Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

As a person that also thinks Meek is average (relative to his peers I guess), I think some of his best music was from the Drake beef and on. War Pain was the best diss between the two during that period, and those 4/4 EPS were really good in general.

Also Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon >>>>> Both G-Unit albums and Rotten Apple

never heard predicate felon but i find it hard to believe it’s better than rotten apple.

I meant Meek's projects, his albums and tapes.

Jada's first album is great, little too long though.

Fab has great mixtapes, Meek doesn't have any great mixtapes.

Meek has zero wordplay, zero punchlines and zero wit. Meek isn't putting up 1400 yards as a WR.

Perfect example is his diss to Aubrey. Had plenty of time, he came up with barely any bars. Had to talk his diss. Fab and Jada would have took that information and destroyed a song. Like Pusha and Joe did. Meek lyrically cannot do that. The diss song was still cool but it was underwhelming and the hardest part was playing the reference track.

Meek ain't got no great mixtapes? Now you really trippin.

skr8 out the targets fr.

300B8BA8-D37B-4469-BC49-B4D008AB16AF.jpeg

They needa cut my mans a check...

It was very good but not a classic. He just took the Doggystyle formula and made it his. I feel like it's already a forgotten album with some hot singles that had staying power.

Classic gets tossed around way too lightly. Meek Mill has NONE.

Naaaah that album ain't forgotten at all. The younger West coast artists have been heavy influenced by that album. He did use the Snoop formula but that don't take away the impact he made. It had been a long time since that sound/vibe was used.

Back
Top Bottom