Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

"the tough guy disappear, then the ***** come out"

That line applies to a lot of things, adversity in general. Adversity builds character and it also exposes it.

because all these so called tough guys, suddenly become Wendy Williams and Superhead, but Jay-Z is supposed to take care of them though. 🤷‍♂️

much less wanting another man to take care of them, I chalk it up to a lot of these dudes not having fathers in their lives.

And Hov don’t owe them any money 15 years after the fact (them boys looking hungry for randomly asking like that) but if it came out “hush” or “OVO chubbs” helped write Duppy or Back To Back at Drakes request ****** would never hear the end of it

The thing is none of Drake's artist have ever had a big buzz. Whether it's their choice or not all of them _'s real quiet. Jay ain't never held anybody back or stopped somebody from shining. Beans had SP, Kanye was big the moment CD came out. Cam and Jay had they lil situation but Cam still sold more records under Rocafella than before.

You not supposed to be buddy buddy with every single person you work with. You gonna get played tryna do that. Jay been solid with all his day one _'s. That's how it's supposed to go, you can't save everybody. It's always gonna be people unhappy with a decision here and there in business.

The thing is none of Drake's artist have ever had a big buzz. Whether it's their choice or not all of them _'s real quiet. Jay ain't never held anybody back or stopped somebody from shining. Beans had SP, Kanye was big the moment CD came out. Cam and Jay had they lil situation but Cam still sold more records under Rocafella than before.

You not supposed to be buddy buddy with every single person you work with. You gonna get played tryna do that. Jay been solid with all his day one _'s. That's how it's supposed to go, you can't save everybody. It's always gonna be people unhappy with a decision here and there in business.

he took “give to me” from sparks....and ain’t pay him for it :lol:. Sparks ain’t even credited on the song. Just in the video

Ain’t even gon touch on how he did Chris. But it is what it is. I agree with part of what you saying. But Hov hands are far from clean with SP.

The relationships seem to come down to positions of power.

Dehaven. Jaz. Jay was under them. Then outgrew them. Relationship falls apart.

Dame and Kanye....it just seems like **** got dicey because they were on, at the very least, equal footing at some point, if not bigger in some respects in terms of business or popularity.

Bleek, TyTy etc. As long as they play their position, they're good.

One thing I will add. There's truth to both sides. I do absolutely believe Jay "uses" these people for what he can, while he can. Which honestly isn't that different from most business relationships or even so called "friendships" people have.

Which is what makes him smart because the mistake people make is not using him/those opportunities for what they can, while they can.

Somebody like Jay is always thinking ahead so if there's friction he's shown ain't nobody gonna stop his mission. He's gonna keep pushing with or without you.

Keeping it at the State Property dudes though, they had movies, clothing line, etc. I can't get with this "jay used them and left them stranded" or whatever.

he took “give to me” from sparks....and ain’t pay him for it :lol:. Sparks ain’t even credited on the song. Just in the video

Ain’t even gon touch on how he did Chris. But it is what it is. I agree with part of what you saying. But Hov hands are far from clean with SP.

The Give It To Me record story always been funny but again these _'s had the movies and everything. SP was poppin and they fumbled it.

Young Chris not popping off wasn't because Jay did him dirty unless there's something else other than "he stole his flow" which people overblown. :lol:

This Shiesty hard :pimp:

Choppa Way

CrazyPotableInsect-max-1mb.gif

i am was writing something else (just deleted it b4 this), but as i was typing this thc snuck up & just couldn't finish. really i'm having such hard time typing this, but so yo. r.i.p Nipsey, man. He wasn't supposed die that day, and he definitely wasn't supposed to be murdered in the place he probably felt safest.

Jay been solid with all his day one _'s. That's how it's supposed to go, you can't save everybody. It's always gonna be people unhappy with a decision here and there in business.

This is why I mentioned Jaz and Dehaven and positions of power because I don't know if you can really say he's been solid with all his day 1's.

It might be more about who's doing what for who in that moment.

Somebody like Jay is always thinking ahead so if there's friction he's shown ain't nobody gonna stop his mission. He's gonna keep pushing with or without you.

Keeping it at the State Property dudes though, they had movies, clothing line, etc. I can't get with this "jay used them and left them stranded" or whatever.

He didn't leave anyone stranded. RocAFella absolutely gave people opportunities. Dame was preaching independence, growth, ownership etc. back then. These guys all could have learned and kept it pushing the way Jay did. They literally saw it firsthand.

People "use" each other in business all of the time. I don't mean it as a negative. It's just the nature of things.

There's always 2 sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This is why I mentioned Jaz and Dehaven and positions of power because I don't know if you can really say he's been solid with all his day 1's.

Jaz ain't wanna sign to his lil homie and they went separate ways. They patched that up like 2 years ago. I don't even know what Deheaven issue is, he be talking all over the place in his interviews.

Wasn't really referring to your post with the left them stranded part but reading other posts "Jay did this and that to such and such" it's like huh? :lol:

There's always 2 sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.
This.
Jay been in the game decades on decades, there's always gon be a story from somewhere where he gon look funny.

The thing is none of Drake's artist have ever had a big buzz.

Party def had that buzz early on but IDK if they was copying Abel with them mysterious vibes

Last edited:

While true, this + everything y'all talking about don't got nothing to do with Beans and O writing a diss for Jay if that is what they're implying :lol: and how that would be a big deal for someone else

While true, this + everything y'all talking about don't got nothing to do with Beans and O writing a diss for Jay if that is what they're implying :lol: and how that would be a big deal for someone else

The fact is that the artist the accusations are against counts, & in terms of the pen Jay has a lot more credibility than Drake.

Not to mention we've heard a few straight reference tracks, or heard more than a few rumors that people are writing for Drake & it hasn't effected him a bit. EVERYTHING that ***** does is just overlooked & excused :lol: :lol:

Think of the Kanye Diss where people gassed that Virgil line...... when in reality Kanye never tried to hold Virgil back & he LITERALLY has P&D stuck in a basement taking all his songs, not to mention trying to squash Abel & Tory before they blew because they ain't wanna sign to OVO:lol:

Back
Top Bottom