Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y’all can like rappers and say they’re not a legend.

Fab rap better than Boosie, Jeezy and Ross.

Jeezy had the biggest impact and run out of all four of them.

Ross more known for his weight, beard, grunt and silly CB4 character he believes he is than his raps.

Boosie more known for his interviews than his music.
That's literally the problem with a lot of these _s

They lack context and struggle with differentiating what "I like" from what's "amazing" or "legendary" or "classic"

It's all interchangeable.

We in the hot take era Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are absolute visionaries

#culture personified

Boosie wave kinda hard to explain to ppl who wasn’t in the midst of it, due to it being underground and fairly inaccessible for the mainstream. It was mostly based on mixtapes and ****, street singles not albums/radio play

Like I said, dudes on here barely even knew what he looked like, meanwhile mass quantities of _'s from Oakland to the Midwest to Baltimore was walking around with Boosie fades :lol: Tbh, seem like the only place his wave didn't hit was the East Coast

He def walked so dudes like YB and Kodak could run on a mainstream level, especially YB

Last edited:
Ross and Jeezy NOT legends??. Of course it would be Master Zik Master Zik to say such a foolish comment :lol:.

Boosie
Gucci
Jeezy
Tip
Ross

Mid 00s NEW LEGENDS. You can’t mention rap without them. Flat out.

I knew you were coming

200.gif

Y’all can like rappers and say they’re not a legend.

Fab rap better than Boosie, Jeezy and Ross.

Jeezy had the biggest impact and run out of all four of them.

Ross more known for his weight, beard, grunt and silly CB4 character he believes he is than his raps.

Boosie more known for his interviews than his music.

Dudes can't separate being fans, and being unbiased.

Saying 50 isn't a legend?

Ross is Frank Gore

Jeezy 1st album coming off the hype of the Snowman shirts and them Drama tapes I'd definitely say Jeezy more a legend than Ross

I def rock wit Wiz but I cant call him a legend for making a $70 outfit hot in a era where Big Sean had dudes buying $300 hats

Surprised 50 even a debate, like besides Jay dude name been synonymous in hip hop for 2 decades

Jeezy 1st album coming off the hype of the Snowman shirts and them Drama tapes I'd definitely say Jeezy more a legend than Ross

I def rock wit Wiz but I cant call him a legend for making a $70 outfit hot in a era where Big Sean had dudes buying $300 hats

Surprised 50 even a debate, like besides Jay dude name been synonymous in hip hop for 2 decades

you still play 50 music? Honestly. I’m not even trying to be funny

I wonder how many talented rappers gave up or stopped, because they didn't have the perseverance to evolve

The 1st Jay song I remember liking was “Can I get Open” with Original Flavor. Then when he dropped “ In my lifetime” I had both the original and Remix on repeat.

I mean, he already did the documentary where he showed where he dropped Rich Porters body at. At least he put in real work, I guess? Turkey though...? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom