Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m still waiting on someone to explain to me how is Drake a legend? Classic albums and contributions. I actually like his music. I know his first album/mixtape was a classic. But outside of that....???

Last edited:
I'm shocked some artist are releasing albums.

Unless you have a solid fanbase, you can't tour until who knows when.

And then everyone will be trying to tour at the same time.

Thats what I’m wondering, albums might be real cheap to make now. I’m curious what a label makes off an album that sold 50K streams.

I’m still waiting on someone to explain to me how is Drake a legend? Classic albums and contributions. I actually like his music. I know his first album/mixtape was a classic. But outside of that....???

He’s a pop star in my book, he’s not a rapper. People will say he’s a legend because he’s been on top for so long and broke records and sells like crazy BUT at the same time, he does that because he’s a pop star with a pop audience. He’s basically Madonna with a tan. It’s kinda like when Em said if I was black, I would have sold half. If Drake wasn’t a harmless Jew, his career would have been shorter.

Before someone @s me crying that he does rap, pop stars rap also. Means nothing to me.

But I don’t view him as a legend or a rapper and I’m not mad at anyone saying he’s a legend.

He’s a pop star in my book, he’s not a rapper. People will say he’s a legend because he’s been on top for so long and broke records and sells like crazy BUT at the same time, he does that because he’s a pop star with a pop audience. He’s basically Madonna with a tan. It’s kinda like when Em said if I was black, I would have sold half. If Drake wasn’t a harmless Jew, his career would have been shorter.

Before someone @s me crying that he does rap, pop stars rap also. Means nothing to me.

But I don’t view him as a legend or a rapper and I’m not mad at anyone saying he’s a legend.

And also, RAP RULES and principles have changed or damn near nonexistent nowadays. People don’t even criticize the music anymore. They allow anything. Co-sign biting. Everyone sounds the same. There are no rules nowadays. That’s why this era is whatever to me. People will call Wale or J. Cole trash, but champion certain BS. Back in the days the music had to match up. Nowadays it’s nothing

I will agree with him being a Pop Star and perhaps that kind of legacy.

tenor (29).gif

Back
Top Bottom