Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The argument of commercial success attributing to an artists placement on the list of greats can easily be applied to madd people on the list. Wayne is on the list of greats. Is there anything special about the way he raps? If he was a tier 3 rapper w/o the push would be have even made it this far? :lol:

I don’t like Em/he’s not on my list of greats.” Yall are better off going with one of those.

You're proving my point here.

Rapping IS NOT the only thing attributed to being a legend. But with Eminem it's his calling card apparently. In addition to the metrics...are you culturally relevant? Does your music stand the test of time? How far did your influence reach? Does their content resonate and make you feel ****? I can keep going on and on. But I dare you to sit up here and pretend like Eminem checks off the same boxes that the other "greats" do. Nas isn't Nas, Jay isn't Jay, Big wasn't Big....Pac wasn't Pac SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY RAPPED WELL.

To re-quote Wavy:

And the difference is, *****s actually listen to him and his **** resonates with the core of hip hop culture.

Say you want but Lil Wayne mattered.

No Eminem songs are ringing off at any function. Who you wanna see Eminem do a versuz with?

Y’all mad at him for dissing all these pop acts but if he would have came out the blue dissing black rappers for no reason y’all would have said he was racist and tried to cancel him... He went at everybody who called his name

No top tier rapper has made as many awful songs as Eminem. Dude was dissing moby and Christina augilera. Parodying N sync videos.

_____ career would have never started if he was introduced to the world with “hi my name is”

Imagine Jay-Z being Jay-Z and getting away with putting out singles like these:

FOH :lol:

****** hate industry plants but love Eminem. Incredible

you gotta hate Jim. this ain’t even sorta true :lol: :lol:

jamie is a goat.
damon is a legend.
keenan gave us classics
Marlon is power washed but the wayans bros and don’t be a menace >>> Jim Carey
I mess with j lo more.
DAG and Tommy were funnier. Not more successful.

yeah I’m cool on jim. Last movie that was good to me was ace Ventura

Nobody is doing that. But he been washed since like 2003. And he’s only gotten bigger since then.

You, do some of this re-writing with Lil Wayne ironically enough :lol:. And the difference is, *****s actually listen to him and his **** resonates with the core of hip hop culture.

Eminem, not so much. People been saying forever that Eminem was a good rapper for a lil period of time, but completely lost touch/ain’t been good or relevant in true rap space for a minute. And it’s just true.

The growing chorus isn’t a rewrite. It’s stating what’s been known.

It is a rewrite. He's highly respected by his peers. That's a fact. We know he's been washed so why do you _'s keep making him relevant? Again who are these Em fans y'all so stressed out about? Like I don't **** with Post Malone at all and I'm damn sure not about to be stressed over where his fans rank him. I don't know how you base whether he's gotten bigger. He sold back to back 10 mil albums in 2000 and 2002. Can't get much bigger than that.

As far as Wayne I state my opinion about him being overated. I don't question who does or don't listen to him. Or who does or don't respect him.

cuz he could/can rap :lol:

you gotta stop and think, how many plants got on tracks with Jay and (debatably) outshined him?

I can only think of one and ****** hate him cuz he rapped about his bum bum and killing his mom

an industry plant doesn't mean devoid of talent. There has to be SOMETHING there to work with.

the argument IS NOT: Eminem CANNOT rap :lol:

jamie is a goat.
damon is a legend.
keenan gave us classics
Marlon is power washed but the wayans bros and don’t be a menace >>> Jim Carey
I mess with j lo more.
DAG and Tommy were funnier. Not more successful.

yeah I’m cool on jim. Last movie that was good to me was ace Ventura

So Me, Myself and Irene just don’t exist huh? Cable guy? Fun with **** and Jane? I can keep going

an industry plant doesn't mean devoid of talent. There has to be SOMETHING there to work with.

the argument IS NOT: Eminem CANNOT rap :lol:

Yeah I didn’t say that. I just said he’s a plant that can rap, so people enjoyed his rapping.

he can’t rap is definitely thrown around 🤷🏽‍♂️ it might not be your argument but it’s a thing.

he can’t make a song to save his life I know that much :lol:

Back
Top Bottom