Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Wayne got ZERO classics, he’s a bum and got writers.
5142A47E-D413-4273-A9B5-64AB23F701C5.jpeg

Carter 3 is the classic album to me. Tons of classic songs and singles as well.

Mixtape Wayne is where its at. Dedication and Drought series is legendary stuff.

Carter 3 is the classic album to me. Tons of classic songs and singles as well.

Mixtape Wayne is where is at. Dedication and Drought series is legendary stuff.
Carter 3 is trash
As said before
Numerous times
The leaks were better then the album
If he woulda just mixed
And mastered the leaks added like 4 songs
Like dr carter
Miss understood
Stuff like that and packaged it as carter 3
I wouldn’t have been mad

Yeah Carter 3 was weak man, **** just felt extra plastic and commercial to me especially after Carter 2, Dedication 1/2, Drought 3, etc

Once I heard A milli I knew it was over. It was like damn, they really ruined this _ album w the leaks :lol::smh:|l

That’s how I knew we lost Wayne. Lollipop was a gift and a curse. Great song....but the newfound fame he got at that C3 era pushed him into a lazy and super commercial state.

Always go back to this......I thought he’d follow the Tip/Ross lane at the time when he was spitting this.

“Original Gangsta, black clothes and bangas
Bullet shells in chambers, fill the L’s up
We stay low from the rangers
Cus they tryna tame us, but we brainless
And just think I’m one sellout record away from being famous
****, I guess I ain’t it

**** was weird to me how many people thought Lil Wayne was a “new artist”. That’s when it kinda hit me that as big as hip hop was/is at the time...it still had a ways to go.

A Milli was trash too. C1 & C2 stand with any album to me. Especially C1. Undeniable and underrated. Felt like you had to be “up” on it at the time....even though GO DJ was a hit.

Carter 3 is trash
As said before
Numerous times
The leaks were better then the album
If he woulda just mixed
And mastered the leaks added like 4 songs
Like dr carter
Miss understood
Stuff like that and packaged it as carter 3
I wouldn’t have been mad

Suffix is :pimp:
No one ever mentions it too
Never heard of the suffix, but as far as I can remember, it was a classic album. But I was also in the 7th or 8th grade at the time.
I probably shouldn't be so judgemental when it comes to music. If they sell me on a good brand and it sounds good, it's the "total package".

Was a big Wayne fan growing up, but seems like the music didn't translate well. Contrast to Jay, few songs and quotes here and there, but became a bigger fan as I got older.

Back
Top Bottom