Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Their careers are nothing alike. The quantity and quality of Gucci's projects is far better than Kiss. :lol:

Kiss is the better rapper but his music ain't close.
1593302277246.gif

Wow. The disrespect :smh:

Gucci Mane is better than Jadakiss at two things

1. Putting out more music

2. Keeping his ears to the streets and working with all the next upcoming artist from his city that's bout to pop which kept him relevant for extremely long time. Basically one of greatest A&R's of all time who actually wasn't an A&R.

Ya'll are just quicker to give out the legend status

How are you a Legend without a classic album? Hell classic album(s)?

Being in a good group makes you a legend? The Lox don't even have a classic album.

Jada's a legend, but who was even eager to hear a new album from him? But he's a legend though?

I loved EPMD and Gangstarr when I was a kid, but I wouldn't say they're legends 25-30 years later. Run DMC are legends. NWA are legends.

Some of these dudes ya'll are calling legends won't be getting talked about like that 10-20 years from now. That's not legendary.

1593302277246.gif

Wow. The disrespect :smh:

Gucci Mane is better than Jadakiss at two things

1. Putting out more music

2. Keeping his ears to the streets and working with all the next upcoming artist from his city that's bout to pop which kept him relevant for extremely long time. Basically one of greatest A&R's of all time who actually wasn't an A&R.

Who I disrespect?

You just said Kiss albums are 💩 :lol:

Being in a good group makes you a legend? The Lox don't even have a classic album.

Jada's a legend, but who was even eager to hear a new album from him? But he's a legend though?

I loved EPMD and Gangstarr when I was a kid, but I wouldn't say they're legends 25-30 years later. Run DMC are legends. NWA are legends.

Some of these dudes ya'll are calling legends won't be getting talked about like that 10-20 years from now. That's not legendary.
I feel you on giving away Legend status but EPMD and Gangstarr can’t get that legendary group status? Catalog for Catalog EPMD and Gangstarr are arguably top 5 groups of all time.

Somebody like Future has been out 10 years and _'s still talking and bumping his music. Ain't about to change no time soon, especially with his influence and impact. He's done legendary ****.

I feel you on giving away Legend status but EPMD and Gangstarr can’t get that legendary group status? Catalog for Catalog EPMD and Gangstarr are arguably top 5 groups of all time.

Yeah, I put them up there.

but I think it takes more to be considered a legend.

I've just seen enough rap to see the tiers that have evolved.

Legend isn't just what you produced musically, but it's the influence you had on the music and culture.

NWA's run was short, but they influenced a whole genre and changed the course of rap. Biggie's run was short.

A lot of rappers just check off making good music. Legend is more. Like when homey said Mike, Bird, Magic, Lebron.

That's why I can say dudes I don't even **** with like Wayne and Drake could be considered legends, for good or bad, they've influenced the past 10-15 years. You can't not discuss hip hop without mentioning them.

Yeah, I put them up there.

but I think it takes more to be considered a legend.

I've just seen enough rap to see the tiers that have evolved.

Legend isn't just what you produced musically, but it's the influence you had on the music and culture.

NWA's run was short, but they influenced a whole genre and changed the course of rap. Biggie's run was short.

A lot of rappers just check off making good music. Legend is more. Like when homey said Mike, Bird, Magic, Lebron.

That's why I can say dudes I don't even **** with like Wayne and Drake could be considered legends, for good or bad, they've influenced the past 10-15 years. You can't not discuss hip hop without mentioning them.
I feel where you’re coming from. You right though.

yeah free criminally slept on.

dude firmly placed in my 2nd tier bracket.

since roc disbanded, hes had the strongest hustle of any of the core roc members not named jay.

fire spitta that also kno's how to make good MUSIC.

free x ALC

yeah free criminally slept on.

dude firmly placed in my 2nd tier bracket.

since roc disbanded, hes had the strongest hustle of any of the core roc members not named jay.

fire spitta that also kno's how to make good MUSIC.

free x ALC

I know I’m probably the only one, but I liked Frees debut album more than Beans.

C'mon man... I love Kiss but Pun > Kiss on the mic. Lol at Fat Joe... not a soul calling him a legend.

I know I’m probably the only one, but I liked Frees debut album more than Beans.

i wont say free album was better it def seemed more fun/had more appeal, so i could see that.

Id rather listen to philly free over truth as well even though truth is the more technically solid album.

Fat Joe not no damn legend. He's a all time compiler and hit single maker, 100%

You can have a good to great career and not be legend status.

Why do so many struggle to understand that

Fat Joe not no damn legend. He's a all time compiler and hit single maker, 100%

You can have a good to great career and not be legend status.

Why do so many struggle to understand that

Agreed, especially with fresh ears for his entire catalog within the past month. Just like there’s a Hall of Fame, there’s also a Hall Of Very Good, where guys like Lamarcus Aldridge would be, and there’s nothing wrong with that

Run DMC we’re always overrated to me. Their music didn’t age well.

Back
Top Bottom