Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

you know a ***** country when they still say www before a website and just ww at that

***** ain’t even say the full www. He said two W’s. Hatch hollerin out....”Dubya Dubya...Boosie Cologne dot com :lol:”. My guy.

But yeah. You got me back listening to this tape. Swear, he couldn’t miss for a long period of time. Consistency and catalog so deep...he already a a cult figure, heavily respected and a legend. He fell off...but Boosie prime **** timeless. And he one of the main influences on the best of the young *****s today. Verse 3 on this is perfect.

“Where the stop signs aint stop signs we run through em (**** em),
Where the hoz open them thighs and we run through em (we **** em),
Age 13 they handed blunts to em,
Age 15 they handin guns to em,
I’m from this south side this hood of mine,
The bad live, good die ****** slangin iron,
Them choppas fly on new years and the fourth of july,
It’s hot round here, slip up, and i bet you die
They shed so many ******* tears in this life i live
You ain’t know my bread, I pay the price to kill,
You get your rep when you little, can't be new round here,
****** a bust yo *** quick thats how they do round here,
School round here is like a club, to the young ******
They spit game a couple of hours and **** at lunch *****,
The old people they know people so they call yo people when you in trouble
That’s how it is in the gutta”

A8987987-46CF-4D49-BF17-56F917A07DD9.gif

View attachment 2474042
Saying you’re multiplatinum while you’re album got streams and sales of a wood album isn’t good enough.

Now I don’t know what the budget for that album is. I’d guess it wasn’t a big budget cause the album is garbage and lazy as hell. Just threw it out. Could have been something to get out of a contract.

you are aware this is far and away French's best album outta his 3 studio offerings.

View attachment 2474042

you are aware this is far and away French's best album outta his 3 studio offerings.

He was 0-2 so this 9 song album should be better. Had to get rid of the filler. This album was lazy as **** though, I’m a really listen to it later today.

*****s gonna jump mountains and lift cars to try to make nipsey a unanimous legend :ohwell:.

I know a few people that been out with Nip, all said the same thing. Mad down to earth, acted like a regular *****. Nip had a small fanbase before he died and they were real loyal but he wasn’t a superstar or in people’s houses and cars like that. Not to take anything away from him but dead rappers get better promotion

Had to get rid of the filler.

there is absolutely no filler in French Montana's new album, just keep it up buck with us and tell people that you don't like da commercial songs.

you can play Montana front to back and it flows as good or even better than Coke boys 2 (French's most critically acclaimed project).

It’s so weird cause Boosie 37, still looks young. But his soul is so old, he unc status. But technically, not really. He got the soul of a 50 year old. I love being from the south :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

*****s gonna jump mountains and lift cars to try to make nipsey a unanimous legend :ohwell:.

.....and they wasn’t on his music like that. None of them bought the XXL when he was a Freshman in 2009/2010. When I saw ESPN and TNT playing his music, I knew what it was. THEY AINT NO S******** ABOUT A NIPSEY.

NFL Network did the Documentary with Desean Jackson... again, once these media networks get involved who didn’t know bruh from a can of paint, you know it’s fake as hell.

nah I disagree, Tupac was already a super elite tier rapper by da time he was a death row artist.

when Tupac was on top Jay-Z was a little little little deal in comparison.

think he’s more speaking on post death status + the “legend” label

I tend to agree with letting the kids have their fun like old heads didn’t let us when we were younger lol but I also saw someone call Lil Peep a legend and wanted to throw my phone across my office

but I get the difference. cultural shift got things lookin funny sometimes. I try to be an understanding old head but some of this **** too wild to me and I say this as huge Uzi fan :lol:

think he’s more speaking on post death status + the “legend” label

I tend to agree with letting the kids have their fun like old heads didn’t let us when we were younger lol but I also saw someone call Lil Peep a legend and wanted to throw my phone across my office

pac was clearly a legend in life though. BUT, you’ve got to let people feel how they feel. A 32 year old (myself) should not be telling a 17-24 year old who a legend is to them.

Everyone has a time and day. I am no way a fan of XXX, Lil Peep or a Juice WRLD. They’re music is not my style and their subject matter is not for me. Their music probably helped some kid get through a tough time.

but guys like Kodak, NBA, No Cap etc.? Who, even me being 32, I play their music consistently?? They’re LEGENDS in my eyes! See the difference. They’re the same age demographic as the other cats I posted, but they’re music is more relatable for what I’m accustomed too.

I’m jamming them boys til death. Windows down, forearm out the window, mean mugging, “I-wish-a-mfer-try-me” Music!!!!

Back
Top Bottom