Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

they do now bc the YOUTH are more open to music from other regions. Mainly bc during their formative years, the stronghold that ny once had had already dwindled for the most part.

ny bias is something that applies to OUR generation and the gen prior to us. And you didnt hafta be from ny to have it.

Yup. The common sound in NY is southern based. Starting with ASAP in 2011. Now you’ve got the drill scene. But I guess it came full circle because Fredo Santana did say drill was inspired by 50 cent so, yeah.

Cardi B basically bit kodak and the south. NYC is in shambles, pretty much.

SIXNINE and CJ WOOOOPTY :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG_5398.jpg

Yup. The common sound in NY is southern based. Starting with ASAP in 2011. Now you’ve got the drill scene. But I guess it came full circle because Fredo Santana did say drill was inspired by 50 cent so, yeah.

Cardi B basically bit kodak and the south. NYC is in shambles, pretty much.

SIXNINE and CJ WOOOOPTY :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're so out of touch :lol:

In the vein of my NY bias, here's two Brooklyn based rappers that are amazing. This song is getting me through a pretty $****y week. Enjoy.

Not gonna say too much but Kay Flock and them lil YG ****** REALLY active.

Bronx kids on a whole just different

That lil ***** made Popperazi Po drop YG and he was one of the founding members who put it WORK on the island against all the gangs

When it's not your time no more it's not your time lol

That's a fact. :lol: It's a young ***** world in them streets. The older I get, the easier it is to accept.
He definitely needs a manager/guidance. Like bro at least put your music on streaming services.
Bro got it, but he knee deep out here.

Yeah, I played it a million types. I thought it would have propelled him even further into the mainstream, but eh, that's how it goes sometimes.

Being associated with Kanye doesn't seem to work with those around him(GLC, Consequence, Rhymesfest).

Joe mentioned him wanting Cyhi to take his place in Slaughterhouse. That probably would have helped a lot.

stupidfruityswag :lol:

Yeah J money nem is what inspired this classic Soulja Boy impersonation :pimp:

Side note: Bruh got a video like this w every rapper, where he doing somebody style and have that exact rapper in the background flexin like a seal of approval :lol:

The peak of the Bop stuff was during the drill era tho, seemed like that was next up then drill pivoted again more towards that DJ L/Herb/Bibby sound, which is what you think of as Drill today

This Kemo dude was like the Meechie of that wave :lol:

Back
Top Bottom