Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

And Hov don’t owe them any money 15 years after the fact (them boys looking hungry for randomly asking like that) but if it came out “hush” or “OVO chubbs” helped write Duppy or Back To Back at Drakes request ****** would never hear the end of it

jay move off intellect, not heart.

lotta n_’s don’t understand that.

dude dont care about a “real n_’s” bulls*** logic.

Or....he’s loyal to his blood cousin, Lor man from his building, other family and ******s that never told on him.

It’s real simple. Hov cruddy. But he do right by his close peoples. If you ain’t one of them, you getting crossed out eventually. ***** shot his brother man, stabbed his dawg over a chick :lol:. He got some flaws. That’s ard.

Young Thug & Jay Z are the same way.

Or....he’s loyal to his blood cousin, Lor man from his building, other family and ******s that never told on him.

It’s real simple. Hov cruddy. But he do right by his close peoples. If you ain’t one of them, you getting crossed out eventually. ***** shot his brother man, stabbed his dawg over a chick :lol:. He got some flaws. That’s ard.

Young Thug & Jay Z are the same way.
Whats the story on Thug? I also know Hov poked hombre over bootlegging his album, but who did he go at over a chick?

stabbed his dawg over a chick :lol:.

he stabbed yo bc he leaked his album.

N jay mah dawg but he is not above critique in my book.

o just dont have no ground to stand on bein 40+, cryin bout “just gimme a million”.

bleek a day 1 too. He aint roun jay tho. Dude really want n_’s to be productive and carry they own weight. If you aint able to do that, you outta there.

block mentality f***s the bidness up bruh.

“i aint tryna change you, just give you some game. So you can make the transition from the streets to the fame.”

jay move off intellect, not heart.

lotta n_’s don’t understand that.

dude dont care about a “real n_’s” bulls*** logic.

And it ain't even just the State prop Dudes, Dame..... hell Kanye too, it seems like in all these cases they thought their relationship with Jay was closer than it was.

It is no coincidence that a dude who was really deep in hustling doesn't have a big circle & only keeps a close knit unit.

Also we are not going to act as if we look at Drake's pen & Jay's pen in the same light (or atleast people shouldn't)

Oschino writing takeover just doesn't seem that credible, & to the Drake point we have had multiple people say they've wrote for him & nobody's cared, he accused Kanye of doing to Virgil, What he does to literally EVERYONE he works with & people let it rock :lol:. He plays with his own set of rules

Last edited:
The relationships seem to come down to positions of power.

Dehaven. Jaz. Jay was under them. Then outgrew them. Relationship falls apart.

Dame and Kanye....it just seems like **** got dicey because they were on, at the very least, equal footing at some point, if not bigger in some respects in terms of business or popularity.

Bleek, TyTy etc. As long as they play their position, they're good.

One thing I will add. There's truth to both sides. I do absolutely believe Jay "uses" these people for what he can, while he can. Which honestly isn't that different from most business relationships or even so called "friendships" people have.

Which is what makes him smart because the mistake people make is not using him/those opportunities for what they can, while they can.

Last edited:

Dame and Kanye....it just seems like **** got dicey because they were on, at the very least, equal footing at some point, if not bigger in some respects in terms of business or popularity.

I love Kanye, I Love Dame

With that said if i just sat you down and showed you interviews of these guys over the past 5 years..... it would seem like those two are the prime examples of everything that Jay strays away from :lol: . It's very easy to see why someone who seems to be a lil more reserved & secretive couldn't keep a relationship with such Big personalities.

I love Kanye, I Love Dame

With that said if i just sat you down and showed you interviews of these guys over the past 5 years..... it would seem like those two are the prime examples of everything that Jay strays away from :lol: . It's very easy to see why someone who seems to be a lil more reserved & secretive couldn't keep a relationship with such Big personalities.

It's crazy because the man married BEYONCE. That's really the only exception unless he looks at that kind of relationship with a female as a "power move". And they do a good job of keeping things fairly close to the vest.

That Yin/Yang relationship with Dame was all good when it was helping him get up and running but once he was up and running......

One thing I will add. There's truth to both sides. I do absolutely believe Jay "uses" these people for what he can, while he can. Which honestly isn't that different from most business relationships or even so called "friendships" people have.

Which is what makes him smart because the mistake people make is not using him/those opportunities for what they can, while they can.

It's funny how dudes will breakdown and analyze Jay-Z's friends and associates, but can't name one friend or associate of these other dudes and how they've helped their "friends".

I buy Jay's beef with Ye being about the kids/family rant. As was pointed out, he keeps **** close to the vest. The moment Ye brought personal items to the table for public consumption, Jay was done.

If it was just about using folks, I def think Jay could have got another WTT album and your out of the Ye musical relationship. But I can buy it being about Ye crossing a line for Jay.

The rest of them relationships though...

Back
Top Bottom