Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

u right man :smh:

Ironically bruh claim Queens. :lol: I think bruh was a military baby
892AB7A8-F048-49F1-9B2E-1629EE9CE88D.gif

unless you born in the 5 boroughs everyone from somewhere else all it takes is one bite of the apple to become a New Yorker thats the beauty of it on the flip side very hard for New Yorkers to adjust to other regions everything else feels like diet nyc lite

unless you born in the 5 boroughs everyone from somewhere else all it takes is one bite of the apple to become a New Yorker thats the beauty of it on the flip side very hard for New Yorkers to adjust to other regions everything else feels like diet nyc lite
unless u from some trash town in cali like fresno or something
im not rollin

listen people all you have is this moment right now the past aint your fault don't let that ruin your future so what you got it worse or better then the next guy own your conscience awareness use your frontal cortex focus on what's important count your blessing that you aint been kilt yet do something for someone else ignore the clowns trying to keep you down you'd be surprised the difference it makes its not easy but it gets better trust me been there we all one and if that isn't deep enough for you look up eternal recurrence it doesn't have to be so bad forgive yourselves forgive your parents who will survive in America who will survive in America who will survive in America PEACE!!!!

there's a huge difference between not dominating on a mainstream level & "stagnant".. Tribe was dropping classics in the early 90's , Public Enemy was boomin, LL, Brand Nubian etc etc

36 Chambers came out in 93 :lol:

early 90's saw some of the best projects in rap history come from NYC, so yes Death Row was the biggest thing in hiphop at the time but NYC was certainly ANYTHING but "stagnant"

I agree with you those albums were/are classics. I still play Tribe, Wu, Public Enemy in a regular but the original post I responded to was you saying "NY created and took it to it's highest levels". That's not all the way true. The Chronic and Doggystyle took hip hop places no NY did, from a production/quality/marketing standpoint. Before that NWA's Efil4zaggin album shined a whole new light on hip hop because it was the first time the soundscan system came into play and that was the #1 album in the country.

Too often in these silly Region vs Reigion convos people build up their side, downplay another and end up telling half the story. :lol:

Kendrick and Cole are definitely Tier 1
Meek/Future tier 2

idk the rest
I want to agree, but there's a separate level of stardom between Drake and Kendrick/Cole esp internationally.
Levels.

I think Future is on the same level as a Kendrick personally, people have no idea how big he is overseas. He's one of the biggest artists in the world even outside of hip-hop. Meek is tier 3 though.

I want to agree, but there's a separate level of stardom between Drake and Kendrick/Cole esp internationally.
Levels.

I think Future is on the same level as a Kendrick personally, people have no idea how big he is overseas. He's one of the biggest artists in the world even outside of hip-hop. Meek is tier 3 though.

By every meteric....Future been playing with the Big boys for a decade. It’s just he doesn’t fit the “Everyman”, “lyrical” image that they associate with the Kendrick, Coles and Drakes of the world. But he’s most definitely at the table, if not....in the conversation.

Drake, Kendrick and Cole just became the traditional standard most spout out. It’s equivalent to basketball when people will yell you Jordan Kobe and Bron are the only players that matter because they are flashy, prototypical wings....while ignoring Kareem, Duncan weirdly
Now..... Magic in those convos...who match them accolade for accolade.

Back
Top Bottom