Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I hate how regional and territorial rap can be. You never hear other genres like r&b or punk rock or whatever being regionalized. It’s a lot of dumb politics in hip hop culture.

been saying that for years

But isn’t this you…

725EA631-A8BA-43D8-9536-5403ED442B07.jpeg

Forgot you a Lil Tecca fan…. :lol:

It ain’t adding up 🤥🤧🤧

Nah give me my regional rap. I don’t care to hear somebody from Memphis sounding like they’re from LA or somebody from Houston sounding like they’re from Detroit
But that’s exactly what we been getting for years anyway. Desiigner sounding like Future but he’s from New York, Asap rapping over a Texas screw beat on everything’s purple when he first came out. Rocked with spaceghostpurrp who was making 3-6 mafia beats but from Florida. Tyler making Yonkers over a standard east coast boom bap beat. The whole rap game is mixed up but dudes wanna act like it’s still exclusive. You got New Yorkers using Chicago slang, Chicago gangs named after Atlanta rap labels and don’t get me started on how many east coast rappers that move out west and completely switch their style up. Regionalism been dead.

But that’s exactly what we been getting for years anyway. Desiigner sounding like Future but he’s from New York, Asap rapping over a Texas screw beat on everything’s purple when he first came out. Tyler making Yonkers over a standard east coast boom bap beat. The whole rap game is mixed up but dudes wanna act like it’s still exclusive. You got New Yorkers using Chicago slang, Chicago gangs named after Atlanta rap labels and don’t get me started on how many east coast rappers that move out west and completely switch their style up. Regionalism been dead.

It’s not completely tho…

The west coast STILL has its own thing. Memphis got its own sound. Texas still got it’s own sound. Detroit. Oakland. NYC drill is it’s own thing, Florida etc etc.

The internet for sure has killed regional things in alot of senses. I won’t dispute that, and I don’t like it. But there still are a lot of regional sounds bubbling and existing in their own ecosystems. They just under the surface…until the become mainstream, and every one bites them.
That’s the sad truth.

But isn’t this you…

725EA631-A8BA-43D8-9536-5403ED442B07.jpeg

Forgot you a Lil Tecca fan…. :lol:

It ain’t adding up 🤥🤧🤧

Because I post New York artist in the New York rap thread?

No wonder you listen to the stupid rap you do. :lol:

Yeah, every video I post in that thread, I'm a fan of their work...you're right, ****in Einstein

But that’s exactly what we been getting for years anyway. Desiigner sounding like Future but he’s from New York, Asap rapping over a Texas screw beat on everything’s purple when he first came out. Rocked with spaceghostpurrp who was making 3-6 mafia beats but from Florida. Tyler making Yonkers over a standard east coast boom bap beat. The whole rap game is mixed up but dudes wanna act like it’s still exclusive. You got New Yorkers using Chicago slang, Chicago gangs named after Atlanta rap labels and don’t get me started on how many east coast rappers that move out west and completely switch their style up. Regionalism been dead.
I think these are the only exceptions I’ve made cause the music is/was just undeniably good.

Yea me and my girl grabbed tickets literally today. Was debating between this show and ATL. At the bar right now prepping :lol:
Let me know how it is. My wife goes to a breezy show every time he comes (😒 😂) But he’s the best performer I’ve seen in person. Hope y’all enjoy.

I swear Atlanta crime foolery could be it’s own show on tv. A few weeks ago somebody got shot over too much mayo on a subway sandwich and the other day somebody got popped with a crossbow in NW. It’s like every shooting in Atlanta has a stupid story to go along with it.

***** thought he was putting people on game. Misinforming the public. U gotta add 09-14 dbco they started this new wave

They was the first Detroit rappers I heard of after Big Sean. That tape with Jeezy and YG

Then these guys and Icewear Vezzo. Which is why it’s surprising he’s still popping now or only got bigger cuz this was mid 2010’s

Back
Top Bottom