at 31 with face tattoos and kidney problems looking stupid as ****

Honestly tho, I think this is more about what hiphop "media" has become moreso than Kendrick getting attention. Like dudes had a top 20 album for a YEAR, just released another Album he's all over that's been top 5 for a few weeks, Attached to one of the biggest films ever. Headlining World Tours, Festivals, Killing Award Shows. It's clear as day that in the past year & change he's gotten the most attention of any rapper out in the real world.

However what i've noticed is that With hiphop in the past few years we focus on one small & specific demo & treat it like it's the majority. This new forn of hiphop "media" gives an excessive amount of credit & attention to a specific portion of rap. That is relatively small in numbers & accolades but has so much visibility due to how that demographic uses social media & Viral moments.

Throughout the years we've seen the Names Like Thug, Yachty, Lil Pump, Tekashi & the list goes on & On.... These are guys who no doubt have a few Hot songs & a fanbase but people constantly make the mistake of giving them bigger status as "stars" because those guys & their fanbases dominate so much of the talk online.

However when you check the tangible things & look at other pockets of rap consumers, you quickly realize that These dudes aren't nearly as "impactful" as you think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom