Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

- Money had a whole album shelved with some of these songs and dropped a different album since then.

- He wasn't about to die, he had plastic surgery done. Which is pretty serious so he could have died.

It’s still fu plus who else has put 2 and 3 year old songs on their album lol

ummm...

what you think Bonus songs on CDs were back then?

DJ clue would have mobb deep, DMX, Wu-tang ish a YEAR plus before da actual album came out.

I shot ya was OLLLLLD as hell before it got on BIG's album.

Jay-Z used to make music soundtracks, get da movie budget to finance da record, then lift said record and put it on his album a year later.

some of ya sound like haters...that ish beeeeeeeeeeeeeen done...ya new kids used to having scattered loosies floating on internet with no home visavee Lil Wayne not having a lock on his studio door...

- Money had a whole album shelved

mac and cheese? that was turned into a mixtape and dropped...and guess what, people recycle mixtapes songs and throw em on official albums ALLL day long *cough* dipset....*cough* young money....

keep that same energy for da SoundCloud rappers ya pump here.

ummm...

DJ clue would have mobb deep, DMX, Wu-tang ish a YEAR plus before da actual album came out.

Jay-Z used to make music soundtracks, get da movie budget to finance da record, then lift said record and put it on his album a year later.

some of ya sound like haters...that ish beeeeeeeeeeeeeen done...ya new kids used to having scattered loosies floating on internet with no home visavee Lil Wayne not having a lock on his studio door...

This man stuck in the 90s.

I don't understand why dudes who live in Atl still ride with all that stuff in the car. All they do in Atl is break into cars. Got a homegirl that got car jacked at the gas station last year there.

On a related note, I saw Boosie's house while landing in Atl a couple months ago. You can't miss it cause he has a huge BOOSIE written on his lawn lol

ummm...

You said all that but can’t name anything from the last 20 years :lol:

so we not gonna act like 89% of NTer ain't washed and don't clubs...i seen that thread in general...i seen da same names here :lol:
Depends where you club at, down where I’m at and back home you only hearing that joint with Swae Lee ...could be a different playlist full of a whole block of French by you

I don't understand why dudes who live in Atl still ride with all that stuff in the car. All they do in Atl is break into cars. Got a homegirl that got car jacked at the gas station last year there.

On a related note, I saw Boosie's house while landing in Atl a couple months ago. You can't miss it cause he has a huge BOOSIE written on his lawn lol

Yea alotta break ins and robberies in ATL...you not likely to really get hurt physically, but cats always watching for the next come up cuz the city all about stuntin and celebrity ****

1576611736387.png

My *****, I can't think of an artist that used big songs from a shelved album, released a whole new album and then dropped a new album years later.

I know rappers have thrown on a bonus track for a song a year MAYBE two years old. French threw on 3-4 year old songs, we've never seen this.

He tried to do this but both his discs were garbage

81umHhwn+TL._SL1500_.jpg

I don’t even leave gloves in my car breh. This man left $70k in hardware just chillin lol

he asked a question i gave him an answer

u moving goal posts now....

I just told you dipset's entire discography is lifting songs that was buzzing on their mixtapes and putting it on albums

thats a lot different than present day. I mean you not wrong but it’s also not relevant cuz it was exposure to music that most people hadn’t heard already cuz it was on tapes.

we talking about presently where ****** can use old *** (global hit) songs to buff up their sales on an album. everybody doing that is getting looked at funny.

Drake did it too and ****** said the same thing, French ain’t selling no god damn 530k first week :lol:

two things here

1) French clearly went to the extreme to juice the album sales #'s, a strategy that others used he just took it to the extreme
2) We not gonna sit here and act like French is a trash rapper when ya'll support the rappers that ya'll do :lol:

French has consistently been one of the few artist in rap, that has consistently dropped fire mixtapes & had HITS, we not doing this today.

two things here

1) French clearly went to the extreme to juice the album sales #'s, a strategy that others used he just took it to the extreme
2) We not gonna sit here and act like French is a trash rapper when ya'll support the rappers that ya'll do :lol:

French has consistently been one of the few artist in rap, that has consistently dropped fire mixtapes & had HITS, we not doing this today.

I just don’t like hit chaser French. Like it’s so bad my version of Unforgettable don’t even have him on it.

66084321-B42D-4717-B60A-90DDDF9B303C.png

I like Pluto, Lay Down, So High, Wave Gang French though

Mac & cheese 4 is a mixtape, and people lift songs from mixtapes alllllll da time.

It was a retail album in the stores that got shelved because it had no interest. It actually stocked in some stores and then get sent away for good.

so we not gonna act like 89% of NTer ain't washed and don't clubs...i seen that thread in general...i seen da same names here :lol:
I'm just saying, we’re getting older. At a certain point, I kinda feel like that’s the natural progression.

****** keep going to the club through their 40s? :lol:

two things here

On the #2 part....imma need you to name names, on the supposed “trash” rappers that are globally “supported” in this thread by the majority of posters in this thread.

Cuz some of you do this a lot, and it’s not the reality of the majority of this thread.

On the #2 part....imma need you to name names, on the supposed “trash” rappers that are globally “supported” in this thread by the majority of posters in this thread.

Cuz some of you do this a lot, and it’s not the reality of the majority of this thread.

I never said anyone was globally supported, however i can guarantee that 90% of the people who claim French is "trash" post rappers who are in the exact same tier as him skillwise

Whoa whoa French is absolutely a trash rapper.
If his name was lil Montana with a face tat, he’d get killed

call a spade a spade

the fact that you think French is anywhere near the soundcloud rappers in terms of skill & song making tells me that there's no need to continue this convo

Back
Top Bottom