Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

if you ask any rapper in the game longer than 5yrs, they'll tell you that Joe is indeed a legend

if rappers are asked while bein recorded, yeah they will say he’s a legend.

to say otherwise would be seen as disrespectful and n_’s dont wanna deal with the kickback from that.

****** in here arguing counterintuitive points.

What is the criteria? Numbers or impact?

Everybody making grand declarations about legendary status, but if we don’t have any criteria we’re just arguing nostalgia.

Someone/Group that made a huge contribution to Hip-Hop - a movement of some sort. Brought a huge influence to it, either by music stylisticly, fashion, business, etc. I would say this is 80% of it. Another,would be classic albums.

For instance, Dispet was legendary - not Jim Jones, Hell Rell, Julez. As a group, it shifted hip hop and had a whole movement. As solo artists, none of these rappers are legends.

Last edited:
That’s my point, you can’t shift the criteria when it’s is it convenient.

****** was calling Gucci Mane a legend in here. :rofl:

What are we talking about?

Gucci brand of trap quickly became the default “template” for trap music, that trap template then went worldwide via ATL/the south’s growing popularity in music

If you remove Gucci a lot of **** is different, whether you like the music or not

Chief Keef is currently remixing songs Gucci literally made 15 years ago and _’s saying he making a comeback :lol:. Most of his fans seem to have no clue they even old Gucci songs because it feel like contemporary trap music to them, 15 years later.

Last edited:
Is Lil Kim a legend? Let’s hear from the sexists on NT.

510EBE6B-E2D4-440C-AF50-C87F9A5BD18C.jpeg

Dipset made the whole world want to be Blood. Fast forward 15 years later everyone in the US banging UBN sets :lol:

I know OG Cali Bloods HATE the UBN New York **** :rofl: :rofl:

****** really took they culture and made it FASHIONABLE everywhere else in the country

Sad :smh:

I wonder if Kanye makes money off Teyana. Her album "sold" 31K, 4K album sales and 27K in album streams.

John Legend did 26K, sold 14K album sales and 12K stream sales.

How much longer do artists make albums or is it not costing as much to make albums because they don't release physical copies and people can record their projects at home now.

Someone/Group that made a huge contribution to Hip-Hop - a movement of some sort. Brought a huge influence to it, either by music stylisticly, fashion, business, etc. I would say this is 80% of it. Another,would be classic albums.

For instance, Dispet was legendary - not Jim Jones, Hell Rell, Julez. As a group, it shifted hip hop and had a whole movement. As solo artists, none of these rappers are legends.

Yet...you don’t consider Drake, Future.....LEBRON as legends :lol:

CMON MAN

I'm shocked some artist are releasing albums.

Unless you have a solid fanbase, you can't tour until who knows when.

And then everyone will be trying to tour at the same time.

LOL @ Drake not being a legend. I think at this point this Legend argument for some of y'all is based on y'all own personal dislikes with the artist. "Ross was CO, so no matter what his music sounds like, that **** sucks, " or "Drake sings, is Canadian, light skin and Jewish, so he ain't a legend.". Now y'all saying lebron and Cam ain't no legend.

“Writin rhymes on the train while i think about kobe. deuce fo like the set, you was one of the homies.”

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom