Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Easier said than done if something is your dream. Dudes do the same thing with the music they put out and their image.
Agreed. But to JRaW’d JRaW’d point. They turn their ownselves out. Folks do what they are willing to do to get on. It's a shame that they are sometimes manipulated to do these things. Overly exposed when not fully mentally developed. But if you are putting yourself in these situations as an of age adult, be mentally strong enough to draw your line.

Last edited:
Agreed. But to JRaW’d JRaW’d point. They turn their ownselves out. Folks do what they are willing to do to get own. It's a shame that they are sometimes manipulated to do these things. Overly exposed when not fully mentally developed. But if you are putting yourself in these situations as an of age adult, be mentally strong enough to draw your line.

Nah, they are advised and pushed

The industry has a specific blueprint they go for in terms of promotion for women. The Missy, MC Lyte and Da Brat aesthetic isn't one they're going to push in 2021.

That just get a regular job is easy to say from the outside. That's like a company telling you fit in to our rules or go work minimum wage in some factory.

That just get a regular job is easy to say from the outside. That's like a company telling you fit in to our rules or go work minimum wage in some factory.
I agree that it is easy to say from the outside. Easier than doing it while following the path of attempting to create a rap career. But I dont think it makes it any less factual.

If the company you are working for is requesting you to do things that you feel wrongly about, keeps you up at night, makes you question the morality of yourself and the company, then yeah, absolutely the same deal. You're going to do what you're willing to do for the check. Otherwise be strong enough to say no.

I fully understand what you're saying about these artists being advised this is what will sell. The artist can still say no. If stardom diesnt come, you still got your respect. And if stardom was more important, well then who is that really "to blame"?

#SLIMMYSZN 🤤

giphy.gif

first time she caught my attention

It is some of these girls you can tell are fake ratchet, doing the extra sexy **** and looks un-natural. Tinashe, Dani Leigh it looks fake. Cardi and Meg that's naturally who they are. We already know the pressure entertainment puts on women to be sex symbols but it's up to you. HER is doing great by barley showing any skin, her talent is the focus.

It is some of these girls you can tell are fake ratchet, doing the extra sexy **** and looks un-natural. Tinashe, Dani Leigh it looks fake. Cardi and Meg that's naturally who they are.

Definitely Tinashe. She should’ve got a big reality check when she had that photoshoot where she was licking a mini toilet seat. Her team failed her badly.

Back
Top Bottom