Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The “vibes in the city” is post grime drill music and every now and then a ***** tryna “restore the feeling” :lol: @ y’all talking like it’s some elite secret club

NYC ain’t in bad place going into the new decade with Benny and the new drill stuff but dude just gotta relax with that post talking like y’alls last peak wasn’t in the David Stern era :lol:
Benny and em not even from NYC

Upstate running NY :lol:

no matter what my city has or hasn’t produced the best thing y’all have produced in 15 years is what? :lol:

SHoulda told dude to not make that long *** post about how NYC was the Mecca when the South been dominating since Andre got on that Source Awards stage :lol:

Not picking sides in this petty **** but this is 100% false. :lol:

Jay, X, Big, Puff, Mase, 50 all dominated after the 95 source awards.

The “vibes in the city” is post grime drill music and every now and then a ***** tryna “restore the feeling” :lol: @ y’all talking like it’s some elite secret club

NYC ain’t in bad place going into the new decade with Benny and the new drill stuff but dude just gotta relax with that post talking like y’alls last peak wasn’t in the David Stern era :lol:
They gonna hit u with the “every car got these young NY Biggs blasting, every club” like toe jam Alabama don’t got the same. NY been going they a identity crisis. Music, sports etc is better when NY is good so I want Somebody from NY that’s not copying drill or the south to pop off and get the movement going. The south really had this music **** in a headlock for a couple decades now.

the hardest places make the art nyc a country club compared to what it used to be the internet the new new Jerusalems we all one merry xmas gs keep it 100 wherever you at

giphy.gif

it's a Christmas Miracle

k3stacks k3stacks :pimp:

Again NYC isn't asking for validation from other *****s on a culture we created & took to it's highest levels.
Then took it to its lowest levels with 69.........
Every region has contributed to hip hop
Every region has given something great
I’m not gonna take anything away from any region
The highest of the highs that hip hop has reached
Is because every region added a lil something
But idk maybe I’m just drunk

Again NYC isn't asking for validation from other *****s on a culture we created & took to it's highest levels.

"DIRECTED BY JASON ANO CO-DIRECTED BY ASAP ROCKY IM FROM HARLEM BUT I HAD TO PAY HOMAGE TO ALL THE HOUSTON LEGENDS "

:lol:

These the vibes in the city? On a Carolina beat?

:lol: Merry Chrimmuh 2 Y'all Boys.

Last edited:
no matter what my city has or hasn’t produced the best thing y’all have produced in 15 years is what? :lol:

SHoulda told dude to not make that long *** post about how NYC was the Mecca when the South been dominating since Andre got on that Source Awards stage :lol:
This a bunch of nothing. Da Baby success really got you feeling yourself.

You really expect me to sit here and quantify all the success and influences from NYC rappers in the past 15 years?

Like y'all ****** really be on the internet.

Don't know anything about what goes on up here

Regardless of what weak narrative y'all try to create NYC artist have assimilated the same success over that time period as their counterparts from the rest of the country

Not even gonna engage due to the inevitable goal post moving and argument about who's "relevant" versus what's "hot" and isn't.

Don't talk to me about the streets cause you know nothing about what's going on up here.

Don't talk me about mainstream cause ALL these ****** are moving the same first week units outside of the top 5.

Back
Top Bottom