Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Screenshot_20220712-081539__01.jpg

Anybody with a brain knows Durk is next on the chopping block. If YSL is labeled a street gang what the hell is OTF. Durk is really out on bond for attempted murder, had a shootout at his crib in the suburbs, lost his right hand King Von in the middle of Atlanta and steady raps about beefing with opps. Then the whole O block raid in Chicago right after the ysl crew got locked up.
I wish him the best.

The rhymes are there. I didn’t too much like the production. Felt like COTI 1 was a lot better

He tries to switch it up and be a little more modern. I didn't have a problem with it.

That's like when he was asked about punchlines on JBP, and he said who else is doing it. I really wanted them to go Cassidy. Because that would perfectly describe a rapper not changing with the times and sounding dated and out of touch. You would think he was in a coma for ten years looking goofy.

I hate how regional and territorial rap can be. You never hear other genres like r&b or punk rock or whatever being regionalized. It’s a lot of dumb politics in hip hop culture.

***** thought he was putting people on game. Misinforming the public. U gotta add 09-14 dbco they started this new wave
Y'all gotta give DBCO their flowers.idk why they don't make music collectively as a group anyone..the last few years has been the perfect time for them to release a project and go mainstream if they wanted

I hate how regional and territorial rap can be. You never hear other genres like r&b or punk rock or whatever being regionalized. It’s a lot of dumb politics in hip hop culture.

been saying that for years

Y'all gotta give DBCO their flowers.idk why they don't make music collectively as a group anyone..the last few years has been the perfect time for them to release a project and go mainstream if they wanted
Nah that ship sailed. But what they did is remembered in the city forever. Team eastside did it how dbco should’ve. Now Peezy, vezz, ray, GT all got they own wave and still together

Nah give me my regional rap. I don’t care to hear somebody from Memphis sounding like they’re from LA or somebody from Houston sounding like they’re from Detroit

I've literally said it when talking about rap and rap fans.

I always say nobody cares where an R&B singer or anyone else is from, and only rap fans do that dumb ****.

You're in the dumb rap fan category I'm referring to. That's why the remedial Dr Seuss rap you listen to fits.

I've literally said it when talking about rap and rap fans.

I always say nobody cares where an R&B singer or anyone else is from, and only rap fans do that dumb ****.

You're in the dumb rap fan category I'm referring to. That's why the remedial Dr Seuss rap you listen to fits.

You gotta let the hurt go someday big dawg. The golden era of your days can be found easily on a streaming platform or YouTube. Go enjoy it, and stop crying

Nah give me my regional rap. I don’t care to hear somebody from Memphis sounding like they’re from LA or somebody from Houston sounding like they’re from Detroit

but regions don't even really exist anymore with social media and the internet.

I think it's more about black people fighting for ownership of **** they don't really own.

Everything is influenced by something else anyway. and it becomes divisive.

It's like a person growing up, and leaving elementary school through college and growing up and having different experiences

I'm the exact opposite.

I hate dumb mind numbing ****, just like I hate Tyler Perry movies and those garbage *** romance books women read.

Nah. You spend the majority of your time whining about “modern rap” the entire time you’re on this forum.

Then have the nerve to post Trap Manny and Phresher and Desiigner.

We see you man :lol:. You ain’t low. But enjoy what you enjoy. That ain’t going to bother me nun.

Back
Top Bottom