Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ross and Wiz didn’t have the impact or run that 50 and Jeezy had.

50 had a impact.... Jeezy had impact AND longevity. Wiz has longevity. Ross has longevity. Y’all give flash-in-the-pan-50 too much credit. Dude literally only has 3 years of good music. His music is TRASHHHHHHH. Ross, Jeezy and Wiz alllllll made better music over the course of 10 years. 50s music didn’t age well

If you write a book on the history of rap music, it can't be written without Curtis. From is antics to his impact.

Jeezy and Ross are questionable

What was Jeezy's run run, four years?

Ross didn't have the impact of Jeezy, but dude is going on 15 years. Then Wale and Meek.

Wiz, definitely not

Curtis, no question, first ballot hall of fame though

Again, position of power, many men and Ghetto Quran are the ONLY songs I can play from buddy. THREEEEE whole songs. Ross, Jeezy and Wiz have so many good, ride-along songs it ain’t funny. Them 3 dudes got huge categories of music

DMX Run >>>> 50. Y’all gotta stop acting like 50 made timeless music. His IMAGE yeah. He’s head and shoulders above a lot of dudes. But musically he ain’t it. That’s where I stand. I can’t play dudes music at all. 50 wasn’t as nice as he, or people lie to themselves in believing. He ain’t nice on the mic

Ross and Wiz didn’t have the impact or run that 50 and Jeezy had.
Wiz literally changed the look in hip hop. Had dudes switching for skinnies, to 501's & cargos. Dudes was wearing camo cargo shorts, the steelers hat, that stupid blonde patch, THE AFRO, completely normalized tattoos, birthed od smokers, low cut chucks, etc.

Homie had a whole movement then ****** it up when he started looking bourgeois, & this cover was the nail in the coffin:
1593181426433.png

Wiz literally changed the look in hip hop. Had dudes switching for skinnies, to 501's & cargos. Dudes was wearing camo cargo shorts, the steelers hat, that stupid blonde patch, THE AFRO, completely normalized tattoos, birthed od smokers, low cut chucks, etc.

Homie had a whole movement then ****ed it up when he started looking bourgeois, & this cover was the nail in the coffin:
1593181426433.png

not to mention his music was ACTUALLY good!! The product was good bro!!!

That man 50 was Danny Almonte, a 20 year old HS senior playing against 17 year olds. He just bogarded his way through. Wasn’t super talented, just bigger and more aggressive than everyone. Man wasn’t musically that good

50 wasn’t as nice as he, or people lie to themselves in believing. He ain’t nice on the mic

No, 50 wasnt ever NICE, but @ a certain point, he was one HELL of a songwriter.

50 melody and catchiness was the hook for people. He made it fun for people to recite his music as it played. Dude just had a way of makin his songs appeal to the masses.

he wasnt ever no spitta fr tho.

No, 50 wasnt ever NICE, but @ a certain point, he was one HELL of a songwriter.

50 melody and catchiness was the hook for people. He made it fun for people to recite his music as it played. Dude just had a way of makin his songs appeal to the masses.

he wasnt ever no spitta fr tho.

50 could rap, he just wasn't super lyrical or had punchlines like most the NY dudes at the time were.

Homie had a whole movement then ****ed it up when he started looking bourgeois, & this cover was the nail in the coffin:
1593181426433.png

Made mad people switch over to papers too lol I agree with pretty much all of this, I think Wiz doesn’t get the same credit because of his fan base and how he leaned into the “safe” side so hard.

He was a safe Snoop for the high school/college age kids.

Back
Top Bottom