Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

To the average fan, Rocky is most known for ****** problems. Musically, Baby is bigger than Rocky ever was.

I mean I do see your point because Baby is EVERYWHERE and pumps out music like nothing, but at the same time I said IDK yet because I didn't factor in the fans overseas as well

If the average fan knows him mostly for ****** problems then cool.

The real fans know him from Peso :pimp:

So these dudes were real with this?

I thought they were just being creative :smh:

I was thinking, surely dudes wouldn't be this stupid. I guess I gave them too much credit.

Nope, that’s all them :lol: creative way to flip the song but it’s unbelievably demonic and they basically laid out all the evidence for the police.

I know Em and Nelly were dominating at that time but damn how it only reached #27???

I checked the charts from 2000. "Party Up" stayed at No. 27 for five weeks.

It was the highest charting hip-hop track on the Hot 100 for three of the five weeks it peaked.

"Wobble Wobble" by 504 Boyz (No. 17) and "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem (No. 20) were the higher-charting tracks.

You and I are alone on that island :lol:

Outside of Praise the Lord, I don’t see many people saying good things about Testing. I still think it’s solid.

But yeah, Rocky due up for a project.

Rocky was pretty damn big I don't know about all that. He still has a huge fanbase even though he isn't dropping ****, those suburban kids/crowd LOVE him
Dude is the definition of a Tumblr rapper, besides ****in Problems none of his singles popped like that and that was the only tape going for the mainstream sound

Him being creative and 'cool' keep his name in deals and circulating but Baby last 3 singles have done better than all buddy singles and they not even album singles

You and I are alone on that island :lol:

Outside of Praise the Lord, I don’t see many people saying good things about Testing. I still think it’s solid.

But yeah, Rocky due up for a project.

Testing was a complete disaster. The House Party Tonight’s The Night of his catalog. Lil Baby can never make anything as bad as that. But Lil Baby will never even sniff Rocky’s debut mixtape either. It is what it is.

So these dudes were real with this?

I thought they were just being creative :smh:

I was thinking, surely dudes wouldn't be this stupid. I guess I gave them too much credit.

And vanessa carlton gonna sue for royalties on top of all that other dumb **** :lol:

they was wylin with this one. but I cant stunt in terms of disrespectful disses them Chicago mfs take the crown every time.

Said it another thread...but it's the sample that's catching ****** in that Who I Smoke song. The content and talking about real people/deaths is pretty much the standard right now.

In the span of a decade two platinum albums ain't farfetched for a Tumblr rapper. Lil Pump a 'Soundcloud' rapper but got two Gold albums and more platinum singles

I meant he was a Tumblr rapper in that he cared more about the aesthetic than the music. Testing didn't sell that well but he still wanted props for making dope music videos for it (6 months late at that)

Back
Top Bottom